• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Still feel he's much better outwide than as a striker right now, especially under Arteta....was very good last night.

Glad he is playing week in and week out now.

We have to remember that Martinelli and Saka are playing with Laca and Ødegaard in the other attacking positions, which is just not good enough. Hopefully, we can find the right profiles to compliment them in the future!

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
This is the problem with Arsenal fans we get excited over pointless sh*t. He literally lost the ball and you lot are celebrating lmao.

This is like waxing lyrical over losing to City, I just want my club to have higher standards man.

If their DM was Lokonga, he would've scored from there. Lokonga wouldn't be seen in the image to start with. Fabinho just has elite positioning and antecipation. Also nobody is better than Van Dijk in reading forwards (maybe only Thiago Silva can compare) and he was tricked there. Potential is there for Martinelli, but he was too isolated yesterday.

The battle was lost in the midfield with Lokonga with none spacial awareness and ESR that also looked lost and off-the-pace. Partey-Xhaka determine the ceiling of this team, unfortunately. Lokonga and Elneny are just too bad.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If their DM was Lokonga, he would've scored from there. Lokonga wouldn't be seen in the image to start with. Fabinho just has elite positioning and antecipation. Also nobody is better than Van Dijk in reading forwards (maybe only Thiago Silva can compare) and he was tricked there. Potential is there for Martinelli, but he was too isolated yesterday.

The battle was lost in the midfield with Lokonga with none spacial awareness and ESR that also looked lost and off-the-pace. Partey-Xhaka determine the ceiling of this team, unfortunately. Lokonga and Elneny are just too bad.
I’m just saying we get excited over pointless sh*t and it’s so small time. Not sure what your point is tbh.

Kysus

With his talent and attitude Martinelli is gonna be a "Top10 player in the world" superstar.
We hit the jackpot.

Kav

Established Member
This is the problem with Arsenal fans we get excited over pointless sh*t. He literally lost the ball and you lot are celebrating lmao.

This is like waxing lyrical over losing to City, I just want my club to have higher standards man.
Nah man watch the entire play he received the ball shifted it and sent Van Dijk the wrong way. Fabinho made a great last ditch tackle. Sometimes you have to give props to the opponents play.

I hate to admit it but Jota was roasting White yesterday.

BigPoppaPump

Nah man watch the entire play he received the ball shifted it and sent Van Dijk the wrong way. Fabinho made a great last ditch tackle. Sometimes you have to give props to the opponents play.

I hate to admit it but Jota was roasting White yesterday.
I mean that’s literally what’s being shown in the video. Our player beat one guy and got tackled for the ball and we’re highlighting it lol. Such a weird fanbase.

Tbf though if that was Xhaka or Gabriel we’d probably have given away a red card lol.

Kav

Established Member
I mean that’s literally what’s being shown in the video. Our player beat one guy and got tackled for the ball and we’re highlighting it lol. Such a weird fanbase.

Tbf though if that was Xhaka or Gabriel we’d probably have given away a red card lol.
you said he lost the ball! :lol:

I'm not one to overhype young players but i do get the feeling with him that he will be a good player in the future. The same with Saka and Ødegaard. I don't get that with ESR or Ramsdale though. I would love to be proven wrong about them.

BigPoppaPump

you said he lost the ball! :lol:

I'm not one to overhype young players but i do get the feeling with him that he will be a good player in the future. The same with Saka and Ødegaard. I don't get that with ESR or Ramsdale though. I would love to be proven wrong about them.
When I say he lost the ball I mean he got tackled, he still lost the ball.

I’m kind of done with potential tbh, we’ve had 15 years of youth projects and people telling us how good these guys will be in the future just for them to end up like Wilshere or Bellerin. Need more Özil and Alexis type signings, we didn’t start winning trophies until we signed old established players.

Kav

Established Member
When I say he lost the ball I mean he got tackled, he still lost the ball.

I’m kind of done with potential tbh, we’ve had 15 years of youth projects and people telling us how good these guys will be in the future just for them to end up like Wilshere or Bellerin. Need more Özil and Alexis type signings, we didn’t start winning trophies until we signed old established players.
We need a few players with an ice cold mentality. Too many people are at the club who are just lucky to be at the club. Arteta says he wants to sign players who don't need convincing but thats just an admission of his own weak position because any player worth anything would need convincing to join any club.

We need to be realistic, arsenal is not some wonderful club players are lining up to join. The best ones want to win and we need to show them that we can win things. Otherwise we will always be in this development cycle, the best we can do is unearth some good gems at the same time and compliment them with experienced players.

Henry boi

He did not lose the ball it was a good tacl

[/QUOTtE]
He did not lose the ball it was a good tackle that took it away from him

Henry boi

He did not lose the ball it was a good tacl
We have to remember that Martinelli and Saka are playing with Laca and Ødegaard in the other attacking positions, which is just not good enough. Hopefully, we can find the right profiles to compliment them in the future!
You hate for Ødegaard is crazy he is better than all the players you twerk for especially ESR. It's crazy coming after someone who actually makes a difference absurd

CountChocula

+1 to this. If we miss out on top 4 by a few points it'll down to not having cover at CM for Xhaka/Partey. We're lucky the recent losses have all come from cup games. Hope Ødegaard/Lokonga can hold down the fort vs. Burnley tomorrow

A_M Iniesta

Gabriel, we believe in you , in this 17 game run go on a tear and be the match winner we know you are, do your part in getting us top 4 , the opportunity and space is there for you to shine.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If Nketiah doesn't perform well, and also doesn't sign a contract, then I hope Arteta remembers what he has said.

I have this hope because they didn't sign a striker. It would be very logical to have Martinelli as a striker backup, because we have ESR who is starting quality too as LW.

Even then we have Pepe who can come from the bench. I rather play Martinelli than Pepe as a striker, especially because Martinelli has been so good recently.

[Aubameyang and Martinelli] are centre forwards but with the squad balance that we have at the moment, to play on those positions on the left we don’t have five players,” Arteta said, as quoted by the Metro.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom