• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
What do you mean by my man? He's not my man, I liked the player and thought he was way more talented than this kick and run boy. He gave up on football and I don't bother checking where he plays and what he does

1716728929655.png

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I wouldn’t mind that however I don’t think we’re getting much from Jesus. Martinelli is a better sellable asset but I would only consider selling him at the right price.

Jesus doesn't really have a place in the modern game, he's an old school second striker type and would have been very good in a 2 with a target man or off the shoulder type perhaps 10-20 years ago, still think he's very talented and a decent squaddie but you shouldn't pay your squaddies 265k a week, he also can't hit a barn door unfortunately.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Plan A

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Plan B
Think Premier League GIF by Manchester United

Plan A

7fENDgnBpQjthwZZbmH1yaG3A7o=.gif

Plan B

9VSjIj8V6m1PbjwI-7-jyCkeFME=.gif

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The Pepe comparison is an interesting one because the idea that he needed an overlapping fullback to dovetail with him and give him space to cut inside was roundly mocked on here. However it’s generally accepted that Martinelli needs not only the ideal fullback, but a left 8 and a false 9 to hold his hand.

It begs the question whether someone who needs the absolute ideal conditions to succeed should be first choice at a club like this.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The Pepe comparison is an interesting one because the idea that he needed an overlapping fullback to dovetail with him and give him space to cut inside was roundly mocked on here. However it’s generally accepted that Martinelli needs not only the ideal fullback, but a left 8 and a false 9 to hold his hand.

It begs the question whether someone who needs the absolute ideal conditions to succeed should be first choice at a club like this.
He doesn’t need any of that if opposition team just give him plenty of space. They just need to stop being mean

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I understand why Arteta had no interest in making it work with Pepe, and I understand it now with Martinelli. The people who cry for Nelli but trolled Pepe need a moment of introspection.
I'm actually not 100% on why, something tells me it wasn't just the football side of it. So glad that it's over as it was probably the most frustrating period I've seen with this club. They had a guy who could easily be on 15+ goals per season even in that awful team, but no, let's sign Willian :lol:

Still entertaining to see people rate a kick and run brainless player over him and still argue about it :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I am pushing this so much because even though it's quite unlikely it happens, it will be amazing if I can say I called it 😅
Lol sorry to burst your bubble but you’re not the first one to call it. I’ve already said that if Madrid keep their current system when Mbappe arrives, then Rodrygo doesn’t get into their best team. Im pretty sure they’re usually playing a 2 pronged attack with Vinicius and Rodrygo in front of Bellingham behind.

That also works for Mbappe, he can slot into one of the false striker positions. So Madrid need to go back to playing a 433 (which changes Bellinghams role) AND play Mbappe in a position where he has gone on record of saying he doesn’t want to play (CF).

Even if they do something else, it’s hard to fit 4 attackers in a team without a system alteration. I believe they were playing Valverde vs City for balance for example.

The stars would need to align but it’s a possibility.

fute

Lol sorry to burst your bubble but you’re not the first one to call it. I’ve already said that if Madrid keep their current system when Mbappe arrives, then Rodrygo doesn’t get into their best team. Im pretty sure they’re usually playing a 2 pronged attack with Vinicius and Rodrygo in front of Bellingham behind.

That also works for Mbappe, he can slot into one of the false striker positions. So Madrid need to go back to playing a 433 (which changes Bellinghams role) AND play Mbappe in a position where he has gone on record of saying he doesn’t want to play (CF).

Even if they do something else, it’s hard to fit 4 attackers in a team without a system alteration. I believe they were playing Valverde vs City for balance for example.

They are also getting Endrick as well this summer.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

You and I when we sign him...

giphy.gif

They are also getting Endrick as well this summer.

@Red London and myself 10 years from now, when we do the same thing to Endrick and he joins us...

giphy.gif

Macho

Petty with dedication.
Dusted 🔻

There are very strong parallels between Pepes and Martinelli right now. A group of people are disappointed that Arteta isn’t tweaking the system to utilise his strengths and are defending the player based on what they believe he could do for us even though the performances haven’t been good enough. It’s almost an identical situation.

I understand why Arteta had no interest in making it work with Pepe, and I understand it now with Martinelli. The people who cry for Nelli but trolled Pepe need a moment of introspection.

John Krasinski Crying GIF by SAG Awards

Legit in tears rn because of this high calibre of posting, think I can log off for the day.

Hope Nelli makes it though (same way I actually don't care tbh).

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

This is exactly why I don't want Rashford lol
I think Rashford just needs a regular supply of the ball in dangerous areas which we are excellent at doing as a team. We definitely would have to look in behind more often with him here but unlike Martinelli he's still dangerous with the ball being played into feet whereas with Nelli people are essentially asking for a LB, CM and CF who will help simplify his role to getting onto the end of things.

Leao is different gravy in that regard though, probably won't have the end product of a purple patch Rashford but he's able to regularly pick the ball up in the middle third and get to the final third all by himself, just needs his teammates to get out of his way :lol:

Melquiades

The difference between Pepe and Martinelli is that Martinelli runs and competes off the ball at the level required for the modern game and Pepe did not.

I'm not a huge Martinelli fan and he showed his limitations this year but he's a player who can fit in a winning system and doesn't hurt you if he isn't scoring goals which wasn't the case with Pepe.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The difference between Pepe and Martinelli is that Martinelli runs and competes off the ball at the level required for the modern game and Pepe did not.

I'm not a huge Martinelli fan and he showed his limitations this year but he's a player who can fit in a winning system and doesn't hurt you if he isn't scoring goals which wasn't the case with Pepe.
But there is also a difference: Pepe is much better on the ball, can dribble and cut inside, and can produce magic moments Martinelli would never be able to.

If you need someone to run like a dog, I agree, Nelli is your man, but for me, we need to move on and find someone similar to Pepe rather than focusing on whether your wide forward runs a bit more

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
But there is also a difference: Pepe is much better on the ball, can dribble and cut inside, and can produce magic moments Martinelli would never be able to.

If you need someone to run like a dog, I agree, Nelli is your man, but for me, we need to move on and find someone similar to Pepe rather than focusing on whether your wide forward runs a bit more
Lol this could be just about the worst take ever.🤣

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 18

Arsenal’s primary focus is strengthening their midfield, with the club leaning towards adding #6 due to having more options for this position in the market [Gunnerblog]

Arsenal will continue to follow Benjamin Šeško’s progress and maintain a relationship with the player [Gunnerblog]

Monaco midfielder Aleksandr Golovin says he would be open to joining Arsenal: “But if you move, then only to top clubs. PSG, Manchester City, Real Madrid. I would also say Arsenal, because I have always had sympathy for this club.” [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom