• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
It’s funny how this place makes excuses for certain players but when you try to rationalise why the set-up isn’t helping others you get laughed off the forum.
AM in a nutshell lol.

If player I like plays **** = team/weather/pitch is at fault (pre-Arteta: manager is at fault)
If player I hate plays **** = player deserves public lynching

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Left wing back usually, played both wings too though Tudor often switches formations.

If we sell Tierney in the summer think back up LB is his route back into the squad initially.

He’s got so much potential though. He is what I meant when I said Bellerin was the next Bale.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It’s funny how this place makes excuses for certain players but when you try to rationalise why the set-up isn’t helping others you get laughed off the forum.

He was so sh*t I felt bad for him for like, 5 mins but then I read this forum and realise he will be fine.

Martinelli's struggles on the wing are nothing new or unique to him but it is what it is, next week he can go again. I wouldn't over analyse anybody off the back of that particular game.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Can’t believe how many likes that tweet from the tweet merchant got. Pushing up to isolate the fullback doesn’t mean running into blind alleys everytime you get the ball, even the commentator noticed it, it was that bad.
I’ve been calling that part of his game out since last season you poomplex. I said if he was playing well that tactical approach would’ve worked, but since he’s in poor form it accentuates his flaws.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If we sell Tierney in the summer think back up LB is his route back into the squad initially.

He’s got so much potential though. He is what I meant when I said Bellerin was the next Bale.
Literally.

Guy has the pace of a sprinter but then backs it up with stamina too. Dribbles like a winger and has good shooting off either foot because why not?

He’s like one of those fifa ultimate team cards where they just give players random stats. :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Literally.

Guy has the pace of a sprinter but then backs it up with stamina too. Dribbles like a winger and has good shooting off either foot because why not?

He’s like one of those fifa ultimate team cards where they just give players random stats. :lol:

Ben Yedder on FIFA is like a Messi/Ronaldo combo :lol:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I’ve been calling that part of his game out since last season you poomplex. I said if he was playing well that tactical approach would’ve worked, but since he’s in poor form it accentuates his flaws.
Didn’t see myself getting called a poomplex on A-M in 2023.

Gonna go to the gym and think about my life decisions. :lol:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly I think it takes A-M like a year or more to notice these things. Same thing happened with KT as a few on here noticed how limited his whole game was. Likewise with ESR and his ceiling as a player - 40M was good value for him considering his injuries and talent.

You just have to let these things marinate.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Can’t believe how many likes that tweet from the tweet merchant got.
Pushing up to isolate the fullback doesn’t mean running into blind alleys everytime you get the ball, even the commentator noticed it, it was that bad.

But yeah it’s fine I guess, that’s exactly what Arteta wants from our LW. 😵‍💫

@A__G

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

@Trilly I think it takes A-M like a year or more to notice these things. Same thing happened with KT as a few on here noticed how limited his whole game was. Likewise with ESR and his ceiling as a player - 40M was good value for him considering his injuries and talent.

You just have to let these things marinate.
Literally.

I remember when me and @Rex Bezos called out Saka’s finishing like two years ago and got attacked for it. :lol:

Now he looks to have improved it and it’s not like we’ve picked another reason to keep going at him.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He’s still a useful player but this touchline hugging winger role isn’t for him. Needs to be running in behind and getting on the end of things.

🎯

This is it. He’s gotta focus his game a lot more on getting in behind. Like Pedro for Barcelona. He’s hurting us a bit in attack with his head down and dribble style.

We look more potent when he focussed more on his off the ball stuff. Uncle Mikel has mentioned it now he needs to drive it home.

Bergkamp120

They doubled up on Martinelli and he was isolated quite a lot. Trossard did no better. Dyche is a good manager.
Exactly this. Some decent discussion of this here as well:

"The issue here is that Xhaka is not our left sided Ødegaard. Ødegaard drifts better and links up well with Saka. White can overlap, meaning the 3 of them can overload the LB (and let’s be honest, the defending LW) on the opponents side, giving them a tactical advantage.
Martinelli has Zinchenko, an inverted wing back who comes in centrally behind him, with Xhaka more of a box to box enforcer, who often comes deep to collect the ball. Martinelli and Trossard are tactically isolated against the opponents RB (and again, let’s be honest, the defending RW). Martinelli has to stay wide to stretch the back line.
For all the harsh criticisms he is getting from our fans about his **** post WC numbers, it’s actually not that bad.
Before the World Cup, he played 20 games and nabbed 5 goals and 2 assist, giving a GA per game of 0.35.
Since the World Cup, he has played 8 games, scoring 2 goals and 1 assist, with a GA per game of 0.38.
So he is actually contributing more than before the World Cup."

"Good visual, been talking to a friend about this for weeks, zinny inverting allows the overload on sakas side and gabby tends to be isolated down the left and expected to run at defenders however Eddie plays a little too central to take any players away and gabby then just takes the cut back in to xhaka. Sometimes I think he just needs tierney on running an overlap"

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

🎯

This is it. He’s gotta focus his game a lot more on getting in behind. Like Pedro for Barcelona. He’s hurting us a bit in attack with his head down and dribble style.

We look more potent when he focussed more on his off the ball stuff. Uncle Mikel has mentioned it now he needs to drive it home.
What I wonder is what Mikel actually wants from his LW? I’m sure he knows he’s not playing to Gabi’s strengths atm.

Is he trying to turn him into that player or is Gabi keeping a future signings seat warm?

Top Bottom