• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Some people going weirdly over the top and analysing his ‘breath taking life changing prime Ronaldo’ movement for the goal. I literally make those sort of runs weekly in 5-aside.

TenseImmenseBluetickcoonhound-size_restricted.gif

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Some people going weirdly over the top and analysing his ‘breath taking life changing prime Ronaldo’ movement for the goal. I literally make those sort of runs weekly in 5-aside.
Difference is Martinelli’s hits the net while yours is lucky to only hit a few cars parked over the road.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would give him a start v Everton.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Would give him a start v Everton.
Was thinking the same, but then again, every time Arteta does that, Martinelli finds another level of piss poor performance nobody expected.
Think Auba is so useless that I wouldn't mind seeing Martinelli no matter how he plays, he can't offer less than nothing, which is exactly what Auba offers

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was thinking the same, but then again, every time Arteta does that, Martinelli finds another level of piss poor performance nobody expected.
Think Auba is so useless that I wouldn't mind seeing Martinelli no matter how he plays, he can't offer less than nothing, which is exactly what Auba offers

Auba brace v United on Thursday, relax.

Tom Mix

People talking about Martinelli replacing Auba but at the moment it's Laca we should focus on. Much as I like his attitude he will leave in the summer and we'd be crazy not to sell him in January (to Newcastle?) if we can get £15/£20 million.

So Martinelli and even Balogun might be needed more and it's time they were blooded or discarded.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Auba brace v United on Thursday, relax.
My expectations are so low that I won't be disappointed with anything from him. If he finally controls the ball with his first touch, that's already gonna be more than expected

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People talking about Martinelli replacing Auba but at the moment it's Laca we should focus on. Much as I like his attitude he will leave in the summer and we'd be crazy not to sell him in January (to Newcastle?) if we can get £15/£20 million.

So Martinelli and even Balogun might be needed more and it's time they were blooded or discarded.
Newcastle will be mad to pay 20m for a finished Laca in January when they can easily get him for free in the summer.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Newcastle will be mad to pay 20m for a finished Laca in January when they can easily get him for free in the summer.
They'll want to guarantee their PL status in January. Come summer and they would be faced with the prospect of trying to attract players from the championship.

Kav

Established Member
They'll want to guarantee their PL status in January. Come summer and they would be faced with the prospect of trying to attract players from the championship.
They paid 40m for joelington. Talk about a bad transfer. They may very well pay a decent fee if they are actually interested in Lacazette who is far superior to the players they have.

That being said some one earlier hit the nail on the head, with Lacazette leaving, Aubameyang on the decline, we do will have opportunities up front for two young players to stake a claim. Will Martinelli, Nketiah or Balogun be able to make the step up?

Of the three I think Nketiah is the most natural finisher and his little runs are excellent but he adds little to the development of the play. Balogun is the most rounded of the three but he needs some game time especially at this level or the championship. Martinelli has the best instincts and movement and the energy and work rate of the two. He can dribble okay but he’s no Silva. His finishing and heading are excellent. I think he may be the best of the three in terms of readiness to make the step ( though I think Nketiah can have a big year he looks much sharper lately).

Time will tell, we do have a good crop of youngsters coming through.

On another note, Willock played well yesterday and I was a little sad to see him doing so in Newcastle’s Kit.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Nobody is coming for Laca in january

Tom Mix

Newcastle are going down if they don't get 3/4 players in January even though they have megabucks. they may find Mbappe reluctant to move in January. If they can't get anyone better than Laca they might go for him.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nobody is coming for Laca in january
Both Chelsea and Man City invested in anyone willing to join at the beginning, so we might be able to shift a player or two in January, preferably Laca and Pepe but I'd also be willing to bin Auba if they want him

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You can’t sell a player that has 6 months left on his deal. He would laugh at your face for even bringing it up

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
You can’t sell a player that has 6 months left on his deal. He would laugh at your face for even bringing it up
99% of the time this is true, but the Newcastle situation is quite unique, in they they can potentially throw money at the problem including a signing on fee to compensate Laca... I don't see it happening though, and although getting £15m is very tempting I think ultimately it's a huge gamble for Arsenal given that a place in the Champions League or even Europa are genuinely on the line this season with the CL worth far more than we'd recoup. He's been one of our best players so to sell him at this point is a roll of the dice. It would be a big gamble for Laca as well.

Top Bottom