• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Poor but he just comeback to the team again today he not supposed to start just like Bolagun but the emergency situation requires it. He'll get alot of chances he exciting player

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Love Martinelli but I think the right loan would really bring him on as well. There's loads to his game that stands out as special but he's not quite the finished article yet.

Think he will get plenty of minutes this season as an impact sub, but he's rarely made a case to be starter. Getting regular minutes at a slightly lower level where he can gain experience and shine seems the best for his development.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Yeah, he's been hyped to the moon by the fans but he's still extremely raw, and has never really ever put in consistent performances. If I'm honest I don't really see a potential world class player in there, but again he is still young and is playing in a broken team.

It is because you don't understand his qualities.

He isn't a give-me-the-ball player, ball dominant player, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good tonight, ball-dominant players like Saka seems to be better visually that doesn't mean they actually are.

In fact Arsenal was playing better with Martineli on the pitch (as usual, 0.63 for x 0.43 against expected goals going by Understat) and he did a lot of work in terms of pressures and recovering the ball as well as making intelligent runs, off-the-ball work etc... but he was largely limited because of the unbalanced lineup.
You need to have ESR plus at least one from Willian, Saka to balance the team. . Pepe, Balogun, Auba, Martinelli, even Laca all need at least two ball-progressors, ball-dominant players around them to exceed.

Martinelli is a good example of a ceiling raiser player rather than floor raiser player btw.

HaffBR

Love Martinelli but I think the right loan would really bring him on as well. There's loads to his game that stands out as special but he's not quite the finished article yet.

Think he will get plenty of minutes this season as an impact sub, but he's rarely made a case to be starter. Getting regular minutes at a slightly lower level where he can gain experience and shine seems the best for his development.

His Plus-Minus is the highest positive in the club last season. Data per 90 minutes.

The possibility is that no one would make this team look better tonight, at least this player is not in the squad. Not Saka, not Auba.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

We can't loan him we need options on bench he'll have more chances this season

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is because you don't understand his qualities.

He isn't a give-me-the-ball player, ball dominant player, but that doesn't mean he wasn't good tonight, ball-dominant players like Saka seems to be better visually that doesn't mean they actually are.

In fact Arsenal was playing better with Martineli on the pitch (as usual, 0.63 for x 0.43 against expected goals going by Understat) and he did a lot of work in terms of pressures and recovering the ball as well as making intelligent runs, off-the-ball work etc... but he was largely limited because of the unbalanced lineup.
You need to have ESR plus at least one from Willian, Saka to balance the team. . Pepe, Balogun, Auba, Martinelli, even Laca all need at least two ball-progressors, ball-dominant players around them to exceed.

Martinelli is a good example of a ceiling raiser player rather than floor raiser player btw.

I never said he was a "give me the ball, ball dominant player". And I agree he's a "ceiling raiser player", he will get better as he refines his game.

It's quite obvious he's still very raw, and in my opinion hasn't really yet justified the pedestal fans put him on.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
You make a good point here Yousif as we don't have many forward options to play from the bench. It's a tricky one but if we can't shift Nketiah and Nelson then maybe one of them can be the impact sub instead? Think Martinelli has the potential to be a starter next season but he needs experience and a breakout year first. Maybe this is one we assess in January.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Was terrible just let him rest up. Willing to chalk that performance up to jet lag or whatever.

HaffBR

I never said he was a "give me the ball, ball dominant player". And I agree he's a "ceiling raiser player", he will get better as he refines his game.

It's quite obvious he's still very raw, and in my opinion hasn't really yet justified the pedestal fans put him on.

He is criticized far more than the average Arsenal young player too.

In fact, I know there are a lot of players who are much more refined/complete or more mature, but also many of them has much less impact on the pitch (some because they are dumb, other too much of ball hogs, others lazy etc). Martinelli wasn't even that bad tonight (not without the ball or defensively), maybe he should show up a bit more to the game, but who knows if this is stimulated by Arteta too. Perhaps Arteta wants him off the ball making runs instead of encourage the player to be on the ball, I don't know.... but for that he needs more ball-dominant players around and not Pepe and Balogun.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He wasn't that good, yet he was the only one that came close to scoring... so what does that say about the rest of the dross?

HaffBR

Was terrible just let him rest up. Willing to chalk that performance up to jet lag or whatever.

He wasn't tho. Terrible was Arteta's unbalanced XI and your boi Pepe 72 million player that is basically a poacher, I was expecting Pepe to be a ball progressor, drive his team forward and in the reality he was even more peripheral than Martinelli but being way less active off-the-ball, defensively and making dumb decisions on the ball as usual. When Pepe doesn't score, he is the most detrimental player in the Arsenal squad I would say.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He wasn't tho. Terrible was Arteta's unbalanced XI and your boi Pepe 72 million player that is basically a poacher, I was expecting Pepe to be a ball progressor, drive his team forward and in the reality he was even more peripheral than Martinelli but being way less active off-the-ball, defensively and making dumb decisions on the ball as usual. When Pepe doesn't score, he is the most detrimental player in the Arsenal squad I would say.
Splitting hairs, they were both sh*t tonight I ain’t got time for you lots forum darlings anymore.

Gooner1988TK

I don’t know who people think we are. The old Arsenal is long gone and dead. WE ARE the club teams loan players to so they can develop. So I dunno why people think we should be loaning out players WE NEED for depth. Didn’t people notice how shocking our bench was and we got beaten by Brentford tonight. Yet certain individuals think we should get rid of our best prospects for the season while we can’t even qualify for the Europa conference league. The delusion has to stop and people need to get real quickly. This man has a very important role to play in our struggles this season.

HaffBR

The same Martinelli that had a bad match against this Brentford would exceed with ESR-Ødegaard-Lacazette instead of ESR-Balogun-Pepe. I mean he isn't a "universal type of player" and can look bad because of it, but he can be good with good players around him. Auba and Pepe are just like that too, but I think Martinelli is better than Pepe and has more on his side compared to Auba as well.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Alexis was a world-class game-changer footballer.
like the ones we used to have, you know? the ones we don't have anymore.

Alexis, Özil, Ramsey, Cazorla...considering how bad it is now, mad to think we all had them at their peak and in the same team not that long ago.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Alexis, Özil, Ramsey, Cazorla...considering how bad it is now, mad to think we all had them at their peak and in the same team not that long ago.
football what GIF by Arsenal

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

I think a lot of our young guys would benefit from a loan if only to escape being poisoned by this disaster of a manager. The trouble is then it would leave us with even less quality as those young lads seem to make up the bulk of the players even worthy of putting the shirt on.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Shocking game. But all is not lost with this lad and a decent manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom