• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just got to hope he stays relatively injury free from now on, as he looks back to his best.

So many quality young players, with bags of potential...must be making Arsène proud!

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
My fav. player because you can truly see he gives it his all and wants to win no matter what. Ill always love him because of his goal against Chelsea - that celebration alone made him a hero lol

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
He's so bloody quick, it's a thing of beauty when he accelerates past his man. Seems to have pretty good close control and a few tricks as well. Come on Gabby, entertain us - Bang some more goals!

CF is properly there for the taking if he performs

Symbia

Among our players he is the one with beasty signature stamped all over him.
He will be a menace when he starts accelerating quickly to the box, this will give him more freedom and a bit of back down from the defence who will be a bit scared of pen.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Among our players he is the one with beasty signature stamped all over him.
He will be a menace when he starts accelerating quickly to the box, this will give him more freedom and a bit of back down from the defence who will be a bit scared of pen.
This is the key with him. We’ve all commented on here about this squad’s lack of fire/guts/pAsHUn and this kid absolutely has it. Can’t get enough of his attitude and his talent.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

This really could be the season where he becomes a starter for us, everything is starting to open up for him.

Our attacking 5 could end up being...Gabby, Saka, ESR, Ødegaard and Lokonga, that's very exciting for an Arsenal fan...many quality young players, with so much potential.

Symbia

This really could be the season where he becomes a starter for us, everything is starting to open up for him.

Our attacking 5 could end up being...Gabby, Saka, ESR, Ødegaard and Lokonga, that's very exciting for an Arsenal fan...many quality young players, with so much potential.
I wish to be as enthusiastic as you are to see what is exciting about Lokonga.
Whenever I watch our team with him in it he is always targeted by the opposition players and tend to lose most of the balls in dangerous places.

Henry boi

Lokonga is no where nea
I use to think this but for now, I am no longer very convinced.
Xhaka is much a better passer hence more suited for deep laying role.
Lokonga is nowhere near his prime and does most things better than xhaka, if you care to remember the good things sambi does than you would recall plenty of times he's delivered Unreal passes that we don't often see from xhaka

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Showing the signs of the player we saw breakthrough under Emery. Having him highest up the pitch really helps his game.

Symbia

Lokonga is no where nea
Lokonga is nowhere near his prime and does most things better than xhaka, if you care to remember the good things sambi does than you would recall plenty of times he's delivered Unreal passes that we don't often see from xhaka
I do not think it makes sense comparing Xhaka's passing ability with Sambi, Xhaka is much a better passer.

The issue with Sambi is that most teams are targeting him and he hasn't figure out how to go with being closed down. We have conceded a few goals through this.

Granted he is still young and very far from being in his prime but comparing him with Xhaka now makes zero sense. Tactically, Xhaka is country miles above him, positioning Xhaka is much better and duels is not even a gap.

I am wondering what every other thing he does better than Xhaka apart from maybe dropping shoulders and more agility.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Looks a different player. Off field and behind the scenes work clearly paying off. Looks calmer, more intelligent with his runs and pressing. Exciting if this continues.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom