• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Am I missing something or this guy doesn't have a single attribute that would suggest he should play wide?
The guy can score goals, has pace and works hard, sound more like a CF than a winger for me. Can't dribble, can't cross, not reliable on the ball to play wide, although the same goes for Auba.
Not sure what's this obsession with playing our forwards out wide, not every forward will be Henry, time to accept that

Martinelli himself wants to play centrally. His managers see him as a winger.

Pyromaniac

My German TV commentator said today that inside sources are telling that Martinelli is training like an animal and since he is back in team training his attitude spreads to the whole team.

Don't know how reliable he is but Raphael Honigstein is often co-commentating and they might have connections to Mertesacker, who also works as a TV expert every now and then.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Good half, worked hard in typical Gabi fashion and almost picked our Laca with a clever bit of play.

Hope he’s not injured? Didn’t expect him to get withdrawn at half time.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Gabi got through a serious amount of defensive work in that first half. Just doesn't seem a natural wide player for me. I understand that Arteta wants specific set of characteristics from his centre forward.

Surely he needs to find a way of getting Gabi operating closer to goal? Would like him to be given a run up front to see how he fits. Gabi smells danger so well, and could have given Maguire the run around tonight if he was playing there.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Thought he was poor today and not surprised at all Mikel took him off. Decent defensively (apart from losing the ball at the edge of our box) but flopped every single thing he did going forward.

Hard game to come into granted, but yeah Willian on was the right call. His sub was definitely tactical.

novar

Gabi got through a serious amount of defensive work in that first half. Just doesn't seem a natural wide player for me. I understand that Arteta wants specific set of characteristics from his centre forward.

Surely he needs to find a way of getting Gabi operating closer to goal? Would like him to be given a run up front to see how he fits. Gabi smells danger so well, and could have given Maguire the run around tonight if he was playing there.

Yeah that's the thing, I don't see a plan for him in the way I can see it for the other young players.

A big part on why he was so poor today is that he felt entirely disconnected from Cedric and Xhaka, attacking and defensive wise he had a couple of good moments but it never felt like we were going to be a constant threat from there.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Full of endeavour but not attacking quality but I can't fault him especially his defensive header in our box. Without Tierney behind him, there was too much to do. We play in three days so hopefully his withdrawal was precautionary.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
That bit where he came back to clear the ball and prevent Rashford from scoring was spectacular. What a fantastic attitude he has reminds me of young Rooney just not as explosive.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
How he took the ball, got around 2 players and put in that almost perfect pass for Lacazette is why he reminds me so much of Van Persie. Can definitely be a similar player if not a similar talent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Interesting game today thought he did much better defensively than going forward still developing can't ask him to do something more.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
He must be tearing it up in training to keep getting picked, so you’d think it was only a matter of time before he rewards the manager.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Am I missing something or this guy doesn't have a single attribute that would suggest he should play wide?
The guy can score goals, has pace and works hard, sound more like a CF than a winger for me. Can't dribble, can't cross, not reliable on the ball to play wide, although the same goes for Auba.
Not sure what's this obsession with playing our forwards out wide, not every forward will be Henry, time to accept that

Me neither. He’s such a sharp finisher in and around the box too.

Leave the ball carrying duties for ESR, Willian, Pepe, Saka and Ødegaard.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
My German TV commentator said today that inside sources are telling that Martinelli is training like an animal and since he is back in team training his attitude spreads to the whole team.

Don't know how reliable he is but Raphael Honigstein is often co-commentating and they might have connections to Mertesacker, who also works as a TV expert every now and then.
I said it before. He is like CR7 in attitude and similar playing. But not when Ronaldo played on the wing, more like CF CR7. You see the same eyes and desire.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Me neither. He’s such a sharp finisher in and around the box too.

Leave the ball carrying duties for ESR, Willian, Pepe, Saka and Ødegaard.

All world class strikers are great with passing play, ball carrying......They drop deep to help with the general play, adding numerical advantage in the build up, so the team would have more possession, more chance created, which leads to more goals.

Or do you expect them to wait for services to happen, doing nothing for 90 mins?

For a Brazilian, Martinelli is not flashy enough, he has to improve on that.

Last edited:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Being flashy isn’t his game though. He has more in common with someone like Luis Suarez than a Neymar. He has good movement, tremendous work rate and can finish well in and around the area.

Get an odd feeling that Arteta doesn’t really fancy him as a striker the way Emery did.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Being flashy isn’t his game though. He has more in common with someone like Luis Suarez than a Neymar. He has good movement, tremendous work rate and can finish well in and around the area.

Get an odd feeling that Arteta doesn’t really fancy him as a striker the way Emery did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom