• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Dogged and Determined

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Everyone bangs on about Saka’s penalty miss costing us against West Ham, but forgot that it was Martinelli’s penalty miss that sent us out of Europe.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Everyone bangs on about Saka’s penalty miss costing us against West Ham, but forgot that it was Martinelli’s penalty miss that sent us out of Europe.
Ah yes the 2nd rate competition that derailed our league campaign which only weirdos like yourself care about.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Ah yes the 2nd rate competition that derailed our league campaign which only weirdos like yourself care about.

We didn’t win the league did we?

Losing to Sporting was the worst result of our season. A chance to finally win a European trophy and we threw it away.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

Losing to Sporting was the worst result of our season. A chance to finally win a European trophy and we threw it away.
No not running out the lady gunners against Sporting and ruining the crown jewel of the organization with a chronic injury in a nothing competition destroyed our season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

This club should never prioritize a 2nd rate cup over the league. Arsenal should be prioritizing the league and CL. I understand that you've always thought Xhaka was good enough for Arsenal so your appraisal of standards is really flawed but we're not Tottenham and we shouldn't be twerking for 2nd rate European trophies to the detriment of our league campaign which died with Saliba's injury in an unimportant match. You seem to think you're speaking from a place of understanding what this club's level is when in fact you are appealing to something beneath us. Nobody rates the Europa League above the PL except you. Had we not played Saliba in this 2nd rate contest that you seemed to prioritize, we may well have won the league. I understand you'll never get that through your thick skull though.

Farzad Stoned

If Russians were smart they'd have put the nuke buttons on the top shelf and disposed of him years ago.
They will soon; once they realize that one man is endangering their own lives and power; that is the problem of being dictator; you usually don’t get cake, a gold watch and retirement party.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
This club should never prioritize a 2nd rate cup over the league. Arsenal should be prioritizing the league and CL. I understand that you've always thought Xhaka was good enough for Arsenal so your appraisal of standards is really flawed but we're not Tottenham and we shouldn't be twerking for 2nd rate European trophies to the detriment of our league campaign which died with Saliba's injury in an unimportant match. You seem to think you're speaking from a place of understanding what this club's level is when in fact you are appealing to something beneath us. Nobody rates the Europa League above the PL except you. Had we not played Saliba in this 2nd rate contest that you seemed to prioritize, we may well have won the league. I understand you'll never get that through your thick skull though.

We have won the league 13 times. We have won the Europa league or equivalent or higher European trophy a total of 0 times in our club’s history. How can fellow Arsenal fans have the cheek to dismiss the Europa league I’ll never know. Ask footballers around Europe which they’d rather win the Europa league or the premier league, and most will say the Europa league. It has more pedigree around Europe than the prem.

Farzad Stoned

We have won the league 13 times. We have won the Europa league or equivalent or higher European trophy a total of 0 times in our club’s history. How can fellow Arsenal fans have the cheek to dismiss the Europa league I’ll never know. Ask footballers around Europe which they’d rather win the Europa league or the premier league, and most will say the Europa league. It has more pedigree around Europe than the prem.
Why did Man Utd fire Jose like less than 12 months after he won the super prestigious Europa League that is superior to winning the Pl? I don’t know a single sane person in football that gives more value to the Europa league than the winning the title in the biggest richest league in the world? Produce a quote. What you are doing here is straight up Fox News Bs merchanting; the famous Fox News universal source that any moronic idea can be normalized by the phrase, “some people are saying”. Just change people to players and you literally copied the Fox News model

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
After the title run, Martinelli is one of the few, very few players in this Arsenal team that I can trust to be good during the Champions league knockout stages.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

After the title run, Martinelli is one of the few, very few players in this Arsenal team that I can trust to be good during the Champions league knockout stages.

I actually feel the opposite after the Europa pen miss and fluffing the pass in the dying minutes at Anfield.

I think lesser loved players don't ever recover in the eyes of the fans normally, but yeah I am unsure he is the most clutch.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I actually feel the opposite after the Europa pen miss and fluffing the pass in the dying minutes at Anfield.

I think lesser loved players don't ever recover in the eyes of the fans normally, but yeah I am unsure he is the most clutch.
If that was…

But I’ll stop before BPP comes in here crying :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If that was…

But I’ll stop before BPP comes in here crying :lol:

It's good that he's avoided the tags that previous players have been tarnished despite clearly demonstrating similar tendencies. I'd like to think it's growth from the fanbase but I doubt it.

Equally though there's no point pretending he wasn't equally affected by the collective loss of form or was far ahead of anybody during the run in.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't think any of our current forwards are what you would describe as "clutch" right now, tbh...the last one we had who you could say that about, was a motivated Auba.

Some will have to develop that trait more, but Jesus and Trossard will never get it imo...both more in the Firmino role of, "I will do a lot of things on the pitch right but you probably want the chance falling to someone else".

Most CFs are like that these days really... even when Pierre was at his best under Arteta, it was from the wing while Laca and Eddie did the running upfront for him.

I will say that I can definitely see Saka and Martinelli developing it one day though...the fact Bukayo missed a Euro's final pen, but still wants to take penalties for us and not shy away from them...or that despite how many times Gabby misses, you feels he will ALWAYS back himself for the next one (Alexis Sanchez-esque) they could get there one day.

Obviously both have to refine their technique first, takes more than just heart to be clutch you need to have a cool head too...but wouldn't rule either out to be honest, Salah and Mane only really became the top level killers in their mid 20s too.

GoonerJay24

We won the Europa League in 1970 and the CWC in 1994, which was considered bigger than the EL back in those years

Latest posts

Top Bottom