• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

:lol: I remember this as well.

I'm sure Mikel has his reasons for picking Willian -not obvious to us ofcourse.
I knew he didn’t. People finding excuses as to why he doesn’t bring him on... please save me. Pre injury it was the exactly same thing and there was no Willian then.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

By this stage last season Martinelli had 10 goals and 4 assists. He wasn't even starting PL games until December, first EL start in October, so he had an instant impact relatively speaking in quite a short period. Helped us massively in the EL, scored vital goals vs West Ham and Chelsea. Even made an impact this season in his first few starts after injury. But he isn't ready? Man really sick of Arteta.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I am a little concerned about this situation with Arteta, can only hope he is being overly cautious due to the injuries.

Breezy

By this stage last season Martinelli had 10 goals and 4 assists. He wasn't even starting PL games until December, first EL start in October, so he had an instant impact relatively speaking in quite a short period. Helped us massively in the EL, scored vital goals vs West Ham and Chelsea. Even made an impact this season in his first few starts after injury. But he isn't ready? Man really sick of Arteta.

I think he should be playing more too don’t get me wrong. But let’s not forget he’s just come back from a bad injury and is slowly building form and fitness.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why are people so quick to jump on Arteta for this? He's started Martinelli several times now since he's come back from injury, and he hasn't exactly set the world alight. He's huffed and puffed, but hasn't shown a lot of quality, which is to be expected as he's still a kid and very raw, as well as coming back from an injury.

People's expectations for this kid are way to high, I've no doubt he will be a really good player, but just let him be.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
I am a little concerned about this situation with Arteta, can only hope he is being overly cautious due to the injuries.
:lol: What?! He's probably over played him if anything... We can only field 10 outfield players! He opted for Willian as sub over him today... Hardly cause for concern. This place has lost it!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The concerns are understandable tho, managing young foreign players isn't exactly Arteta's forte evidently.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Im a huge fan of his but he just hasn't done it since he's returned.

Mikel's perseverance with him is a good sign because it means he's doing great things in training, but it just hasn't happened on the pitch. He'll get goals.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Why are people so quick to jump on Arteta for this? He's started Martinelli several times now since he's come back from injury, and he hasn't exactly set the world alight. He's huffed and puffed, but hasn't shown a lot of quality, which is to be expected as he's still a kid and very raw, as well as coming back from an injury.

People's expectations for this kid are way to high, I've no doubt he will be a really good player, but just let him be.
Just another avenue to try attack Arteta with.

This lad has and will be given games to prove himself.

Can't just walk back into the first 11.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Just another avenue to try attack Arteta with.

This lad has and will be given games to prove himself.

Can't just walk back into the first 11.
No one said the first 11 but bringing on Willian every time who does nothing makes 0 sense. When managers rate players they can’t wait to give them minutes.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
No one said the first 11 but bringing on Willian every time who does nothing makes 0 sense. When managers rate players they can’t wait to give them minutes.
I'm fairness Willian had his best 45 mins for us when he came on last week and everyone here said it.

So he probably thought Willian was turning a corner.

Martinelli will get plenty of opportunities, can't understand people losing their heads about this one.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I'm fairness Willian had his best 45 mins for us when he came on last week and everyone here said it.

So he probably thought Willian was turning a corner.

Martinelli will get plenty of opportunities, can't understand people losing their heads about this one.

I really am not losing my head loool. I’m not even a Gabi fanatic either..Just my gut feeling that Arteta doesn’t rate him that highly but let’s see

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Shown far more than Willian.

Polar Bear

The facts are Willian has scored ZERO goals for us, he has never ever scored a goal for our club, not only that, he has never even looked like scoring, its not like he is hitting the post and crossbar every game and the goalie is making amazing saves. Willian has nothing about him at all

So Martinelli should be playing, he offers way more and is so much more dangerous and has the ability too score a goal, which he has proved. He is so more threatening and should never be behind Willian

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Willian came on for Martinelli against United and was far more effective...

What's to say Martinelli does nothing for the next 43 minutes, but gets the same chance that Willian had and scores.

Arteta is so quick to withdraw certain players. Pepe and Martinelli get hooked so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom