• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
You can see the improvement in his game, whatever Arteta is doing is working. His isolation game is better, he's making better decisions, he's not running arounds like a headless chicken as much.

Let the manager work.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
You can see the improvement in his game, whatever Arteta is doing is working. His isolation game is better, he's making better decisions, he's not running arounds like a headless chicken as much.

Let the manager work.
BS

With Emery he had freedom. Hope he doesn't listen to Arteta and takes the shot.

Natural talents do need a coach that restricts them. They need the license of freedom to make mistakes.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
BS

With Emery he had freedom. Hope he doesn't listen to Arteta and takes the shot.

Natural talents do need a coach that restricts them. They need the license of freedom to make mistakes.
He’s not a natural talent though. His best attributes are his mentality and determination. He’s a player who needs a lot of coaching in terms of decision making, technique, composure. I am seeing improvements in these areas of his game of late.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've got a soft spot for Keown. His testimonial was the first time I went to Highbury.

But lets face he is one of the worst pundits out there and thats saying something when you consider his competition.

I wouldn't read too much into anything he says.
Fair point but I will say that a lot of his analysis is on point. When he talks about what we need and what we need to do or critiques a certain player, he dies make sense. I think a lot of his apparent anti foreign rhetoric makes people dismiss everything he says. If his slating Arteta makes him pick a better team then I'm all for it

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I've got a soft spot for Keown. His testimonial was the first time I went to Highbury.

But lets face he is one of the worst pundits out there and thats saying something when you consider his competition.

Finally someone else other than myself says it :lol:

He is easily one of the worst, completely terrible and that's with the likes of Merson running around. He knows absolutely nothing about Martinelli's lack of minutes he's just crying and talking sh*t as usual sadly.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Adrian Clarke and Wrighty are the only ex Gunners who I really enjoy seeing on pundit duty.

Ashley Cole is good but he probably sees himself as a Chelsea man now 😭

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Finally someone else other than myself says it :lol:

He is easily one of the worst, completely terrible and that's with the likes of Merson running around. He knows absolutely nothing about Martinelli's lack of minutes he's just crying and talking sh*t as usual sadly.

Martin has always been the over emotional type, tbh.

In Ray's book, doesn't it mention how easy he was to wind up in training...

"Great defending!" says Bergkamp to Stepnavos, as Martin has a hissy fit that he isn't getting the praise.

...man was a great defender (and in his ****ing 30s) but still always bit to his teammates obvious trolling ffs :lol:

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
He’s not a natural talent though. His best attributes are his mentality and determination. He’s a player who needs a lot of coaching in terms of decision making, technique, composure. I am seeing improvements in these areas of his game of late.

His better attributes are his off-the-ball movement and work (and that is the main part of the decision making since you are off-the-ball more than on), athleticism (stamina, acceleration, speed) and directness alongside his determination, that is a very valuable combo if you see.

These are qualities that have to be enhanced.

Technically he is improving, which is normal since he is coming from Brazil fourth division and is just 19. Decision Making? What would be decision making? Be more adapted to a restricted tactic? Dribbling less? Be less investigative? What is making a right decision? Take on less risks?

Composture literally acquires with minutes and not asking to be your savior in the last 20 minutes of the match.

Btw, he didn't played well yesterday, but while he was on the pitch Arsenal was better and more aggresive, taking seven shots while conceding just one in 29 minutes. In the other 66 minutes it was 7 shots for each side.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
His touch and decision making needs a lot of work. Every time I see him play I get more convinced he needs to be developed as a 9, we can't waste his potential.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
His touch and decision making needs a lot of work. Every time I see him play I get more convinced he needs to be developed as a 9, we can't waste his potential.

Saka, for example, had "better" touch and "decision making", but why he can't generate more goals, assists, shots and key passes then?

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Saka, for example, had "better" touch and "decision making", but why he can't generate more goals, assists, shots and key passes then?

Not sure what the stats say, but I think Saka has a long way to go too when it comes to end product, gets into a lot of good positions and he plays really intelligently, but his final action lets him down too much, Martinelli is much sharper in this area and I'd back him to produce the better numbers over a season given they play the same amount.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That's why imo people need to stay patient about Martinelli yes he look full of energy but there alot aspects of his game need improving i'm glad we not putting too much faith on him like Saka ESR because we seeing Saka ESR are struggling because this is just too much for them now. next season Martinelli will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom