• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
I like him but I don't think he should be playing every game, need to learn composure that will come with time but right now he's too rash.

How can you learn composure? Imo, Minutes and confidence! Just look at Vinicius, he had the worst composure of all TOP5 best leagues and now he is smashing it, Zidane goes, Ancelotti came and then the italian said Vinicius was his starter and he will play every match, well... nowadays, Vinicius is arguably the world's best winger with one of the best finishing in the world. All Vinicius needed was continuity and someone who had trust in his game.

Look, I'm not saying that this is the correct approach to use in every situation, because there is the equifinality concept, which says you can reach the more or less the same "end result" with different paths. Still, I think it's unfair to drop Martinelli off the team after this performance against City, if that's the case (ESR as a starter) I would expect a really bad and dull performance, not one where he missed a chance, but was arguably the most alive player on the pitch.

Wryer

Still finding the balance between playing instinctively vs measured approach. Bad miss but it happens. You could tell he had the bounce today and was trying very hard to make things happen. Love the ownership.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I don't think the chance Martinelly missed was as easy as people seem to think it is. It bounced, came fast and with his weaker foot, also he lost sight of the ball for a sec since the ref blocked the vision.

I don't think most people scores a chance as described above every time, probably not even 50% of the time

FluffyDoozi

His technique and all round game has really improved a lot since last season. I like that he now picks moments when to be explosive instead of running around at 100mph all game and is also coming deeper to receive the ball and get involved in the buildup.

I wish he could play with his head up at times but I understand that he feels that he has to score in every single to keep his place from ESR. Feel that's the one thing missing from his game and will hopefully come with more experience.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

How can you learn composure? Imo, Minutes and confidence! Just look at Vinicius, he had the worst composure of all TOP5 best leagues and now he is smashing it, Zidane goes, Ancelotti came and then the italian said Vinicius was his starter and he will play every match, well... nowadays, Vinicius is arguably the world's best winger with one of the best finishing in the world. All Vinicius needed was continuity and someone who had trust in his game.

Look, I'm not saying that this is the correct approach to use in every situation, because there is the equifinality concept, which says you can reach the more or less the same "end result" with different paths. Still, I think it's unfair to drop Martinelli off the team after this performance against City, if that's the case (ESR as a starter) I would expect a really bad and dull performance, not one where he missed a chance, but was arguably the most alive player on the pitch.
Real Madrid gave Vinicius extensive minutes for 3 seasons to become what he is today. And that’s real madrid we are talking about here. They knew what Vini’s potential was and stuck with him. Look at him now.

Tom349

Alexis was a freak. I don't think Martinelli is more athletic. Martinelli looks faster, top speed is insane. Alexis was even more agile, had the same type of stamina and motor, was def stronger with better balance, both good in the air for their size.

Martinelli is 20, another 5 years in the gym and he will be a monster of an athlete.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Difference from Alexis and Martinelli is Alexis is more selfish Martinelli does look more team player him Saka and ESR are potential 25 G/A in 2 years time they already starting both ESR and Saka having 10 G/A in first half of season.

razörist

Difference from Alexis and Martinelli is Alexis is more selfish Martinelli does look more team player him Saka and ESR are potential 25 G/A in 2 years time they already starting both ESR and Saka having 10 G/A in first half of season.
Gabby needs the minutes now. Needs to play every game for the rest of the season. In the previous 2 seasons he played about 1250 PL minutes total combined. Needs to play 2000 PL minutes this season to develop and become a stable asset.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Gabby needs the minutes now. Needs to play every game for the rest of the season. In the previous 2 seasons he played about 1250 PL minutes total combined. Needs to play 2000 PL minutes this season to develop and become a stable asset.
He'll keep starting specially with auba out of team he secured his place maybe rotate with ESR but i don't think Martinelli will be dropped anytime soon

razörist

He'll keep starting specially with auba out of team he secured his place maybe rotate with ESR but i don't think Martinelli will be dropped anytime soon
God willing man makes me sick the minutes we wasted on Willian while we could have developed Gabi, ESR, Saka even more. Thats why I wont trust him, this was never his plan, look at the reason Auba is out, got nothing to do with stinking up the place on the pitch. Arteta better be awake now and see his future is tied to the development of Gabby, Saka, ESR. 3 players you can’t buy as Arsenal, you can only make them yourself.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
God willing man makes me sick the minutes we wasted on Willian while we could have developed Gabi, ESR, Saka even more. Thats why I wont trust him, this was never his plan, look at the reason Auba is out, got nothing to do with stinking up the place on the pitch. Arteta better be awake now and see his future is tied to the development of Gabby, Saka, ESR. 3 players you can’t buy as Arsenal, you can only make them yourself.
Arteta wanted auba out of the team as he was **** for ages but couldn't drop the captain.

Auba gave him the perfect excuse with his behaviour.

Everyone could see how **** auba was, Arteta and his staff aren't thick and blind.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Too many arm chair football fans here who play FIFA all day.

That wasn't easy as described clearly by @pigge earlier.

He's still very raw, but the potential is clear. One area which I really hopes he improves is his decision making, when he runs with the he's very tunnel visioned, definitely feel that off he learns to look up earlier read the play he will be able to make more of attacking situations.

razörist

Arteta wanted auba out of the team as he was **** for ages but couldn't drop the captain.

Everyone could see how **** auba was, Arteta and his staff aren't thick and blind.
I want to believe that. But you have enough reason to drop Auba without the discipline angle. + there is Xhaka, straight back in when fit, not even trying to move on from him. Further back Willian getting minutes when it was clear he was done while we had kids starved from minutes.

Can’t trust Arteta.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I want to believe that. But you have enough reason to drop Auba without the discipline angle. + there is Xhaka, straight back in when fit, not even trying to move on from him. Further back Willian getting minutes when it was clear he was done while we had kids starved from minutes.

Can’t trust Arteta.

You need to relax on Xhaka mate.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I’m just done bro. Its harsh, its soft, its unfair but its Xhaka, like always. Can’t do this anymore.

Circumstances are a bit difficult though. We tried to move him on in the summer, he wanted away, but the offers were the absolute pits. He's by far the best midfield option next to Partey when you look at our squad which isn't to say he's perfect.

I think we'll replace him in the summer and hopefully there's a bit more money for teams to offer for him.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arteta didn't need an excuse to drop Aubameyang, nobody at the club seems to question him when it comes to matters on the pitch.

That's what makes me think the repeat discipline breach and clash of personalities is probably true.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom