<

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by pigge, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Arsenal1508

Arsenal1508 Mods are unethical! Ozil, come assist me please!

Indont want to hear transistion year nonence about Marinelli. He has proven already when he played vs Nketiah and Lacazette combined.

Kevin Keegan likes this.
  2. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner Posting While Meditating Trusted

I absolutely love gabi but as always our fans do the most when players are out. Not too long ago holding was the answer to all our defensive issues for eg.
    Pre injury wasn’t arteta leaving him out anyway?

3. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't get your hopes up guys, probably go into the U23s for about half a decade knowing Arteta.

Maybe if we sell him to Chelsea, and give him some kind of accelerated aging serum Arteta can get him back on a free and start him every game.

4. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Martinelli won't solve the problem quickly he won't be back until January and he'll need few games with U23 to get back to match sharpness

5. Rasmi

Rasmi Well-Known Member

In reality arteta didn’t rate him. But desperate times calls for desperate hope. He is gonna save us

6. ThisFather

ThisFather Fan of Alpha Males

He wasn't on the bench even before his injury and when he was on other players got subbed on instead. It sucks because whenever he did play he was always one of the best players on the pitch.

7. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Well-Known Member

I really want to see this guy back soon, I miss him, I'm not over-hyping him, I really think he was the best player for us every time he played last season, and scored and assisted many times and just in general made a lot happen.

Kevin Keegan and #254 like this.
  8. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Established Member Trusted

We’ll probably sign Giroud on loan from Chelsea in January and play Martinelli at right back.

Trilly and Maybe like this.
  9. Newchange

Newchange Well-Known Member

We miss you Martin

Kevin Keegan likes this.
  10. Oxeki

Oxeki New Threads, Old Tweets

Arteta doesn't fancy him. His style of play is against what Artetaball stands fall

11. Kevin Keegan

Kevin Keegan Member

Only Martinelli and Saka are the bonafide attacking studs on our team and yet so young :facepalm:

12. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Arteta will be starting his pal Willy as a false 9 instead of Gabi :shivering:

Trilly likes this.
  13. ThisFather

ThisFather Fan of Alpha Males

Looking at Saliba's treatment, I'm a bit worried for Martinelli. Imagine if he gets loaned out in Jan or send to the u23s.

Ibadan likes this.
  14. gamechannel

gamechannel Well-Known Member

Arteta wasn't playing him even before he got injured. No way he plays him regularly now. Arteta doesn't like flair players. He likes players that run around like useless donkeys with little end product.

15. Moah

Moah Well-Known Member

He was a good player when he first came and is a great goal scorer but he used to lose the ball a lot because he takes risk.

If you take risk and lose the ball there is no chance that Arteta gives you a start, whether you are a 30-goal a season player or not.

Arteta's style is actually very simple: Hold the ball; Pass it back; Hope for a miracle. Piece of cake.

16. Pyres7

Pyres7 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Arteta will give him a chance this time, now that he has realised how bad Laca is and seen Eddie's limitations?

Riou likes this.
  17. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

Why does no one comment on his loose first touch and close control?

18. Maybe

Maybe Well-Known Member

We are trying to focus on positives, for now. He is still basically a kid, you know... Even with that touch you're complaining about, he was still very effective playing as a striker, and his ball control inside the box is actually better than it is outside of it

19. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Debatable. Started all games when Auba was suspended and did well.

20. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

Yes I agree, he looked excellent as a striker, and average/inconsistent as a winger.

I'm just cautious because Arteta's team creates hardly any chances and without a top notch first touch you're going to struggle to be effective.

Maybe likes this.