• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He seems far better on the right than on the left, game looks simpler for him, just needs to use his pace and beat people on the outside. He also has a great delivery so should put plenty on a plate for our striker to miss, not to mention his movement will get him goals as he showed in the Newcastle game.

Could have a Selecao Dan James on our hands people. 🔥
Selecao what?

20211203_212732.jpg

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He needs to be our ESR of last year, if he isn’t we’re absolutely ****ed. ESR is the only one putting up numbers out of our attackers so far, not sustainable this bollocks.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Arteta is turning him into laca
I know this maybe a joke?:)
I do think Arteta may see him as someone who could play through the centre.
However he doesnt have the skillset certainly at the moment to play as a '10' or 2nd striker imho.
Right now he is more of a low touch player & his 1st touch, hold up play would need to go up levels. In that regard he is more similar to Auba than Laca.

Thats not to say that side of his game cant develop, he is still very young.

Liam_Og

I would drop Auba and play him off Lacazette. He needs to play, thought he was our best player at the toilet.

I’d bite the bullet and play him at CF with Øde as a 10, with Laca outgoing next year. Pretty sure we’ll see something similar next season. Just get on with it.

I want to see a centre forward breaking the lines and making runs for a through ball

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I’d bite the bullet and play him at CF with Øde as a 10, with Laca outgoing next year. Pretty sure we’ll see something similar next season. Just get on with it.

I want to see a centre forward breaking the lines and making runs for a through ball
Its great in theory but if Gabby struggles & say we dont get back into Europe the player would get pelters & the manager sacked.
Its a massive call to leave out your skipper, bigger than leaving out Özil.

Auba & Laca may not be the future & are now perhaps on the down curve but they are still proven experienced players.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Its great in theory but if Gabby struggles & say we dont get back into Europe the player would get pelters & the manager sacked.

Auba & Laca may not be the future & are now perhaps on the down curve but they are still proven experienced players.
Don't disagree with this and think you're right that Arteta probably wants to avoid another Özil situation where you've got a rift with a high profile player. He's stuck by Auba so far though and giving him a couple of games on the bench after a bad run of form isn't the end of the world. He's done this with £70m Pepe without too much grief.

The problem is more that Martinelli hasn't really proved himself to be answer so far when he's been given chances. Last two games have been very good though and I'd like him to get a run in our first team again. It's annoying when Arteta subs him on with just a couple of minutes of the match left, has happened quite often.

Liam_Og

Even if Gabby does struggle for 2/3 games, its no different to Auba’s consistent struggle now.

Gabby will bounce back, he’s young and developing, Auba everytime something goes agains him he loses another 1% of his ability it seems. I’m not sure its a physical problem, and i know nothing about elite sport psychology, but let the dude lay on a couch for a couple of games and chance Martinelli. Especially against sides that play low block in the bottom half of the table. If it don’t work, then we can pray that Auba has turned a corner and reintroduce him.

Pop Tart

Established Member

Proven experience at being ****ing useless. Wake up

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Even if Gabby does struggle for 2/3 games, its no different to Auba’s consistent struggle now.

Gabby will bounce back, he’s young and developing, Auba everytime something goes agains him he loses another 1% of his ability it seems. I’m not sure its a physical problem, and i know nothing about elite sport psychology, but let the dude lay on a couch for a couple of games and chance Martinelli. Especially against sides that play low block in the bottom half of the table. If it don’t work, then we can pray that Auba has turned a corner and reintroduce him.
I can certainly see your point, He could start up top against Everton It will be interesting to see what happens. He may get the opportunity in AFCON anyhow?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I would drop Auba and play him off Lacazette. He needs to play, thought he was our best player at the toilet.
You guys always say this about Martinelli then he gets a small run and flatters to deceive. You pretty much know the forum is full of 💩 when people start asking for Laca to start.

Our striker options are pretty much Auba and Laca until summer. Hopefully we find an undiscovered baby Benzema or something.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You guys always say this about Martinelli then he gets a small run and flatters to deceive. You pretty much know the forum is full of 💩 when people start asking for Laca to start.

Our striker options are pretty much Auba and Laca until summer. Hopefully we find an undiscovered baby Benzema or something.
Truth is playing Auba is Just making things worse. I think a couple of games away from the spotlight will do him good. You keep playing him and he keeps being crap and it just damages his confidence further and it further just takes pressure away from Arteta which I'm sure Arteta will love.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Truth is playing Auba is Just making things worse. I think a couple of games away from the spotlight will do him good. You keep playing him and he keeps being crap and it just damages his confidence further and it further just takes pressure away from Arteta which I'm sure Arteta will love.
It's a thankless task play who you want, you run around and press until something ricochets in your path and pray to the Gods that person converts. That's the CF role for Arsenal football club.

I guess Martinelli would get less flack and people will pretend it's good if he does his headless chicken shtick it's worth a shot.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
we wouldn’t even be talking about Martinelli if he didn’t score against Newcastle. Crazy how Artetas only just using him now, guy clearly has his favourites. Good to see him getting game time again.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
It's starting to remind me of Shevchenko under Jose. It's painful to watch atm.

Top Bottom