• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't see Martinelli as a striker in the next couple of years.

Wenger would have him out wide for a few years yet. Learn his trade out there and use his willingness to work for the side to our benefit.

He's still a kid, he's nowhere close to the finished article yet and his form is going to yo-yo at times. That's to be expected.

I think Saka has spoilt us. Very few young players produce the level of performances or consistency he does week in week out.

Martinelli and ESR are where you'd expect them to be at this stage of their development. We should be patient with them. They're real talents and will likely push on a level or two in the next couple of years.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah I honestly feel like he could be a better version of Jota in that Liverpool system.

As a player who has to make complex decisions on the pitch I’m not sure. The way we use our wide players they have to be elite footballers. It’s a testament to good Saka is that he looks half decent in this system and even he would be having a bit of a meh season if he wasn’t on penalties and corners.

Even Son has a simpler role than Gabi does and he’s world class ffs.
Saka contributes a lot to the build up, so he is always going to have an impact. I remember when y'all were saying we do everything through the left that is why Pepe was struggling, but Saka moved to the right and all of a sudden our right side is dominant. Saka is just a freak! And Saka has only taken two penalties, he'd still have 9 goals without them and would def have 10+ assists if we actually had a striker that could finish, especially one that was good in the air. I agree with you that Martinelli and even Saka playing for klopp or prime Wenger, they'd be so much better and more effective.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I honestly feel like he could be a better version of Jota in that Liverpool system.

As a player who has to make complex decisions on the pitch I’m not sure. The way we use our wide players they have to be elite footballers. It’s a testament to good Saka is that he looks half decent in this system and even he would be having a bit of a meh season if he wasn’t on penalties and corners.

Even Son has a simpler role than Gabi does and he’s world class ffs.

Better version of Jota :lol:

Put down the crack pipe lad

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don't see Martinelli as a striker in the next couple of years.

Wenger would have him out wide for a few years yet. Learn his trade out there and use his willingness to work for the side to our benefit.

He's still a kid, he's nowhere close to the finished article yet and his form is going to yo-yo at times. That's to be expected.

I think Saka has spoilt us. Very few young players produce the level of performances or consistency he does week in week out.

Martinelli and ESR are where you'd expect them to be at this stage of their development. We should be patient with them. They're real talents and will likely push on a level or two in the next couple of years.
I think we go too far at times in predicting the future believing young players will always improve. Young players can just be lazy and never do anything when they reach mid 20's, but saying that, Martnelli does look like a kid who lives for football and that alone gives me hope that he might be good later on, especially once his transition to a CF is completed as you are saying.

Atm, I don't see that with ESR even though he is one of my favorites. I look at how players like Modric and Salah look without a shirt, superfit with almost no fat on them even though they are veterans in the football world, and then you look at ESR and he can't even complete 90 minutes at the age of 20.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think we go too far at times in predicting the future believing young players will always improve. Young players can just be lazy and never do anything when they reach mid 20's, but saying that, Martnelli does look like a kid who lives for football and that alone gives me hope that he might be good later on, especially once his transition to a CF is completed as you are saying.

Atm, I don't see that with ESR even though he is one of my favorites. I look at how players like Modric and Salah look without a shirt, superfit with almost no fat on them even though they are veterans in the football world, and then you look at ESR and he can't even complete 90 minutes at the age of 20.

I hate to say it with ESR as I love him but he's the sort of guy that's going to weigh 20 stone 5 minutes after he's retired from football 😁

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
All that was missing today was the goal, seems to understand his moments better doesn't run 100mph around the pitch anymore, definitely needs a competent footballer on the left to get the best out of him, looked so much better with Tomiyasu partnering him than Tavares.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Very, very good.

Surprised he snatched at those 2 chances, especially the first one, usually pretty composed when through on goal.

MOTM for me, murdered Leeds when he was on.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He was in mood today first half he destroyed thier left hand side but he seriously need to manage his energy no wonder his legs couldn't take it any longer after 70 minutes because he always run.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
should start scoring soon. 9 game drought I think. But has been assisting for some time.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He has these sort of games at home where he cooks the opposing fullback for fun but doesn't come away with a goal or an assist. Today he picked his head up and gave a beautiful assist for Eddie's goal. I hope he starts against the Spuds on Thursday.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Anyone else think he’s a pretty mediocre player with flashes of cool stuff? I don’t want to see him as a first choice LW next season should be back up.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Anyone else think he’s a pretty mediocre player with flashes of cool stuff? I don’t want to see him as a first choice LW next season should be back up.

Definitely not a mediocre player but still very raw. He has flashes of excellence here and there, the next step in his development is to have a consistent influence on games like Saka does.

He has a similar playing style to Vini Jr at Madrid. Hopefully his development follows a similar curve. Has all the tools just needs to put it all together.

Top Bottom