• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't think he is quite ready, to play upfront, in this league and in Arteta's system.

Would play him on the left v Everton, ESR at 10 and Saka on the right...probably play Laca over Auba too.

Give Pierre a chance to maybe calm his mind a bit, then hopefully he is up for Southampton at home, that's a game he could get back into form in.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Much like Pepe, he has no business being on the wing in Artetas system

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He's only what, 20 still? He's 6ft but always looked a lot less to me. That's the same height as Tavares. Thought that yesterday you could start to see him beginning to fill out his frame - maybe giving a hint of the player that he can be.

Think the Vela comparisons are pretty apt with Martinelli. We know he's got bags of danger and a whole range of finishes in his locker. He's going to be good but there's still a question about whether he'll be good enough for us ultimately. Deserves more game time than he's had though, for sure.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He made a fantastic run only for it to be completely wasted by Auba's half-arsed lazy shot.

My only criticism is that he should have released it to ESR instead of shooting on his weaker foot.

Start him at Everton!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He seems far better on the right than on the left, game looks simpler for him, just needs to use his pace and beat people on the outside. He also has a great delivery so should put plenty on a plate for our striker to miss, not to mention his movement will get him goals as he showed in the Newcastle game.

Could have a Selecao Dan James on our hands people. 🔥

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
He needs to be used as a final action player than a ‘get the ball to him player’. His best work is done off the ball. Runs into trouble when he has the ball for too long. Tomiyasu is so useless in attack that whoever is on the right keeps getting doubled up. Overall, a good performance from Martinelli.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I really don't think his position going forward is ST he look quite comfortable as winger also he seem love playing there he has pace very strong and can cut inside.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Feel like Ødegaard-Martinelli is a better combo than Ødegaard-Aubameyang. If Auba has to play, he has to play with Lacazette I reckon.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
I don't think he will play that good in the Auba position.
Maybe still better than Auba, but not similar like yesterday.

He is challenging with Saka and Smith Rowe. His runs were so good yesterday.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That run he made in the second half to set up Auba was pure joy.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Don't think he is quite ready, to play upfront, in this league and in Arteta's system.

Would play him on the left v Everton, ESR at 10 and Saka on the right...probably play Laca over Auba too.

Give Pierre a chance to maybe calm his mind a bit, then hopefully he is up for Southampton at home, that's a game he could get back into form in.
Pierre needs a kick up the derriere .

Bench him for the next few games . Let's see what others not named auba and laca can do.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Pierre needs a kick up the derriere .

Bench him for the next few games . Let's see what others not named auba and laca can do.

Agree with Auba, to a degree.

But feel Laca has done quite well this season, especially with what Arteta is asking him to do.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Agree with Auba, to a degree.

But feel Laca has done quite well this season, especially with what Arteta is asking him to do.
We need goals though. Laca is even more unreliable at that. I get the hold /link up that he brings at times but it really does not mean anything. He goes missing as well when it matters.

At least auba was scoring 20 plus when he first arrived and was a huge factor in the cup.

Laca been done with him for seasons now, I need more then hard work from him. Need some sort of goal scoring run in all honesty

Latest posts+

Top Bottom