<

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by pigge, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Atlas

Atlas Well-Known Member

Didn’t Arteta drop Martinelli for Nketiah before he got injured? Obviously you don’t want to put pressure on a youngster just back from injury but our attack has been so clueless it’s impossible not to have high expectations.

Whickham likes this.
  2. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I don’t. I’m right most of the time. Many posters thought Pepe was banished and it’s a non negotiable. They got that wrong.

3. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Established Member Trusted

I think your expectations of him are a bit too high. He’s not really someone who gets on the ball and influences build up play, so unless we have a more creative presence in the middle, he’ll be marginalised on the touchline just like Auba. They’re both kick and rush.

I don’t quite have the vocabulary to describe how much I hate the sight of strikers on the wing. Especially in a system that depends on players staying within zones.

Even someone like Mbappé, I feel would be outscoring Haaland if he was being used by Tuchel and Deschamps the way he was used by Jardim alongside Germain or Falcao.

We have Saka and Nelson who are comfortably better on the left. Skilled dribblers who can create. And we are suffering badly from a lack of dynamism and ruthlessness in the box.

A striker who runs channels to stretch defenders and attacks crosses. That’s Martinelli.

#254, asukru, Geofranco and 2 others like this.
  4. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

If we play possession football. I’m sure Martinelli is capable to use skill moves to dribble players, control the ball in tight space, make beautiful teamwork passes and contribute in the build up play. If he is like auba, then fxxk this world we have shxt strikers who are just poachers/goal scorers.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  5. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Not really because Martinelli mostly played LW whenever he did play, mostly during Auba's suspension for that red card vs Palace. When Auba came back he slotted back in. It was Laca who was dropped for Nketiah.

6. Kevin Keegan

Kevin Keegan Member

The best natural goal scorer we have , even at such a young age i know he'll fulfill expectations #BEAST

#254 likes this.
  7. Football Manager

Football Manager Copy & Paste Merchant

Martinelli is not only a goal scorer. If he is then fxxk out of our club.

We need a Bergkamp, Van Persie, Benzema, Suarez, Firmino......Not a fxxking limited goal scorer who contribute nothing in the general play.

I’m sure Martinelli is not a limited poacher. I see some brazilian skilful vibe in his play. Now what we should do is get rid of all the limited goal scorers (auba/laca/nketiah) and buy some more creative/skillful forwards.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  8. MikelHadADream

MikelHadADream Well-Known Member

We need patience with this lad. Has brilliant attributes (pace, finishing, anticipation) but his game is still very raw. Also coming off a significant injury so will need time.

That being said he is still miles better than Eddie/Lacazette...

asukru, Whickham and Football Manager like this.
  9. Manberg

Manberg Predator

I just remembered he's not registered in the Europa league. Not going to see him in the final group games unfortunately.

10. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

He’s just back from a knee injury, he was never going to play in the EL registered or not.

It’ll be U23 games for him, like with all long term injuries.

Football Manager likes this.
  11. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Won’t see him at his best probably deep into next season. So much pressure on kids at this club, and when they don’t play well they’ll get rubbished.

The stuff I was reading about Saliba in the summer was OTT too, for a minute I thought we had a 24 year old Rio Ferdinand joining us.

Geofranco and MikelHadADream like this.
  12. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

13. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Dr. Pangloss

Excellent news, should be first team ready by early Jan maybe even late December.

Buzzing to see him play again, could genuinely inject that electricity this attack so badly needs.

James Bond likes this.
  14. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

Great news. Arteta will probably play him for 90 mins vs Burnley!

American_Gooner likes this.
  15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Welcome back Gabi. Shame no more europa league games to give him minutes. He won't solve the attacking slump we having right now so no need to rush

16. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

I fear that we are going to put so much pressure on this kid, I mean I believe in the hype around him and genuinely wish him well but I don't want to make my expectations so high and then we rush him back and we have another Partey situation on our hands.

#254 likes this.
  17. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

Great news he is returning but I certainly don't want Arteta to do his injury again by rushing him back in like he did with Partey unortunately. Will he even play him in the PL games in a few weeks or just more the FA cup & Caraboa cup games?

18. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

No need to put pressure on him he as talented as saka also will take pressure off saka because all eyes on him.

asukru likes this.
  19. Pyres7

Pyres7 Well-Known Member

If Arteta wants to carry on with his crossing strategy, Martinelli is probably the only forward we have that's good at scoring from them.

Squillaci, Jackie_Treehorn and asukru like this.
  20. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member Trusted

Anyone watching this and feeding back?