• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Saka is the most technical player we have - nothing fazes him, does everything right, never looks tired. He is a 90 minute player.

Martinelli is the most exciting player we have because he takes no prisoners. He is a 90 minute player.

Smith Rowe hopefully can earn his position sometwhere in the side - because he is fooking talented. His problem is he can't sustain moments for 90 minutes like Martinelli.

Viera - damn I hope he is good.

Ødegaard - he is a class player. While he was named club captain, I hope Smith Rowe and Viera get minutes in this position too if he is not delivering. Like Smith Rowe issue, Ødegaard needs to be a 90 minute player too.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Saka is the most technical player we have - nothing fazes him, does everything right, never looks tired. He is a 90 minute player.

Martinelli is the most exciting player we have because he takes no prisoners. He is a 90 minute player.

Smith Rowe hopefully can earn his position sometwhere in the side - because he is fooking talented. His problem is he can't sustain moments for 90 minutes like Martinelli.

Ødegaard - he is a class player. While he was named club captain, I hope Smith Rowe and Viera get minutes in this position too if he is not delivering. Like Smith Rowe issue, Ødegaard needs to be a 90 minute player too.

I'd say Saka lacks the murderous attitude of Martinelli. He just wants to go for the jugular all day every day. Makes him brilliant to watch. I guess Saka is too old to improve or change his mentality. Dusted player.

D

Deleted member 102404

Saka has a reputation now and scares the **** out of opponents, which is why he is often doubled up on defensively. Teams have a plan for him. Martinelli doesn’t have that yet and it’s great for us because it’s nigh on impossible to double up on both sides without playing ultra defensive and conceding possession all game. That is why it is vital to have a threat from both sides - and why incidentally it’s so bloody hard to keep Liverpools front line quiet.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The dynamics on the left are far superior to the right as well at the moment. The interchanging between Zinny and Xhaka is causing teams a lot of problems; and freeing some space for Gabi.

On the rights its all quite static at the moment. There's been no real movement between White and Ødegaard, they've both been quite static. This means there's little to no space for Saka (who hasn't been bad by any means). I think with White/Tomi at RB, it may be worth trying ESR as RCM see if we can get some more fluidity.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The right hand side has always been a bit stiff by design and that's just Saka's cross to bear unfortunately. He's done a fantastic job of it mind.

Arteta's RW position is like his no.6 position, only certain man out there can convincingly do it - it's specific.

Regardless, Martinelli has started well, his technique is a bit inconsistent compared to some of his team mates though. I have no clue if he's going to scuff the ball or do something competent.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The right hand side has always been a bit stiff by design and that's just Saka's cross to bear unfortunately. He's done a fantastic job of it mind.

Arteta's RW position is like his no.6 position, only certain man out there can convincingly do it - it's specific.

Regardless, Martinelli has started well, his technique is a bit inconsistent compared to some of his team mates though. I have no clue if he's going to scuff the ball or do something competent.
I disagree, latter part of last season there was good interchange between Ødegaard and Saka. I dunno if current rh malaise is by design or just players off the boil.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I disagree, latter part of last season there was good interchange between Ødegaard and Saka. I dunno if current rh malaise is by design or just players off the boil.

Well, there are several factors:

1. The season just started, we can't read into anyone's form just yet,
2. Ødegaard isn't exactly pulling up trees himself, possibly effecting combinations,
3. Saka is a known commodity now, not that cute kid anymore. He gets kicked, stomped and double marked now, he has to find a way around it.

I think Arteta's right wing you need a combination of defensive awareness, creativity and directness which has made Saka's intelligence and well roundedness key.

A lot of us bemoaned the pitfalls of this specific position when we saw the naturally less defensive and more one footed Pepe struggling there, so this isn't new to some of us. I don't think the left side necessary has some of these struggles.

D

Deleted member 102404

The dynamics on the left are far superior to the right as well at the moment. The interchanging between Zinny and Xhaka is causing teams a lot of problems; and freeing some space for Gabi.

On the rights its all quite static at the moment. There's been no real movement between White and Ødegaard, they've both been quite static. This means there's little to no space for Saka (who hasn't been bad by any means). I think with White/Tomi at RB, it may be worth trying ESR as RCM see if we can get some more fluidity.
Ødegaard static?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

TBF to him his tech has looked pretty secure so far this season.

Top Bottom