• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think I would take some 10m for him atm especially when I see how Nketiah is developing. Martinelli is the same player as he was 2 years ago, maybe slightly worse

blaze_of_glory

Looked so promising two seasons ago but he honestly has not impressed ever since that injury. Had very limited chances of course, but hasn't taken them.

Maybe should go on loan in January, I dunno.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

“Shining”

1185492697.jpg.0.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Need to give him 10-15 minutes a game he got good ability against tired legs and he work hard

Pop Tart

Established Member
Done well for his standard 5 min cameo appearance, dont get why arteta could not give him 20 mins against Watford If it was liverpool fair enough but he is running his starting 11 into the ground by not making subs sooner.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He needs more playing time but seems to have played with a bit more brain in his brief cameo. I wonder if he can play in front of Laca to give Auba a break.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd be open to loaning him for the second half of the season. Next season, assuming that we qualify for Europe, he'll play more minutes and we'll need him to be ready.

Nketiah could also benefit from Martinelli's minutes in the second half of the season.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Only chance he has here is as a number 9, but he'll never develop properly the way things are going for him now. He definitely needs a loan but if Arteta is here long term he might need to seriously consider his future especially with links to Vlahovic and the fact I don't think he'd do what Arteta required as a wide player. He'll only ever be a bit part player and I think he's got far too much talent for that.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Only chance he has here is as a number 9, but he'll never develop properly the way things are going for him now. He definitely needs a loan but if Arteta is here long term he might need to seriously consider his future especially with links to Vlahovic and the fact I don't think he'd do what Arteta required as a wide player. He'll only ever be a bit part player and I think he's got far too much talent for that.
He's very talented and he 100% needs a run of games. I think it's only partly an Arteta thing though. He has been given chances, similar to Nelson & Willock, but hasn't really done enough with them to warrant keeping his place. I'd have liked to see him come on earlier in matches, the 90th minute subs show that he's close to the first team but they are never going to help his development.

He's been unlucky to a degree as well in that he's probably 7th choice in a 4 man attack. He's got Ode & Pepe ahead of him in the "subs queue" and we've been lucky with injuries. Even one injury and he would have had significantly more game time to stake a claim.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I think he’s looked good recently, if we can find the right game to use him I’d fancy him to do some damage. I’ve liked him from the right would like to see a little more of him there.

Makavelii

I just wonder if the injury has taken away his potential. Seen so many players cop and injury like that and never be the same again.

Note: I don’t think it’s fair to blame Arteta.

Top Bottom