• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Its sad because this guy is so good but looks like the odd one out in terms of his intensity, attitude and hunger.

I see him getting fed up of our squad quite quickly when he properly matches his potential, if we are still the way we are with relaxed characters like Özil and Aubameyang as our best players.

Alexis rightly got fed up of this crap. Except he contradicted himself and joined United :lol:
If we are lucky maybe he likes us cause we gave him a chance when others didn't, even after trials.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
He was getting roughed up by Walker and none of our players do a thing!
Not even protecting our precious 19 year old.

Vieira would leave a hard one in and Walker would be sulking all over the pitch.
Good point. Xhaka might've done it by accident had he played. This is a clear example of missing leadership. Would love someone with the mentality and physicallity of Vieira. Have no clue who could come in and be such a leader in our midfield though. I rate Partey, but I'm not sure if that's part of his game. Only one I can think of is Fernandinho who might be available at the end of the season.

OSBK

Established Member
If you look at all the top south american forwards over the last few years except neymar they all have similar qualities.

Mid 20s
Aguero ball chasing, mobile, powerful for his size
Suarez- ball chasing, mobile, powerful for his size
Messi- ball chasing mobile, powerful for his size
Sanchez- ball chasing, mobile, powerful for his size
Dybala- ball chasing, mobile, powerful for his size

All these traits they have in common and martinelli has that as well. Lets hope the quality over the years gets to those levels.

Symbia

If you look at all the top south american forwards over the last few years except neymar they all have similar qualities.

Mid 20s
Aguero ball chasing, mobile, powerful for his size
Suarez- ball chasing, mobile, powerful for his size
Messi- ball chasing mobile, powerful for his size
Sanchez- ball chasing, mobile, powerful for his size
Dybala- ball chasing, mobile, powerful for his size

All these traits they have in common and martinelli has that as well. Lets hope the quality over the years gets to those levels.
Is Messi really ball chasing player or is there a deferent meaning of the term? Hardly see him chase after defender and win a tackle.

I will place Nelli in the level of Tevez and Alexis in that regard. The 3 above are quite outstanding in that aspect.

OSBK

Established Member
Is Messi really ball chasing player or is there a deferent meaning of the term? Hardly see him chase after defender and win a tackle.

I will place Nelli in the level of Tevez and Alexis in that regard. The 3 above are quite outstanding in that aspect.

Messi isnt now. But you watch messi 10 years ago and he was a different animal.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Great talent but is miles better atm when he doesnt have to think, thats why is looks better in the middle atm
He's just better at exploiting space from the centre. I prefer him to be developed as a CF aswell tbh, but he has Auba and Laca there instead.

I liked his endeavor and he was dangerous around the final 3rd. That noticeable work-rate and intensity will stand him in good stead and protect him.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
He's just better at exploiting space from the centre. I prefer him to be developed as a CF aswell tbh, but he has Auba and Laca there instead.

I liked his endeavor and he was dangerous around the final 3rd. That noticeable work-rate and intensity will stand him in good stead and protect him.
If PEA and Lacazette were to leave this summer, who would be your pick for LW if Martineli was the CF?

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I also think he could be a great modern CF. Someone who is good at the press and movement, which allows wingers to truly blossom also. As already mentioned, something like Aguero and Suarez, even Alexis if he ever wanted to succeed as CF, and let's not forget Lautaro Martinez. Inter does play 352 with Lukaku helping him, but the work rate Lautaro needs to put in every game is insane, and perfect for something we are talking about in here.

Just imagine replacing Auba with Zaha for example and have Zaha Laca Pepe attack
with Martinelli Saka and Nelson also there

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I also think he could be a great modern CF. Someone who is good at the press and movement, which allows wingers to truly blossom also. As already mentioned, something like Aguero and Suarez, even Alexis if he ever wanted to succeed as CF, and let's not forget Lautaro Martinez. Inter does play 352 with Lukaku helping him, but the work rate Lautaro needs to put in every game is insane, and perfect for something we are talking about in here.

Just imagine replacing Auba with Zaha for example and have Zaha Laca Pepe attack
with Martinelli Saka and Nelson also there

Zaha is totally overrated. Zaha is just another Pepe, but more ineffective.
Arsenal needs more a Grealish type playing there. Grealish would start on the left, but not get stuck there, he would communicate better with the midfield, float in other positions, could set the tempo of the team, could dribble, could create chances too, also he could play as midfielder if this is the case. Better age too (24 yo), just entering his peak.

About Martinelli, I'm interested in the benefits Arteta will bring to him and for the club.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal needs more a Grealish type playing there. Grealish would start on the left, but not get stuck there, he would communicate better with the midfield, float in other positions, could set the tempo of the team, could dribble, could create chances too, also he could play as midfielder if this is the case. Better age too (24 yo), just entering his peak.
I agree about needing a floating player like that but Grealish is a CAM these days Im pretty sure. He doesnt play LW anymore

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

About Martinelli, I'm interested in the benefits Arteta will bring to him and for the club.
Am not a huge fan of Zaha myself, was more of a quick idea what it could look like, but I didn't really do my bit in explaining that.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I agree about needing a floating player like that but Grealish is a CAM these days Im pretty sure. He doesnt play LW anymore

He can start on the left, could play there, but also could play as CAM/CM. But in fact if you see his average position currently, he matches as a typical LW/LF... of course he is not your a typical winger/inverted winger, but I think Arsenal needs more an advanced playmaker there. Zaha is a lot like Pepe in my opinion, Grealish, instead, would give you one more pass option in the middle.

As a LW, Grealish has 4 Goals and 2 Assists in 8 Games with an average of 44 attempted passes per match = involved a lot in build up plays.
3.3 shots, 3.4 key passes per 90.

I also think the formation to go is 4-3-3.

A lot of his goals and assists are coming from the left.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

He was one of the best elite high pressers in world football in his early 20s, now he's 32 he's a different player and clearly reserves his energy for raping the entire team and smashing it in the corner.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

He can start on the left, could play there, but also could play as CAM/CM. But in fact if you see his average position currently, he matches as a typical LW/LF... of course he is not your a typical winger/inverted winger, but I think Arsenal needs more an advanced playmaker there. Zaha is a lot like Pepe in my opinion, Grealish, instead, would give you one more pass option in the middle.

As a LW, Grealish has 4 Goals and 2 Assists in 8 Games with an average of 44 attempted passes per match = involved a lot in build up plays.
3.3 shots, 3.4 key passes per 90.

I also think the formation to go is 4-3-3.

A lot of his goals and assists are coming from the left.

Some nice goals tbf but that commentators voice is irritating as ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom