• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I hear you but there's no point injuring someone who might be out starting midfielder in a few weeks
You can't think like that as a player. He didn't care about injuring someone who might be his teammate in a few weeks. You don't send the message to anyone that you can be bullied and our players did that. Every team will be thinking with a weak referee, they can put in awful tackles and have no fear of reprisal. Someone on our team had to at least let him know they were there and he had one of the cleanest shirts on the pitch when it was done. That's disappointing.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Fair play to Martinelli, but Batman has a point.... and the behaviour of Arsenal players on the pitch and the many Arsenal fans is just part of what Arsenal collapsed. Hope Martinelli will be back better and more prudent in the duels and Caicedo don't play revenge because Karma is waiting for him.

Btw, in this season, this "unidimensional" player with more defensive duties, no overlaps, had more non-penalty goals, big chances created and dribbles completed than Saka and he is just starting (guarantee Saka was burned and will be better next season too). I can see Ødegaard being as good or even better than him, but it is a toss up.

My rating for them till now.

First part of the season (until the World Cup) - Mid Season - Title run

Martinelli 8 - 6 - 9 = 7.67 out of 10
Jesus 8.5 - N - 6.5 = 7.5 out of 10
Ødegaard 7.75 - 7.75 - 7.75 = 7.75 out of 10
Saka 7.5 - 7.5 - 5 = 6.66 out of 10
Nketiah N - 6 - N = 6 out of 10

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
You can't think like that as a player. He didn't care about injuring someone who might be his teammate in a few weeks. You don't send the message to anyone that you can be bullied and our players did that. Every team will be thinking with a weak referee, they can put in awful tackles and have no fear of reprisal. Someone on our team had to at least let him know they were there and he had one of the cleanest shirts on the pitch when it was done. That's disappointing.
Fair points and I wonder then where the leadership comes from in that case. From Caicedo's point of view, he's had a great audition-nobody is messing with him. Sadly, some of our players pick the wrong battles at the wrong time....

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Fair points and I wonder then where the leadership comes from in that case. From Caicedo's point of view, he's had a great audition-nobody is messing with him. Sadly, some of our players pick the wrong battles at the wrong time....
That's the thing. Both he and Rice seem to want to join and they showed it by being physical and nasty at times. It's disappointing that players who may well need to compete with them to keep their position didn't feel they wanted to stand up to that and defend the badge with vigor. It explains these dropped points of late a lot.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
That's the thing. Both he and Rice seem to want to join and they showed it by being physical and nasty at times. It's disappointing that players who may well need to compete with them to keep their position didn't feel they wanted to stand up to that and defend the badge with vigor. It explains these dropped points of late a lot.
That's been an issue before this season but it's a debate that won't be allowed. We have a lot of false leaders. Too late now :(

HaffBR

Btw, I would feel OK if Martinelli being out for some months (hope it is just weeks, but can be more depends on the gravity) and Arsenal buys Caicedo, and he feeling betrayed for the club go for a transfer request (I'm pretty sure Arsenal reaching 90 million figure to Mudryk in the winter was already a blow for him - a player with the same profile than him in the same position and that figure)... so that will be two in less than a season.

I'm pretty sure Newcastle will move Isak to CF at any point, Liverpool will check him as well... and people doesn't want to remember but Chelsea was behind Martinelli in the early of the season (Barcelona I doubt the rumour since they are broken) as well before changing the goal to Mudryk after Martinelli new contract.
Bayern (Sané and Mané are in the list to leave), PSG, Juventus and Inter eventually can pay the money too - which with a transfer request will be smaller than people think.

Hope, it is a minor injury and he doesn't go this route though, but I could understand that if it is the case bc he would have reasons to do so.

Last edited:

Black Noir

How did he not win player of the month for April ? Only decent player in April. Ødegaard scored most of his goals in may. I would maintain Martinelli being productive has a lot to do with the profile of Jesus . Trossard playing centre forward instead of Nketiah helped Martinelli as well . If you account , when Nketiah started playing, Martinelli's goals desiccated up and fundamental stats plunge as Nketiah he is a to a great extent static box player when contrast to Jesus. Trossard solved that though.Martinelli's fundamental figure dropped and extent with Nketiah who monopolised , gobbled all the space . Jesus or even Trossard has helped up those numbers again. There's a reason Martinelli's drop in form happen at the same time with Nketiah's run of games. Nketiah doesn't dominate the wide channel like to help Martinelli plus is also a a limited player like Nketiah at centre forwards like Trossard/Jesus that he can move round with into the inside/centre channels to take the role best.

HaffBR

I think Martinelli needs to put the transfer request if Arsenal is still pushing for Caicedo after all. Martinelli is probably out for ~3 months (that as a reasonable time for and moderate ligament injury on a ankle) and will probably miss the preseason bc of a clearly revenge tackle and the team you are work for still is pushing for that player, in my view thats a clearly betrayal behaviour of a organization you work for.
Arsenal are still likely to get £50m for him if he puts a transfer request, which means he'll give value back to the team - as Arsenal paid 6m for him... I am also pretty sure certain part of Arsenal's fanbase will very happy with it.

HaffBR

How did he not win player of the month for April ? Only decent player in April. Ødegaard scored most of his goals in may. I would maintain Martinelli being productive has a lot to do with the profile of Jesus . Trossard playing centre forward instead of Nketiah helped Martinelli as well . If you account , when Nketiah started playing, Martinelli's goals desiccated up and fundamental stats plunge as Nketiah he is a to a great extent static box player when contrast to Jesus. Trossard solved that though.Martinelli's fundamental figure dropped and extent with Nketiah who monopolised , gobbled all the space . Jesus or even Trossard has helped up those numbers again. There's a reason Martinelli's drop in form happen at the same time with Nketiah's run of games. Nketiah doesn't dominate the wide channel like to help Martinelli plus is also a a limited player like Nketiah at centre forwards like Trossard/Jesus that he can move round with into the inside/centre channels to take the role best.

It is not only Jesus or Trossard or Nketiah... Xhaka is nonwhere as creative or associative as Ødegaard and Zinchenko almost never overlaps so he has zero players to combine properly in the last third of the pitch. Jesus/Trossard is kind of a compensation for it.

blaze_of_glory

Missing him immediately. Trossard and Jesus can't really play together I don't think. Too similar in what they try to do.

blaze_of_glory

I think Martinelli needs to put the transfer request if Arsenal is still pushing for Caicedo after all. Martinelli is probably out for ~3 months (that as a reasonable time for and moderate ligament injury on a ankle) and will probably miss the preseason bc of a clearly revenge tackle and the team you are work for still is pushing for that player, in my view thats a clearly betrayal behaviour of a organization you work for.
Arsenal are still likely to get £50m for him if he puts a transfer request, which means he'll give value back to the team - as Arsenal paid 6m for him... I am also pretty sure certain part of Arsenal's fanbase will very happy with it.
xeikkxa5xg0b1.jpg

Don't think he's that mad about it

HaffBR

xeikkxa5xg0b1.jpg

Don't think he's that mad about it

There's a difference between "forgetting" this unfortunate play and Arsenal actively seeking out the player who injured you to play for your team, in fact a form of reward for that nastiness. There is a very big difference. I wouldn't be disappointed with Caicedo, I would be with Arsenal.

I would consider Arsenal's behavious as a betrayal for sure and I would also question the intelligence of Arsenal's board as well - How can Caicedo's "audition" be happy or intelligent injuring a future teammate who is both a starter and the best scorer of your future team and who now will probably not return in great conditions until October and leaves your future team with reduced options until then?

Caicedo was stupid tackling him from behind for a revenge (and dirty) and Arsenal will give a very clear sign of betrayal if they still go after him after this idiocy. I was for Caicedo (not without doubts), but can't go behind him now nor Martinelli should imo.
If Arsenal uses the word ruthless in every sentence, I think Martinelli should be ruthless about not accepting this from the organization he works for. Everyones know, btw, that Arsenal was ruthless trying to get Mudryk in the winter to replace him btw. Martinelli should be professional, but intelligent more than anything.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
There's a difference between "forgetting" this unfortunate play and Arsenal actively seeking out the player who injured you to play for your team, in fact a form of reward for that nastiness. There is a very big difference. I wouldn't be disappointed with Caicedo, I would be with Arsenal.

I would consider Arsenal's behavious as a betrayal for sure and I would also question the intelligence of Arsenal's board as well - How can Caicedo's "audition" be happy or intelligent injuring a future teammate who is both a starter and the best scorer of your future team and who now will probably not return in great conditions until October and leaves your future team with reduced options until then?

Caicedo was stupid tackling him from behind for a revenge (and dirty) and Arsenal will give a very clear sign of betrayal if they still go after him after this idiocy. I was for Caicedo (not without doubts), but can't go behind him now.
Biggest load of ****e I've ever read on this forum 👏👏👏

HaffBR

Biggest load of ****e I've ever read on this forum 👏👏👏

Coming from who you, I'm on the right track then. I will talk about truth more and more from now... and **** Caicedo's asslickers in this forum btw - tiny little *****es.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Caicedo was stupid tackling him from behind for a revenge (and dirty) and Arsenal will give a very clear sign of betrayal if they still go after him after this idiocy. I was for Caicedo (not without doubts), but can't go behind him now nor Martinelli should imo.
If Arsenal uses the word ruthless in every sentence, I think Martinelli should be ruthless about not accepting this from the organization he works for. Everyones know, btw, that Arsenal was ruthless trying to get Mudryk in the winter to replace him btw. Martinelli should be professional, but intelligent more than anything.
Dude it’s football. It happens and players don’t care. Caicedo will be welcomed here with open arms. Same as Mitoma would have no problem with Martinelli after doing him

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Told you ALL that he was our best player. Only player who turned up for the run in, alpha male who actually plays like he wants it.

Another level to any other attacker we have.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
In the league he scored 15 times - eight with his right foot, four with his left and three with his head. This was despite producing an XG of 9.13 across the campaign, meaning he scored nearly six more goals than he was expected to. Only Harry Kane (8.57 more) and Erling Haaland (7.34) performed better in front of goal.

That's curious, Leicester was his only long range goal and most of them were virtually tap ins

Top Bottom