• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

VancouverCanuck

Hes a fan favourite because he's a really good player. He's threatening. Can come inside or go outside. He's young and has the ability to develop (no guarantees but the probability is that parts of his game will improve).

He scores goals and creates them. He played against a team that defended deep which can be hard for more explosive wide players like Martinelli but he's a hell of a player.

Is Diaz at Liverpool performing better? Sterling at Chelsea? Mahrez been tearing it up at City this season? Did you see more from Richarlson yesterday? Or Son? Because these are some of the so called top wide forwards in the league. And in my opinion Gabi is doing as well if not better than all of them.
I do rate Gabby. But in terms of goal threat, he is nowhere near the level of Son. I do have confidence he will only get better given how young he is and how hungry he looks.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I do rate Gabby. But in terms of goal threat, he is nowhere near the level of Son. I do have confidence he will only get better given how young he is and how hungry he looks.
This season both have 3 goals, but Son's goals all came from the 6-2 Leicester win. ;)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Son of this year? Have you watched Son this year? Take away his Leicester performance which was a freak he has done nothing this season and Sp**s fans have wanted him dropped.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Saka has been getting backlash for a supposedly quiet season yet he's doing more than Martinelli with a lot less protagonism.

4 G/A is ok but Leicester was his only good performance, he needs to step up. The tools are there to be a lot more than just another lame workhorse like Ødegaard.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Saka has been getting backlash for a supposedly quiet season yet he's doing more than Martinelli with a lot less protagonism.

4 G/A is ok but Leicester was his only good performance, he needs to step up. The tools are there to be a lot more than just another lame workhorse like Ødegaard.
4 G/A is about 19 G/A over 38 league games.

If Martinelli got say 12 goals and 7 assists it would be a very good season.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka

Saka has been good, but one of his assists was a 2 yard pass for Vieira’s screamer against Brentford and another was the corner.
You might say it all counts and that’s fair but others would say context is important.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He’s a fan and pundit favourite because of his pace and intensity but he does tend to have games where he doesn’t actually do much but glosses it over with some pressing or exciting runs.

At the end of the day it’s a numbers game and that should be his focus, I reckon Mikel will be looking at adding a Raphinha level forward next summer so he’s got a challenge on his hands.
Can I ask? What type of wingers do you like?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Son is quite a poor footballer. He’s not that well-rounded. Doesn’t really do much but score goals. But that works for Sp**s.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Can I ask? What type of wingers do you like?

Thought his last sentence gave it away :lol:

Think Arsenal are almost an etirely different proposition with Raphinha no? I'd say Son is elite anyways, not sure what more you'd want from a wide player.

No shade on Martinelli though, he's far from a passenger and he's learning his trade but is he the numbers guy out of the front 3?

wow , this guys basically a threat week in week out simply by being on the pitch , reading back on the comments I am not sure how many of the posts are by people that have actually played a 11 a side game? . Any player that literally can bomb it passed 2 players and pull tricks on a wing to pass 1 , gives a opposing manager a headache as he will mostly put 2 players on him and a 3rd player sometime needs to cover the area left by the 2nd .
Martinellis numbers will improve but he's doing alot with his pressing and movement .

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
…whilst we’re on title winning form
I don't see what that has to do with it. Even if we were drawing matches there's a good chance we would still be scoring/creating based on the players and system.

Son was joint top goalscorer last season. Was he in a title challenging team? Auba was joint top scorer with us lingering in 5th/6th.

You can still get decent figures in a top 6 team. That suddenly won't drop off because you lose a few matches or draw some.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We had people doubting Saka before and he's on 5 G/A in 8 games, and now Martinelli has 4 G/A in 8 games (or maybe more? I'll have to check...) and is getting the same treatment. Kinda strange honestly. these aren't top numbers but for 21 year old wingers they're perfectly acceptable FFS
For 21 year old wingers they are more than acceptable in virtually all teams. May not be good enough for a title contender but if they keep that up over a season it is very likely top 4 level.
People on here cream themselves over players like st-maximin who is 4 years older & had nothing like those numbers 🤔.

They are not the finished article but there are very few wingers I would swop 21 year old Martinelli/Saka for in World football right now.
Excited to see what they are producing at 23/24 and they still likely won't be at their peak👍

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't see what that has to do with it.
He’s on pace to get to that mark while the team is performing a level that (probably) isn’t sustainable. Him continuing to produce at the same rate when the team drops off is not impossible but also very unlikely.

Anyway! I don’t have an issue with the guy but there are clear improvements that can be made to his game.

His numbers kind of shut down any criticism at the moment but you just have to watch him play to see that the numbers aren’t being achieved in a very sustainable manner (imo) and that there’s a lot of room for improvement in his game. This kind of stuff is overlooked because of his exciting playing style though.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
This is true, but the doubting is going to happen when there’s a drop-off in his play. Those first few games he was totally electric whereas now I’d say he’s being overshadowed by Saka. Still performing pretty well but not to the level of the first few games.

My biggest concern with Martinelli is that he doesn’t appear to put in as much defensive effort as Saka does. Atleast not consistently.

We definitely have to be watching different games because both of them put in a real shift defensively.

bergholt

We definitely have to be watching different games because both of them put in a real shift defensively.

I reckon Martinelli is a decent active presser - like he runs around a lot, good workrate - but his actual positioning and technical quality when defending is still developing.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom