• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I wonder why that is.
Because there are worrying aspects of his game which might not necessarily improve with age as everyone assumes.

That’s all really. It goes beyond bad form and is nothing to do with needing a player in the first XI to bash. :lol:

Now that he’s on ~200kpw he has to develop because nobody is matching those wages if he doesn’t work out.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Saka is top 3 in the world in his position (in my opinion), that’s the going rate.
300k isn't the going rate. The likes of Vinicius, if reports are to be believed, is on €200k a week.

The likes of Mahrez, Foden and Co are under 200k. And that's when they were playing at their peak. Fodens fell of a cliff this season.

For Saka 200k is about right with a review in a couple of years. Some wingers at stupid clubs may get 300k but just because **** Sancho gets it doesn't mean that's the going rate.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don't know why we extended him to be honest. I like him as a player but he's still 21 and not the finished article. We had him potentially under contract until 2026 so why give him £180k a week now? Leave it for another season and see how he gets on.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't know why we extended him to be honest. I like him as a player but he's still 21 and not the finished article. We had him potentially under contract until 2026 so why give him £180k a week now? Leave it for another season and see how he gets on.
Strike while the irons hot.

This time next season we could be 5th in the league. Then you have to pay even more to get guys like Martinelli, Saka and Saliba to sign.

Football can change quickly as we have seen this year. If these guys want to sign and extend you do it.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Using that 2 year option very likely would have increased his wages anyway.

If they don't extend early it's complained about and when they do, it's also complained about. Can't win.

Extending Martinelli will also give more trust to Saka and Martinelli about the squad and it's level for the coming years.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Using that 2 year option very likely would have increased his wages anyway.

If they don't extend early it's complained about and when rhey do, it's also complained about. Can't win.

It wouldn't have doubled his wages. All I'm saying is we could've waited another year before giving him £180k a week. There was no panic situation like with Saka and Saliba.

They were just going to pay €100m for someone in his position so they can't be convinced he's the guy to hold down that position but he's being paid like he will.

I actually thought we needed to get him signed up but that was before I read about the option to keep him here until 2026. I don't get the rush.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It wouldn't have doubled his wages. All I'm saying is we could've waited another year before giving him £180k a week. There was no panic situation like with Saka and Saliba.

They were just going to pay €100m for someone in his position so they can't be convinced he's the guy to hold down that position but he's being paid like he will.

I actually thought we needed to get him signed up but that was before I read about the option to keep him here until 2026. I don't get the rush.
Yeah not sure why we renewed either considering we just signed Trossard and might be looking at another top top forward in summer. The two year club option seems to make the most sense but Edu 🤷🏾‍♂️

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

No idea why anyone is complaining about this; some people are never satisfied.

We’ve been excellent in nurturing and signing young talent in a range of positions - the alternative is to pay huge transfer fees plus the same wages or more, to bring similar talent in. That’s Chelsea’s game as they view young talent as nothing more than a commodity to offset Boehly Ball, because they’re mad, obnoxious, cheating cnuts…

People can pick at elements of Gabi’s or other players games if they want - we need to leverage the excellent position we’ve achieved and push on with a mixture of the same again, tying down the talent and select high level signings, where reasonably possible.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's also about giving him what he deserves being a starter at league leaders and having a great season overall. He can now focus only on football.

Mudryk would have come to compete with others.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
If you’re a proven top class PL player that’s the going rate. Think Pep said before the most important way a club can spend money is tying down your top players, so you have to pay then the going rate.

That being said if Gabi is 180k pw (deserved) then Saka should be looking at least 250k.
Harry kane on 200k? It depends on the team. We can't pay all our players 300k

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
£180k seems about fair given the inflated wages in this day and age, what he's shown so far and his potential.

I expect Saliba will get a similar amount if he signs on. Saka probably around £200k, maybe a bit more.

None of these guys are being paid £300k at this stage of their careers though. Martinelli and Saliba are far from the proven, finished player. Saka's not either tbh.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

I think getting him under a long term contract is good news. My problem is that we've only extended his deal by 1 year. Considering he's getting much more money, we probably could have got him on 5 1/2 year deal at least. The wage of 180k is relatively low though

Saka and Saliba are only 18months to run which is scary

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think getting him under a long term contract is good news. My problem is that we've only extended his deal by 1 year. Considering he's getting much more money, we probably could have got him on 5 1/2 year deal at least. The wage of 180k is relatively low though

Saka and Saliba are only 18months to run which is scary
Saka is 10000% signing. It's just a matter of time.

I think Saliba signs too if the conditions are right.

No young player around 20-21 doesn't extend here, if we finish in the top 2. CL football and playing every week and earning a fortune. Play this contract right and then if they have ambitions elsewhere in 2 or 3 years they can move on.

Where is better than Arsenal right now? City if they win the league and go big again on the likes of Bellingham?

The PL is where it is at. You don't move from a top team in the PL to any other league at the moment until the 2 Spanish teams sort their **** out and La Liga in general. Psg? Bayern? Milan? Not as attractive as a top 2 or 3 team in the PL for a young player in my opinion.

Top Bottom