• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

Its alright. Its just sad because noone loves puffins more than me. Beautiful birds. I live in Island class and when the puffins are small they fly towards the lighta in our town on the largest Island and as kids we spend many nights in August finding them and clean the oik of them and release them back to the sea!

Sounds better than watching Arsenal thats for sure

progman07

Established Member
Really questioning whether LW is where his talents and tendencies are optimized. Think he can be a more goalscoring, more agile Roberto Firmino type if played as a CF. That'd be huge, because I think having such a player would benefit someone like Pépé as well.
Yes, when I compare him and Saka, I see Martinelli as an absolute no9, while Saka is suited to the wings.

Of course Arteta's tactic with Xhaka pulling back, Saka running up and the winger running inside can help him a lot, but what's missing is a right winger and wingback who can both put in low crosses to the runners.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He's only 18 man. Coming over from Brazil to Europe for the first time. New language. New environment. Weather change.

To the premier league. Nobody his age transitions so well.

His development needs to be #1 priority at our club, there needs to be a long term plan to make him our starting striker.

What a monster talent.

Smail

he is our Sancho, we need to be careful or soon he will want out of the club, albeit for a high fee.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I hope he continues at his current trajectory and we can match it.

JoaoFelix

EOk2R1gW4AEfcBn
17 years old mbappe was infinitely better than martinelli

JoaoFelix

He’s a bit average at everything except scoring at the moment.

The nose for goal is fantastic and he’s got the technical base to become a top all around forward but he’s currently meh in possession.

Calls for him to start centrally are premature, let him develop on the wing imo.
I wouldn’t say average, it’s just his biggest strength is his finishing, movement off the ball. I think he has a good close control. He reminds me of Alexis sancez. Sanchez was just more creative than
Him but they look like each others in many others aspect of the game.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn’t say average, it’s just his biggest strength is his finishing, movement off the ball. I think he has a good close control. He reminds me of Alexis sancez. Sanchez was just more creative than
I don’t think average is a bad thing though when talking about an 18 year old in the context of PL level football.

He’s got a very solid base of attributes to build from. But you can see his inexperience show through quite often which for me separates the generational type (Cesc, Rooney, Mbappe etc) talents from the others. Those type of talents just didn’t seem young on the pitch.

I still think he can be as good as he wants to be though, CR7 for example overtook Rooney once they got into their twenties, so it’s no criticism.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

I don't know whats your point dude? Martinelli is just being good.
You compare Martinelli with Mbappe (playing in the French League in a functional Monaco, his runs in the UCL was with 18 years old tho) but you have no base to compare them since they didn't played in the same team or even in the same league.
with 17.5 years old Martinelli was comparable to 17 years old Neymar in the same Campeonato Paulista.

Btw, you already said Felix was much better than Martinelli (Felix is having a terrible season at Madrid with 20 y/o, his own season at Benfica with 19 yo was already overrated), Mbappe (no base to comparison) and saying Martinelli was a less creative version than Sanchez.
Dude, take in mind that Martinelli's numbers at 18 yo are superior to 21 yo Alexis Sanchez numbers. Sanchez at 21 was in Udinese scoring 5 Goals and 2 Assists in 2292 minutes. Martinelli already has 9 Goals and 3 or 4 Assists in less than half of this time (1060 minutes), and he is doing it pressing and tracking back a lot.... and arguably out of his best position too.(all Goals and Assists of Mbappe with 17/18 yo were from CF position, Martinelli had end product starting in all positions so far https://www.transfermarkt.com.br/gabriel-martinelli/leistungsdaten/spieler/655488)

Martinelli is a 18 yo playing in one of the worst Arsenal's of all time, let this guy in peace with you **** comparisons brother. He will improve for sure and then when he is 23 we can compare these players. So far he is doing well, as Saka is doing well too. Two legit prospects imo.

Last edited:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

He's only 18 man. Coming over from Brazil to Europe for the first time. New language. New environment. Weather change.

To the premier league. Nobody his age transitions so well.

His development needs to be #1 priority at our club, there needs to be a long term plan to make him our starting striker.

What a monster talent.

JoaoFelix

You compare Martinelli with Mbappe (playing in the French League in a functional Monaco, his runs in the UCL was with 18 years old tho) but you have no base to compare them since they didn't played in the same team or even in the same league.
with 17.5 years old Martinelli was comparable to 17 years old Neymar in the same Campeonato Paulista.

Btw, you already said Felix was much better than Martinelli (Felix is having a terrible season at Madrid with 20 y/o, his own season at Benfica with 19 yo was already overrated), Mbappe (no base to comparison) and saying Martinelli was a less creative version than Sanchez.
Dude, take in mind that Martinelli's numbers at 18 yo are superior to 21 yo Alexis Sanchez numbers. Sanchez at 21 was in Udinese scoring 5 Goals and 2 Assists in 2292 minutes. Martinelli already has 9 Goals and 3 or 4 Assists in less than half of this time (1060 minutes), and he is doing it pressing and tracking back a lot.... and arguably out of his best position too.(all Goals and Assists of Mbappe with 17/18 yo were from CF position, Martinelli had end product starting in all positions so far https://www.transfermarkt.com.br/gabriel-martinelli/leistungsdaten/spieler/655488)

Martinelli is a 18 yo playing in one of the worst Arsenal's of all time, let this guy in peace with you **** comparisons brother. He will improve for sure and then when he is 23 we can compare these players. So far he is doing well, as Saka is doing well too. Two legit prospects imo.
Neymar is more creative than cr7 by far but cr7 is the still the better player. And yes martinelli was better than Sanchez when they had the same age

. Like I said, Martinelli is one of the biggest teenagers in the world, he can be one of the best striker in the world which I think he will because he looks ready mentally to me. Although, Mbappe was far more complete, efficient, and intelligent even creative. 18 years old Mbappe was already world class. He literally carried Monaco at 18 years old in the UCL. Mbappe is the only generational player with Arnold. So I think it’s not a fair comparison. I think we should enjoy having such a talent like Martinelli because he’s going straight to the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom