• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Well you say Chelsea had a bad season and they fell off from being title contenders, and you call them our rivals.So did you expect us to challenge for.the title last season? Should we consider man City and Liverpool also as rivals last season? I didn`t expect us to be a part of title challenge and thus from the title challenge perspective, I don`t see them as rivals.

United had a very poor season and that is clear to see with their points total. We did finish 11 points ahead of them though and were closer to Chelsea in 3rd spot than United.
The point is only that Sp**s had a good season. Your total points at the end of the season is the only objective indicator of how good or bad a season you had. The Sp**s fans and many other football fans thought that Conte improved them a lot too. The "disastrous season" you are talking about which caused a change in the manager is a bunch of 3-4 disastrous games after the first month last season which as @Jayramfootball pointed out, is short term form. We went through multiple such 3-4 game sequences including our start to last season.
Okay this is all getting a bit much now. I was asked if I think narrowly missing out on 4th with our squad is impressive by the manager. The only reason it was narrow imo is because chelsea and United (and Sp**s to a lesser extent) performed a lot worse than they should have. That’s why I mentioned them in the first place.

That’s subject though so let’s leave it at this:

I don’t think 69 points with W22D3L13 is that impressive of a season for a European level team that is out of Europe and got knocked out of the FA cup early.

13 losses is more than one in three games lost. Not being happy with that doesn’t mean I have an agenda.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
You’re overcomplicating things.
Nothing complicated about my questions, very simple. They are complicated for you because you’re incoherent on this issue. I’d hazard that it’s because you have an agenda.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Nothing complicated about my questions, very simple. They are complicated for you because you’re incoherent on this issue. I’d hazard that it’s because you have an agenda.
Calling things as you see it and being accused of having an agenda. :lol:

We bottled fourth, lost one in three games, goal difference of thirteen, didn’t crack 70 points and got knocked out of the FA cup by a championship side. All while having the advantage of no European football.

Showing progress doesn’t make that season impressive it just means it was better than the one before. If you want to view that as an impressive season then more power to you.

I’m done with this now, you’re ruining my post:likes ratio.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Calling things as you see it and being accused of having an agenda. :lol:

We bottled fourth, lost one in three games, goal difference of thirteen, didn’t crack 70 points and got knocked out of the FA cup by a championship side. All while having the advantage of no European football.

Showing progress doesn’t make that season impressive it just means it was better than the one before. If you want to view that as an impressive season then more power to you.

I’m done with this now, you’re ruining my post:likes ratio.
Hate to say it, agenda written all over this post. Very defensive.

blaze_of_glory

Unlucky not to score two. Never stops working either. I'm a big ESR fan but hard to see him displacing Martinelli at LW given how much he contributes off the ball.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Arteta almost wasted this guy’s talent if Raphinha didn’t reject Arsenal’s offer. This guy should be one of Arsenal’s future and deserves to get lot of playing minutes.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Arteta almost wasted this guy’s talent if Raphinha didn’t reject Arsenal’s offer. This guy should be one of Arsenal’s future and deserves to get lot of playing minutes.
Martinelli saka esr
3 wingers for 2 positions. It's never going to be enough. We really do need one more.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Maybe we should be more patient but he hasn't developed the way I hoped, I don't see what's improved since Emery was here. I always want more from this guy. The odd goal and that is nice, and when there's space he can exploit but there's a lot of things in his game I thought might have been more developed my now.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Maybe we should be more patient but he hasn't developed the way I hoped, I don't see what's improved since Emery was here. I always want more from this guy. The odd goal and that is nice, and when there's space he can exploit but there's a lot of things in his game I thought might have been more developed my now.
It’s a long season and I’m optimistic. Feel like second half of last season was his first consistent game time so he deserves some time. This is definitely the season though because of his contract.

He’s on 90kpw (didn’t realise he was on that much tbh) and his contract expires in 2025. Next summer is a sell/extend decision point and you can’t extend him for the fun of it as you’ll be looking at 150kpw minimum. Those are big boy wages that have to be earned.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He'll only develop when he start to put his head up and stop running and running. He great dribbler but he need to use his brain and put his head up when he in box he'll be very good player there no doubt but just hope he can improve that aspect.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka

You definitely feel a better manager would have made Martinelli "explode" the way so many people are hoping for

When he shines it doesn't seem to be because he's making great use of his dribbling skill and his instinct for goal, it's because he's a workhorse that never stops moving, at least for 20 or so minutes because he tends to disappear when the team is not on top.

I doubt that's the explosion people want to see with this guy

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
Martinelli saka esr
3 wingers for 2 positions. It's never going to be enough. We really do need one more.
I agree but not by targeting someone that cost a lot like Raphinha. The fees that Arteta is willing to spend to get Raphinha would have make him like the main regular player.

Top Bottom