• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
:lol:
look at Man U to see what shouldering the entire attacking responsibility on talented boys look like - and they have two. One of them is overplayed and ruined anyways.

One of Auba and Laca will stay, sorry to break it to you lads.
Right, and what happens then? Auba leaves on free or signs a massive new contract just when he starts to decline or Laca stays on his fat contract, blocks both Martinelli and Nketiah while scoring 3 goals. Laca eventually completely loses his value or stays like Özil and enjoys his salary while giving nothing in return.
On the other hand, you can sell both, buy LW for that money and play Martinelli as CF, you keep your finances in check, have nice long term deals and you only worry about who will offer more for one of your best players on this crazy market.

I'm definitely happy you are not my financial advisor.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Right, and what happens then? Auba leaves on free or signs a massive new contract just when he starts to decline or Laca stays on his fat contract, blocks both Martinelli and Nketiah while scoring 3 goals. Laca eventually completely loses his value or stays like Özil and enjoys his salary while giving nothing in return.
On the other hand, you can sell both, buy LW for that money and play Martinelli as CF, you keep your finances in check, have nice long term deals and you only worry about who will offer more for one of your best players on this crazy market.

I'm definitely happy you are not my financial advisor.
Lol this place struggles to get their point across without some snide comment or insult init :lol:

Martilleni doesn’t have the upper body strength to lead the line as a solo striker just yet- ditto Nketiah, as much as I like them both. You guys will just ruin them once you turn on them once you realise Martilleni isn’t going to score every game.

Lead the line once in a blue, sure. Every week? Looks a bit questionable.

You don’t know whether Aubameyang or Laca will extend their contracts. Admittedly Auba is unlikely. It’s not farfetched that one of them remain.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Lol this place struggles to get their point across without some snide comment or insult init :lol:

Martilleni doesn’t have the upper body strength to lead the line as a solo striker just yet- ditto Nketiah, as much as I like them both. You guys will just ruin them once you turn on them once you realise Martilleni isn’t going to score every game.

You don’t know whether Aubameyang or Laca will extend their contracts. Admittedly Auba is unlikely. It’s not farfetched that one of them remain.
Don't think you get my point at all, the idea is not to put pressure on Martinelli but to sell both Auba and Laca to finance our move for a top quality wide player that can make the difference. Martinelli is just a guy who would replace Laca without any drop in quality or goals scored/created from CF.
The focus should be to break this dysfunctional attack that we have and get the most out of it on the market, which includes selling Auba as well.

Martinelli is perfectly capable of scoring 20+ goals a season already, more than Laca does.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why would it be so shocking to you if we would have one of the best talents at our club? Not so long ago, Arsenal had some of the best young players in Europe but these days by default all of our young players are rubbish before they even touch the ball.
We are comparing Martinelli to Laca who basically killed his Arsenal career this season and Auba who will be 31 on a massive salary request.

What exactly is so shocking about bringing in WC left forward and keep Martinelli as the main CF instead of having a broken attack with Auba and Laca? This is not even a football manager theory, it's a completely valid opinion that financially we could get top quality LF by selling both Laca and Auba
I’m not saying we should keep Auba and Laca. I think we should cash in on both if they don’t want to extend their contracts. I’m just saying that there’s no chance we do that and don’t sign a striker. Martinelli would be good backup as well as a LW for us but he won’t be first choice ST going into the season.

Personally I’d like Grealish who can play LW and CM as well as a striker like Dembele from Lyon (although admittedly I haven’t seen him much) he seems like a proper number 9 unlike Auba and Laca. I know this would cost more than what we get from Auba and Laca but still. It sorts creative midfield and attack.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Are you and big poppa pump the same person?

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Martinelli will be better than Firmino or Jesus. Save this post. He barely had bad moments in 2019 (some quiet moments, still very very impressive for a 18 years old) in either Arsenal or Ituano. A total of 2500 minutes more or less, that is not a small sample to analyze.... and it is only in the past game, that I saw him really struggling a little bit.

I hope that Arsenal really does have a plan to develop this player, and in three years time we will see what he will become.

avalonhse

How old is Haaland if I may ask? Player that only started his career and played zero games in Bundesliga before Dortmund decided to have him as a main CF option. Should they buy another 27y old bum so they can say they have some experience? I would say no.
We are talking here about Dortmund, the club that targets good CL results and Bundesliga title and the club that would mop the floor with us.

Quality management will make big decisions like Dortmund does, average will play it safe and continue with steady decline.

Stop saying what you know nothing at all. Until now Haaland has four appearances and started only one. So no matter how much talent he is and the ground breaking record he has until now, Favre has not considered him as the main CF option as you said.

Simply put, we should handle Martinelli as Favre is doing with Haaland: let the young man learn and grow, do not force responsibility to him too soon.

Edit: Haaland was born in 2000 and Martinelli was 2001. Haaland played in Bundesliga and Martinelli played in Premier league. Is it the same or different?

Last edited:

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Stop saying what you know nothing at all. Until now Haaland has four appearances and started only one. So no matter how much talent he is and the ground breaking record he has until now, Favre has not considered him as the main CF option as you said.

Simply put, we should handle Martinelli as Favre is doing with Haaland: let the young man learn and grow, do not force responsibility to him too soon.

Edit: Haaland was born in 2000 and Martinelli was 2001. Haaland played in Bundesliga and Martinelli played in Premier league. Is it the same or different?
Come back here in 2 months to delete you post, make a reminder so you don't forget it.
Dortmund bought him to be their main striker, they don't waste money like we do with Pepe. He will be their default striker before he makes 15 appearances for them.

But I agree, we should handle Martinelli as Favre will handle Haaland by not forcing him to play wing back role like we do now. If Haaland is a forward I don't expect Favre to play him on a left/right wing back or whatever **** we do with Martinelli.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
But I agree, we should handle Martinelli as Favre will handle Haaland by not forcing him to play wing back role like we do now. If Haaland is a forward I don't expect Favre to play him on a left/right wing back or whatever **** we do with Martinelli.
When has he played wingback?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

All this media stuff about Madrid already scouting Martinelli & already trying to sign him I hope isn't going to happen. Surely we can't lose one of our future stars within a year. Will be ridiculous if it does.

GDeep™

League is very weak
All this media stuff about Madrid already scouting Martinelli & already trying to sign him I hope isn't going to happen. Surely we can't lose one of our future stars within a year. Will be ridiculous if it does.

Real don’t sign young players unless they are excellent. Martinelli is miles off that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What? You hope our players aren't excellent so that Real and other big clubs aren't interested in them?

I hope every big club in the world is after our players - it means we've finally recruited and managed well.
More like there is time to enjoy Martinelli as it’s a little early to be on the radar of a Real.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
What? You hope our players aren't excellent so that Real and other big clubs aren't interested in them?

I hope every big club in the world is after our players - it means we've finally recruited and managed well.
:lol: :facepalm:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Think @avalonhse has it spot on not sure what dumping all attacking responsibilities on young Martinelli will achieve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom