Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Kingslayer, Jul 2, 2019.

1. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

He must have made an instant impression. He got added to the first team squad very quickly.

krackpot and Wrighty4eva like this.
  2. arsenefc

arsenefc Obsessed With Guendouzi

like with Doozi, certain promises regarding playing time and pathway into first team would have been made.

3. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

He was always going to be with the first team. With John-Jules and Balogun there was no need for a forward in the youth teams.

celestis and Maybe like this.
  4. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Looking great in the compilations. Looks like he have his head up when he is attacking which is nice. Looking foward to see him play for us tbh.
    Only turned 18 june this year as well.

He has only played in **** leagues though.

Football Manager likes this.
  5. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Short man Syndrome

Could be elite now imo, wasn't shy.

6. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

7. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Really liked his movement for the goal, good instinct to use the shoulder aswell.

8. Shahin Tadjalli

Shahin Tadjalli Active Member

Theres a phone with a cable right below the TV and the place looks rather minimalistic. He signs from a 4th league Brazilian side and will be able to provide security to his entire family from being talented and hungry. His family must be stoked.

God I love this game.

krengon and pigge like this.
  9. Eduardo_da_Silva

Eduardo_da_Silva Well-Known Member

I think ball just hit him but good goal nevertheless.

10. pigge

pigge Well-Known Member

Actually rewatched it again, really think he means to do it. He pushes his shoulder forward

ptrcopp, ASIF, neimad and 3 others like this.
  11. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

It happens fast and he barely has a chance to react but there is a definite nudge from his shoulder which definitely helped the ball along. Whether or not he'd have scored if it just hit him is debatable but I believe his reactions were brilliant and he deserved the goal simply for the position he was in.

12. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

Got a gem on our hands, will definitely make some cameos this season in the league, get the feeling Emery likes his work ethic...

yybecause, ASIF and krackpot like this.
  13. Gunner-Union

Gunner-Union Well-Known Member

Has some real pace

14. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Nice skills.

Camron, Gooner416, celestis and 4 others like this.
  15. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

So I guess those clips of him where he looks lightening quick in Brazil where he takes on multiple players translate to him doing it in an Arsenal shirt. I wouldn't worry too much about the finishing. It is pre season. What is key is that he has the confidence to beat players.

16. Wrighty4eva

Kind of glad that didn't go in the hype train would be unbearable right now :lol:, He has the tools but still needs time to develop without unnecessary fan pressure.

17. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

I wasn't that excited when I saw clips from Brazil, but when he replicates that against Fiorentina then I'm more confident he can be the same player from the clips. The finish wasn't that bad, you can see he was aiming at something but I was expecting he would run around the keeper

18. Wrighty4eva

His shooting technique is already better than Iwobi's , he's going to be putting them in soon..

19. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Brazilian Heung Min Son. I’m sold

20. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

That run was enough for me. Same as when Jeff done something similar against Wolfsburg.

You know talent when you see it, intrigued by this lad.