• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Weird that he's gone on holiday, you would think he would want to be in and around the first team set up as much as possible, I guess with Arteta as manager, he figured what's the point ?

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Weird that he's gone on holiday, you would think he would want to be in and around the first team set up as much as possible, I guess with Arteta as manager, he figured what's the point ?
Where did you find that he's on holiday?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
I’m sure if he was under Klopp he would be banging in 15 goals a season. Jota (who doesn’t have Martinelli’s raw ability) looks a world beater for them.

Another example of Arteta wasting potential and not knowing how to coach such players.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Didn’t he play in a behind the scenes game on Friday for us and a scored a few?
Yeah he took off not too long after that..
Also looks like he was in Portugal not Brazil..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211011-155129_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211011-155129_Instagram.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 3

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I tbindk he generally prefers experienced pmayers and will only play younger ones out of necessity.
I think Arteta just prefers good players tbh. Bar the odd confusing choice like (Willian over Pepe and Mari over Gabriel) he just wants guys who are going to win him games. He’s under pressure after all.

Most of our youngsters are hugely overrated and only ESR and Saka really have any business regularly starting for us if we’re being quite honest.

Kav

Established Member
I think he has a preference for possession based players but hes shown that he likes experienced players.

His present use of the younger players is an experiment that he is trying, it was thrusted on him by edu. I dont think he actually fancies younger players except those who lean very heavily on ball retention.

I dont think anyone is asking for Martinelli to start though, just give him a few games here or there to help his development.

Mind you rarely does Arteta make effective attacking substitutions anyway so this may be a pipe dream.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I’m sure if he was under Klopp he would be banging in 15 goals a season. Jota (who doesn’t have Martinelli’s raw ability) looks a world beater for them.

Another example of Arteta wasting potential and not knowing how to coach such players.
Jota has way way more ability than martinelli......come on now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I actually dont think he really improves our starting XI but I'd like to see him being give more chances as he's a real danger when trying to get a goal. Also his development is being hampered a lot now.

Looking at our striker situation I see no reason why he shouldn't be the immediate backup to Auba, especially looking toward the future

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Also our pack of goal threat in general makes you look towards guys like Martinelli.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If saka can't make it against villa then start him i don't want see ESR as LW or auba i want natural winger.

I was frustrated at times when he with ball the players just not support him or make runs

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He was bright when he came on but so isolated. It was frustrating as hell, Mikel needs to work on getting the attacking unit closer to each other, especially when we are chasing a game. The off ball movement was predicable and slow

Top Bottom