• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
One thing to remember is that Arteta has stated repeatedly that our squad is too big and he can’t integrate everybody as a result. Think we’ll see another big cull this summer - it’s evident the club are trying to get rid - and that should see guys like Martinelli get more playing time.

If we freeze out Lacazette for Martinelli now then we won’t get any money for Lacazette this summer.
We won't be getting any money from Lacazette if he plays either. He's on too much money. It will just like the Mustafi and Özil situation.

Why bother with him if he's not part of the future? If he believes in Martinelli'...he's needs to be move braave in team selection. Martinelli won't lose you matches - he'll be part of winning them. He also presses too....he knows his defensive responsiblities.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Talk in my old town of Bangor that there is a Big Sam/Ravel Morrison situation going on with Martinelli and Edu.

Arteta’s hands are tied.
Huh? Please elaborate.

I'm sure if Edu had the power, he'd force Arteta to play Martinelli. Brazilian Brazilian thing. The thing is...most Arsenal supporters feel the same way about this Brazilian, not that Willian guy.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Its looking more and more likely that Martinelli will not be figuring much in Mikels plans. There's obviously something in his game he doesn't like and we know how that ended with Saliba, Nelson, Nketiah etc.

Genuinely thought we had a proper talent on our hands one that could find himself at a Barca or Madrid in 3-4 years for big money.

Looks like another one who's going to be threw in the bin and sold for next to nothing. Surely he will be pushing for a move as he seems ambitious to play.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Stop worrying about guy who not even 20 years old yet.

Who said I'm worrying?

I'm merely saying we have a hugely talented kid who was getting a few opportunities at the start but has now been completely overlooked and given next to 0 minutes. A young player who seems hungry to play and may become disillusioned with life under Mikel.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Aubameyang and Martinelli can’t play together in Arteta’s eyes, so Gabi isn’t getting any minutes for the rest of the season.

Decision has to be made in the summer. The lack of football for certain players is harming all parties.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Not sure how likely Laca leaves this summer so I'd say Martinelli really needs a loan as Auba/Laca would obviously be Arteta's first options.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Aubameyang and Martinelli can’t play together in Arteta’s eyes, so Gabi isn’t getting any minutes for the rest of the season.

Decision has to be made in the summer. The lack of football for certain players is harming all parties.

If Martinelli can't offer something even of the bench then you'd have to wonder are his days numbered. We have these super talented players. We are playing for nothing in the league. Top 4 is impossible and EL ain't happening via the league.

Surely testing a few things with the young players wouldnt do any harm.

Melquiades

Here's the problem.

We essentially have 4 forward positions needing filling in the roster in any given game.

We have 10 options to fill those 4 spots :

Aubameyang
Saka
ESR
Ødegaard
Lacazette
Pepe
Willian
Martinelli
Nelson
Nketiah

Aubameyang, Saka, and at least 1 of ESR/Ødegaard will start almost every game. That means there's 1 start available for those other 7 guys. And if you're an out-of-form Martinelli coming back off an injury while Pepe and Laca and (surprisingly) Willian are in pretty decent form, things are tough. And it's even worse if you're Nelson or Nketiah.

Sometimes it feels like people think that Arteta should be starting 15 players on the pitch every night to get everyone minutes, and if he doesn't he's screwing over all these guys.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Here's the problem.

We essentially have 4 forward positions needing filling in the roster in any given game.

Aubameyang
Saka
ESR
Ødegaard
Lacazette
Pepe
Willian
Martinelli
Nelson
Nketiah

Aubameyang, Saka, and at least 1 of ESR/Ødegaard will start almost every game. That means there's 1 start available for those other 7 guys. And if you're an out-of-form Martinelli coming back off an injury while Pepe and Laca and (surprisingly) Willian are in pretty decent form, things are tough. And it's even worse if you're Nelson or Nketiah.

Sometimes it feels like people think that Arteta should be starting 15 players on the pitch every night to get everyone minutes, and if he doesn't he's screwing over all these guys.

That doesn't mean Martinelli can't get some time coming on as a sub. He always brings a lot of energy anytime he plays. How can a player get back in form if they never get any game-time? He had stretches last season of looking very dangerous. He already has elite mentality, the next thing for him is to improve his physicality, technique on the ball and decision-making.

ThePortugueseGunner

I always saw a lot of potential in Martinelli. There's nothing wrong with having other players in front of you, or more deserving of the starting spots at a time. That's what loans are for, there are a lot of teams in Europe who would be thankful to have Martinelli and would give him plenty of minutes.

If it was up to me, I would try to find a loan for him in a club like Villarreal, Sevilla, Roma, Lazio, Dortmund - not top tier football teams, but teams who fight for Champions League qualification and are playing regular European football.

It would provide him experience, but in a competitive environment that's just a level below what Arsenal should ambition.

(I always talk about projects having in mind what they should be like, or what they should be going for - the Arsenal project nowadays does not match the greatness of the club.)

Melquiades

I always saw a lot of potential in Martinelli. There's nothing wrong with having other players in front of you, or more deserving of the starting spots at a time. That's what loans are for, there are a lot of teams in Europe who would be thankful to have Martinelli and would give him plenty of minutes.

If it was up to me, I would try to find a loan for him in a club like Villarreal, Sevilla, Roma, Lazio, Dortmund - not top tier football teams, but teams who fight for Champions League qualification and are playing regular European football.

It would provide him experience, but in a competitive environment that's just a level below what Arsenal should ambition.

(I always talk about projects having in mind what they should be like, or what they should be going for - the Arsenal project nowadays does not match the greatness of the club.)

Agreed.

My criticism right now would be less of 'Why aren't they playing him?' and more of 'Why didn't they get him a loan for the 2nd half of this year to get back in match fitness?'

Even going to a team like Brighton or Fulham which play pretty decent football but don't have finishers would have been a decent thing. Get him action, build some confidence, then re-evaluate next year when the situation will be a bit different and potentially 1 or 2 guys have left.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Here's the problem.

Aubameyang
Saka
ESR
Ødegaard
Lacazette
Pepe
Willian
Martinelli
Nelson
Nketiah

But... why Willian?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Clearly this team struggles to convert chances so surely it would make sense to rely more on your emphatic/consistent finishers like Martinelli or Pepe. He hasn't featured since the Utd game and I can't see why he can't have 10 or 20 minutes here and there. What does bringing on Lacazette do for us? I assumed he would come on for Burnley but nooooo Franceso Arteta doesn't trust him.

Jakarta

Future C.Ronaldo getting worse treatment then Pepe.

Shame he was recovering from an injury when we were giving Nketiah all those minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom