<

Gabriel Martinelli: Prodígio

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by pigge, Dec 7, 2019.

1. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that. Thomas Muller will retire as one of the most decorated and accomplished footballers of his era. Martinelli doesn’t have to be a Messi to be great, he can be a Vardy, Muller or a Son type and still have a great career.

Mrs Bergkamp and truth_hurts like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Hasn't hurt Goretzka at all. Plus you have to understand a bit about physiology. Gabi is at the age now where he's naturally still filling out. Now pair that with the fact that he went from some random low division Brazilian team that respectfully probably has fairly basic fitness facilities. He also grew up quite poor so likely less access to top quality food. Now he's had over a year with what should be world class equipment and staff at the Colney as well as the best possible nutrition. Combine that with his age and all of the factors are there for him to organically put on muscle without there being any adverse effect on his pace or agility. Most kids of his age who begin training seriously are going to put on a significant amount of muscle. All of the internal and external ingredients are there. I'm not comparing ability level obviously but Mbappe has bulked up as one would expect at his age and he's only getting better and quicker.

Mrs Bergkamp, RunTheTrap and Jury like this.
  3. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Should have just called him a beep test striker and buried him altogether :lol: Come off it lad, you make him sound Heskey with a ‘score a bit more’ download. He’s got lots in his locker.

Kav, Symbia, Sanchez11 and 7 others like this.
  4. SingmeasongSong

SingmeasongSong Rarely Right

Not saying it cannot work out, but for those who have their standout trait in agility and quick feet it in fact does hurt more often than not when bulking up is overdone, which it often is.

Mbappe isn't bulked up and even Goretzka isn't THAT big, he's just very lean.
    He's never been exceltional in the very traits I talked about anyways, so for his type it's perfectly fine.

And like I said, it's actually very important for some player to exactly do that, since you need a few monsters in the team, but it's about balance.
    You need some of those and some exceptionally dynamic and agile guys.

5. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

Yeah but he's not overly bulked up. He's a growing kid. The entire NFL and sprinting worlds are comprised of extremely muscular individuals who are some of the most agile people on the planet. Gymnasts are the most agile people on the planet. Gabi is going to be fine.

6. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Hope he can come back before xmas. Our attack needs freshening up.

Sanchez11 and truth_hurts like this.
  7. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Praying he comes back strong as Arteta clearly doesn’t rate Lacazette and Eddie seems just be the guy there at the right time.

Sanchez11 likes this.
  8. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Our attack is crying out for a direct runner.

9. Token Yank

Token Yank Well-Known Member

Incredible again

10. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

I think you got the wrong Gabriel.

11. Token Yank

Token Yank Well-Known Member

Yep!! LOL my bad

12. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trilly and GDeep™ like this.
  13. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Medical updates still saying he’s expected to return to full training by the end of the year :(

We won’t see him back until January at the earliest. Real shame because we really need someone like him.

14. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

unrelated, but KSI has blood on his hands for ruining Heskey's reputation :lol:

Macho and American_Gooner like this.
  15. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Don’t even think this is a controversial post. We all saw it.

What you’re hoping is that he becomes a Brazilian Vardy type.

GDeep™ likes this.
  16. SingmeasongSong

A vardy speedster doing vardy things from 18 years of age on instead of 28-29 would be pretty damn terrific

DanDare, Malky and Trilly like this.
  17. SingmeasongSong

He'll never be a worldclass winger, he's a fox in the box as clear as it gets.

18. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Yeah exactly. I wouldn’t complain at all.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  19. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

It’s strange, because I never used to use Heskey as an example of a crap striker... It’s definitely been planted in my brain from somewhere.

krengon likes this.
  20. Malky

Malky Established Member

Would take that in a heartbeat.
    Martinelli as our Vardy with guys like Partey, Ceballos and a creative midfielder behind him would be incredible.