• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Buhry

Established Member

He's been poor since the world cup. Struggles against the low blocks since he needs more space, not as technical as say martin or saka in those tight spaces. Also his corners are annoying me, they've been poor. We know he can be good though but I think some competition and rest is needed for him, trossard looked slick when he came on.

Bummed we didn't get Mudryk, think it was clear we weren't looking to spend 90 million euros on a backup player. Oh well. Let's hope Mikel can get martinelli back on track.

africe

Not a great performance from him, think his confidence isn't there at the moment and it's affecting his decision making, having him dwell on the ball for longer than he needs to. Especially in the first half there were moments when he had AWB isolated at the edge of the box and then just didn't seem to know what he wanted to do for ages, whereas at the start of the season he would have gone right at him without thinking much.

Not worried about him at all though, guy's 21 and a huge part of our best first half to a season ever, he'll come back to form eventually. Trossard looking quality will also help ride the dip in form out without affecting our results too much.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Really poor form and was the worst player in the first half but felt he was good in the second half

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Nowhere near his best of late, but he was up against a difficult 1v1 opponent in Wan-Bisaka.

Glad we’ve got reinforcements as him and Saka could do with a breather at some point.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Anyone reckon he is missing Jesus? Or just young player stuff?

Wonder if all the transfer business for his position effected him too (he doesn't seem like the type just saying).

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Martinelli had a stinker. Wan Bissaka can’t mark on the back post worth a sh.t but he had my boy in his pocket like he usually does. Martinelli is still young. He still needs to improve his passing and work on an issue that Saka has where he cuts in too much and destroys the natural width of the team. You are still a winger cut it back from end line.

The kid is still young, he has loads of talent but against a strong athletic defender and tackler and low block he struggles because he lacks experience. He cuts inside too often and is too predictable. He needs to not go hero ball all the time and fulfill his tole as winger to maintain width and not vlog up the middle with bodies and defenders

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
So while I'm reading on the Man Utd forum that AWB was getting run ragged, on here I'm reading that Martinelli had a stinker. I'm not sure both can be true.

I'm also reading that Martinelli has to be dropped. The same guy who scored a crucial world class finish against West Ham to put us 2-1 up, made 3 goal contributions away at Brighton and has looked excellent in the first half of the season. He worked his arse off against Sp**s, Newcastle and Man United even when below his usual form...now needs to be dropped?

Angry Respect GIF by MolaTV

Latest posts+

Top Bottom