• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Better up front alone or in a freer roaming role up front. He looked better after Laca went off but the rest of the team was unbalanced. The best thing is that he's looking fitter, sharper and stronger. Still very raw though and needs regular minutes and close coaching. He should be on the phone to Wrighty every day.
He looked better than Pepe and Saka on the wing as well, way more dangerous going forward.... point is that Arteta's football is based on ball retention and a lot of side way passes, in a more direct football and with more incentive to more risky plays, Martinelli could have easily eight shots today.

mirrorstare

Plenty of bad decisions today but also plenty of spark, he eventually grew into the game and carried our best moments when we were utterly clueless.

Needs a better manager, with an actual plan for him instead of hoofing it to him at the left corner and hoping one of his random crosses achieves something of note.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If Laca/Auba are out for a significant amount of time I think we should use Martinelli at CF. Similar to Auba you want him in and around the penalty box. His all round game isn't good enough to play LW, you want him on the end of things.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He looked better than Pepe and Saka on the wing as well, way more dangerous going forward.... point is that Arteta's football is based on ball retention and a lot of side way passes, in a more direct football and with more incentive to more risky plays, Martinelli could have easily eight shots today.
He did do well on the wing but I don't want him confined there. Pepe had an off day but Saka was good again.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Good again.... in how many big chances Saka was involved today? He is a attacker for the most part.
I've no idea. Certainly not much came off for anyone but he was one of only four players trying to mount an attack. Stats are interesting but I don't take them as gospel because they have been twisted too many times in the past.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bad decision in the game usually produces a lot of turnovers with a low involvement in big chances. He had the best decisions of Arsenal today.
Mate idk, the bicycle kick he attempted was ridiculous 😂

I think he played well overall, not sure why you’re so eager to defend him when he’s not even getting criticised.

If I wanted to be nitpicky I’d say that your boy missed two big chances and cost us the game? But I’m not.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
EzQ-mNJVEAA2Oyg

Has to be scoring that especially if he takes it off Ceballos who was running onto it

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
His decision making annoys me but nobody can deny he makes things happen. Needs a good manager to get the best out of him.

Not trying to come at you, but is this not the exact same sentiment a lot of people have of Pepe? Most times he was not selected by Emery, Ljunberg and then Arteta because they did not trust his decision making or commitment to doing the dirty work, at least earlier in his time here.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He may still working with his finishing touch but he play every game in LW instead of Auba Willian he also had xhaka support him offensively so basically no support

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Not trying to come at you, but is this not the exact same sentiment a lot of people have of Pepe? Most times he was not selected by Emery, Ljunberg and then Arteta because they did not trust his decision making or commitment to doing the dirty work, at least earlier in his time here.
Yeah but Gabby takes it to another level imo. I don’t really want to nitpick though but stuff like taking that chance off of Ceballos or going for that outrageous bicycle kick is something that Gabi and only Gabi would do. It’s part of what makes him though.

Pepe’s poor decision making was hugely exaggerated on here, not so much anymore though.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah but Gabby takes it to another level imo. I don’t really want to nitpick though but stuff like taking that chance off of Ceballos or going for that outrageous bicycle kick is something that Gabi and only Gabi would do. It’s part of what makes him though.

Pepe’s poor decision making was hugely exaggerated on here, not so much anymore though.

I think we do need a player that will try the outrageous once in a while. That's why I always saw Martinelli as a less gifted Luiz Suarez. Never saw the Cristiano comparison with him. Suarez had some genius to his play, while also having that South American motor like Tevez and Alexis Sanchez. I will give Martinelli a break cause he is still a teenager, def think he will get better with more opportunities and if he stays healthy.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
If I wanted to be nitpicky I’d say that your boy missed two big chances and cost us the game? But I’m not.

To miss it you need to be at the end of it and one was on target (great save by Areola) and the other wasn't that simple to score. He also created two big chances, one was a clear ball from Pepe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom