• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He didn’t look good when playing out wide. Also didn’t look like he had an amazing skill set, not sure he’s the Brazilian wonder boy that some make out, just like I didn’t think Saliba was the new Rio Ferdinand like some on here made out.

Martinelli has showed effort, athleticism and good finishing. Not much more.
Nothing wrong with that. Thomas Muller will retire as one of the most decorated and accomplished footballers of his era. Martinelli doesn’t have to be a Messi to be great, he can be a Vardy, Muller or a Son type and still have a great career.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
True, but I am no longer that eager to see it in all honesty. Those tricky agile players lose a lot, if they go too much power.

Jack, Goetze looked half the player for example after he built himself up, and yes, I know about his illness, but still. It comes with a big price for those players which have their biggest talents there and you don't need to change, if you have it.

Many players have shown that, also in the Prem.
For every Traoré, there are 100 players that get much worse by bulking up, and slow.

Actually had the same issue to bits when I was 15 and went the next 15 years doing fitness every single day. It does a lot of harm very often.

Hopefully he's just as quick as he used to be.
Hasn't hurt Goretzka at all. Plus you have to understand a bit about physiology. Gabi is at the age now where he's naturally still filling out. Now pair that with the fact that he went from some random low division Brazilian team that respectfully probably has fairly basic fitness facilities. He also grew up quite poor so likely less access to top quality food. Now he's had over a year with what should be world class equipment and staff at the Colney as well as the best possible nutrition. Combine that with his age and all of the factors are there for him to organically put on muscle without there being any adverse effect on his pace or agility. Most kids of his age who begin training seriously are going to put on a significant amount of muscle. All of the internal and external ingredients are there. I'm not comparing ability level obviously but Mbappe has bulked up as one would expect at his age and he's only getting better and quicker.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He didn’t look good when playing out wide. Also didn’t look like he had an amazing skill set, not sure he’s the Brazilian wonder boy that some make out, just like I didn’t think Saliba was the new Rio Ferdinand like some on here made out.

Martinelli has showed effort, athleticism and good finishing. Not much more
Should have just called him a beep test striker and buried him altogether :lol: Come off it lad, you make him sound Heskey with a ‘score a bit more’ download. He’s got lots in his locker.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Hasn't hurt Goretzka at all. Plus you have to understand a bit about physiology. Gabi is at the age now where he's naturally still filling out. Now pair that with the fact that he went from some random low division Brazilian team that respectfully probably has fairly basic fitness facilities. He also grew up quite poor so likely less access to top quality food. Now he's had over a year with what should be world class equipment and staff at the Colney as well as the best possible nutrition. Combine that with his age and all of the factors are there for him to organically put on muscle without there being any adverse effect on his pace or agility. Most kids of his age who begin training seriously are going to put on a significant amount of muscle. All of the internal and external ingredients are there. I'm not comparing ability level obviously but Mbappe has bulked up as one would expect at his age and he's only getting better and quicker.

Not saying it cannot work out, but for those who have their standout trait in agility and quick feet it in fact does hurt more often than not when bulking up is overdone, which it often is.

Mbappe isn't bulked up and even Goretzka isn't THAT big, he's just very lean.
He's never been exceltional in the very traits I talked about anyways, so for his type it's perfectly fine.

And like I said, it's actually very important for some player to exactly do that, since you need a few monsters in the team, but it's about balance.
You need some of those and some exceptionally dynamic and agile guys.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not saying it cannot work out, but for those who have their standout trait in agility and quick feet it in fact does hurt more often than not when bulking up is overdone, which it often is.

Mbappe isn't bulked up and even Goretzka isn't THAT big, he's just very lean.
He's never been exceltional in the very traits I talked about anyways, so for his type it's perfectly fine.

And like I said, it's actually very important for some player to exactly do that, since you need a few monsters in the team, but it's about balance.
You need some of those and some exceptionally dynamic and agile guys.
Yeah but he's not overly bulked up. He's a growing kid. The entire NFL and sprinting worlds are comprised of extremely muscular individuals who are some of the most agile people on the planet. Gymnasts are the most agile people on the planet. Gabi is going to be fine.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Praying he comes back strong as Arteta clearly doesn’t rate Lacazette and Eddie seems just be the guy there at the right time.

Manberg

Predator
Medical updates still saying he’s expected to return to full training by the end of the year :(

We won’t see him back until January at the earliest. Real shame because we really need someone like him.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Should have just called him a beep test striker and buried him altogether :lol: Come off it lad, you make him sound Heskey with a ‘score a bit more’ download. He’s got lots in his locker.

unrelated, but KSI has blood on his hands for ruining Heskey's reputation :lol:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Martinelli has showed effort, athleticism and good finishing. Not much more.
Don’t even think this is a controversial post. We all saw it.

What you’re hoping is that he becomes a Brazilian Vardy type.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
unrelated, but KSI has blood on his hands for ruining Heskey's reputation :lol:
It’s strange, because I never used to use Heskey as an example of a crap striker... It’s definitely been planted in my brain from somewhere.

Malky

Established Member
A vardy speedster doing vardy things from 18 years of age on instead of 28-29 would be pretty damn terrific
Would take that in a heartbeat.
Martinelli as our Vardy with guys like Partey, Ceballos and a creative midfielder behind him would be incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom