• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Gabby is getting a lot of stick, and it’s ok to critique him. But let’s not pretend the kid is trash, far from it.

Yes you have to pay proper wages to keep him. We have a new structure, we can afford to do the deal and Gabby will only get better.

Tbh there's an element of Saka making him look worse than he is too :lol:

Saka would do that to 95% of wide men in world football though.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
No on is saying that?

Perhaps trash is not the word then. Undeserving of his place in the side, overrated perhaps? I've seen such arguments being suggested.

But my point is not that, the point is the kid has a lot to give and deserves the new deal.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He's not, people are discussing his current form and bar maybe a few, most are just memeing.

If you're going to be one of the most well paid wingers in the league tho..... But that's a conversation we should wait until the end of the season to have.
Maybe even end of next season. I think that’s more than fair.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Busted me for what?

I said Rex and I called out his finishing problems a good year before the majority of the forum did?

There are multiple posts where I’ve said he has good shooting technique but poor finishing and that he just needs to get more reps in.

I’m not sure where being right or wrong comes into it?
Okay, that's good to hear, it sounded different when you said it. Well finishing problems were there for anyone to see. I assume it was still similarly a mental thing as it was more reps. With young players that can happen easily, we all saw how tough it got for Partey to get a good kick even though he has more age.

He also has okay shooting technique for a midfielder, but the pressure got too high for him and it was totally ridiculous at one point, shooting like worse than I would. Even Rashford had a huge dip in his goal scoring for a long time. So a young player maturing can have this mental pressure when shooting.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Time for few games to sit on bench he look frustrated and isolated most of times teams not allow him to go 1V1 because that'll be problem so him and coaching staff need to came up with new solutions

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I know there has been a lot of noise of Jesus’s absence but I feel like we have a problem with symmetry. It used to be our right hand sucked because the quality wasn’t there (Willian, Cellabos and Bellerin) so everything good came down the right. Now the opposite is happening. Zinchenko, Xhaka and Martinelli were poor. The right side was okay but not great.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He's on a bit of a low but and what he needs is someone to tell him to keep going and to try and mix his game up. Get Freddie in his ear.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He has no burst at all. I really think that as much as he obviously is not making good decisions and is clearly missing Jesus bringing him into play, he's also just tired. The one thing he could always do reliably well is skin someone for pace. He can't even do that right now and we have to remember that his first couple of seasons were very short in terms of actual overall gametime because he was a sub a lot, had that injury and wasn't a regular starter. He only became a regular starter in the 2nd half of last season and this is the most football he has ever played in his life. It's not uncommon at all for players his age to hit a physical wall at their first extended exposure to heavy minutes and I think it's exacerbated by how depending he is on that extra gear that seems missing to be at his best. The same thing happened to Saka the season before last. It's normal and Arteta is not doing him any favors by continuing to start him rather than letting him have a rest and regroup.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He has no burst at all. I really think that as much as he obviously is not making good decisions and is clearly missing Jesus bringing him into play, he's also just tired. The one thing he could always do reliably well is skin someone for pace. He can't even do that right now and we have to remember that his first couple of seasons were very short in terms of actual overall gametime because he was a sub a lot, had that injury and wasn't a regular starter. He only became a regular starter in the 2nd half of last season and this is the most football he has ever played in his life. It's not uncommon at all for players his age to hit a physical wall at their first extended exposure to heavy minutes and I think it's exacerbated by how depending he is on that extra gear that seems missing to be at his best. The same thing happened to Saka the season before last. It's normal and Arteta is not doing him any favors by continuing to start him rather than letting him have a rest and regroup.

the-wolf-of-wall-street-clap.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
hZyQp4AnFy-4.png

Stef-Wil

Nelli isn't in his best form atm but I wouldn't drop him, not yet. He's performed really well v City in recent games. I imagine Pep would feel relieved if we dropped him on Wednesday. I like Trossard but he's not very quick. Pace is needed against City's high line.

Legend14

Established Member
He’s a fast direct winger. He does t have the close control or trick to beat 2 players who are tight on him

Needs to make decisions prior to the double team forming. Make your 1v1 move faster (See Trossard). If they are bringing a double team who is then becoming open? Play it faster instead of waiting for the trouble. Manager should be instructing him before the match.

He is still a huge talent that may need to come in for the final 20 minutes for a few matches to change it up a bit.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom