• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

Starting to think Arteta likes trolling :lol:

EDIT - On the bench today as well.

Last edited:

GunnerShy

Love to see a stat on how many minutes he's played v his availability under Arteta.

I'm sure it's low. He injured himself at the start of project restart but the truth is he hardly played prior to that. Hasn't played much since being available this season either.

Feels like a wasted season at this rate. I'd understand if we were fourth. But we are 11th. Somebody needs to tap Arteta on the shoulder and let him know it's an important part of the Arsenal Managers job description to bring through and develop youth. Frankly, Martinelli and Saliba have been a big negative this season.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Amazing the fanfare this kid has. The writing has been on the wall under Arteta since the beginning.

Stop deluding yourselves. Arteta doesn't rate him that highly.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't even think if he gets major minutes he'll start firing like R9, just find it funny Arteta said his little cameo in the first leg is him not taking his chances. The lad barely got the ball when he came on.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Amazing the fanfare this kid has. The writing has been on the wall under Arteta since the beginning.

Stop deluding yourselves. Arteta doesn't rate him that highly.
We all know mikel does not rate him as he is left out on the cold but to say he is not a decent talent is silly. No one is calling him pele or Maradona but the kid was doing well first half of last season and since arteta came in he has not featured Much. Martinelli so far has shown he can be a explosive threat. If he reaches his potential is down to him and managers. Mikel is already ****ing up this kids potential by not starting him or playing him much in general.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We all know mikel does not rate him as he is left out on the cold but to say he is not a decent talent is silly. No one is calling him pele or Maradona but the kid was doing well first half of last season and since arteta came in he has not featured Much. Martinelli so far has shown he can be a explosive threat. If he reaches his potential is down to him and managers. Mikel is already ****ing up this kids potential by not starting him today.
I agree with you. I think he has top potential but only as a striker. His instincts in the box are tiger-like.

His dribbling and first touch are poor, and that's why he's not getting game time on the wings.

I hope he stays fit and has a chance to develop properly from this summer.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Mikel is already ****ing up this kids potential by not starting him today.
Is he really? I think he's done him a favour tbh.

Regardless of the result Mikel's name will not get mentioned unless it's a win :lol:

I hope Willian/Pepe/Lacazette have all their socials turned off cause it's about to be a very long weekend for them. You don't really want Martinelli involved in that.

Pop Tart

Established Member
I agree with you. I think he has top potential but only as a striker. His instincts in the box are tiger-like.

His dribbling and first touch are poor, and that's why he's not getting game time on the wings.

I hope he stays fit and has a chance to develop properly from this summer.
Yes he is a little raw but he can fix that, not like he is 28. Arteta does not fancy him like salina. One of those things. Just crazy when willian gets minutes.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Is he really? I think he's done him a favour tbh.

Regardless of the result Mikel's name will not get mentioned unless it's a win :lol:

I hope Willian/Pepe/Lacazette have all their socials turned off cause it's about to be a very long weekend for them. You don't really want Martinelli involved in that.
What if we lose? Game is a silly 12 PM kick off.
Do not get what you mean about martinelli

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
In here before the rumors start...

Martinelli not playing does not mean there is drama behind the scenes. It does mean he has fallen down the youngster pecking order.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Getting to the point where you ask yourself a question that would have seemed ridiculous just a few months ago...

Does he need a loan?

Legend14

Established Member
In here before the rumors start...

Martinelli not playing does not mean there is drama behind the scenes. It does mean he has fallen down the youngster pecking order.
Maybe, but he still should be getting more time. Something seems out of place.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
He has jus cone back from a long term injury tbf and is still relatively in experienced..

not bringing him on today was entirely justified

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Behind Saka, Auba, ESR, Laca, Willian and Pepe in the pecking order now. Hard to see where the minutes are going to come for him.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Getting to the point where you ask yourself a question that would have seemed ridiculous just a few months ago...

Does he need a loan?

Really depends on what we do with Laca, tbh.

Reckon Eddie's gone as well. If we don't bring anyone, he should feature more.

Tom349

I think its clear that Arteta will only use one of Auba and Martinelli and unfortunately for Martinelli he isn't going to picked ahead of Auba. Although in games like this when defending a lead I would much rather watch him chase loose balls and counter attack than watch Auba pull out of every challenge and give the ball away countlessly.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Maybe, but he still should be getting more time. Something seems out of place.

Maybe, but I think Arteta is risk-averse, has very little margin to error left, and trusts Willian's experience more.

If we were still in the FA cup, Martinelli would play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom