• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator

Is Martinelli’s comeback this ahead of schedule?

Exciting if true. Hope it’s not a case of rushing him back and risking injury again.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Thing with Martinelli is,I think he'll be amazing as a CF but even now on the wing he's aggressive and tries to make stuff happen

Opposite of the languid stuff we've been watching recently

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Is Martinelli’s comeback this ahead of schedule?

Exciting if true. Hope it’s not a case of rushing him back and risking injury again.
They took the longer, more reliable route with his rehab, apparently, to make sure he recovers properly, so at this point he must be ok to be training.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Looks like he's in full training. Saw a pic of him challenging for a header Vs Gabriel

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Really hope he is back and doesn't have any recurring problems, could be tailor made for the way Arteta wants to play.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How is that exactly, you do realize Arteta dropped him before he was injured ?, Don't think Arteta's fettish for Nketiah will allow him to give anyone else a chance.

When did he get injured?

Can't really remember, he was playing for Arteta quite a lot at one point though.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
How is that exactly, you do realize Arteta dropped him before he was injured ?, Don't think Arteta's fettish for Nketiah will allow him to give anyone else a chance.

Nketiah isn't even starting ahead of Laca so I don't see your point. Lets hope Martinelli jumps ahead of both!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
When did he get injured?

Can't really remember, he was playing for Arteta quite a lot at one point though.

It was a training injury in March.

Edit. I just checked and they said 7 months so Oct/Nov is correct.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When did he get injured?

He wasn't. Played in Aubas absence and scored. Then when Auba came back he got dropped and barely featured.

Arteta prefers Nketiah at cf. I fully expect Martinelli to be used sparingly and when he is used, it will probably be on the right where he is least effective.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Which would mean he is either playing from the right or at cf. Most likely cf as it looks like he is backing into him. Interesting....

Ok. I think Arteta has since cooled a bit on Nketiah, I know I have. He doesn't seem to be giving him as many minutes now. When Martinelli is back I'm not too fussed if he plays left or CF, as long as he plays. I think eventually he will be a CF.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He wasn't. Played in Aubas absence and scored. Then when Auba came back he got dropped and barely featured.

Arteta prefers Nketiah at cf. I fully expect Martinelli to be used sparingly and when he is used, it will probably be on the right where he is least effective.

He’s got the potential to break goalscoring records as a 9 in my honest opinion. His movement in and around the box is frighteningly good. As a winger he’s just another guy doing a job for the team.

I hope we don’t waste him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom