• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
He will play nothing (or almost nothing) with Arteta. Better go to another club to get minutes and to develop his game.
He played more and was, surely, better rated by Emery last season.

If I rate Arteta? No. I think is a bum of a manager and isn't Arsenal level, but he has right to play the players he wants. If he doesn't like Martinelli, no problem, it's his choice, manager's choice. And he still plays with Saka and ESR, you can't say that he doesn't bet for youngsters.

Last edited:

Wrighty4eva

Established Member

His english seems to have improved a lot.
Improved a lot is an understatement, lad couldn't even speak English a year ago this only bodes well with his commitment, you have seasoned professionals who have spent years in England and still can't speak a lick, well done Gabi..

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Martinelli should not lose patience i know its unfair Willian taking his place but the chance will come for him.

simba

Manberg Again
Arteta likes Martinelli, full of praise for him whenever asked. Suggesting otherwise is another nonsense false conspiracy theory some fans like to keep conjuring up against Arteta.
Came straight back from injury into the team, ahead of Pepe and Willian. That was no coincidence.

HaffBR

Arteta likes Martinelli, full of praise for him whenever asked. Suggesting otherwise is another nonsense false conspiracy theory some fans like to keep conjuring up against Arteta.
Arteta likes Martinelli, as he likes Nelson, Nketiah, Balogun, Willian, Saka, Auba, Lacazette, ESR... Arteta likes the whole world dude.
Perhaps when the athlete starts to complain minutes is when problems may arise, however.

Came straight back from injury into the team, ahead of Pepe and Willian. That was no coincidence.

That was two months ago when he played consecutively against City, Chelsea and another team, but this is because Arteta was trying anything different to avoid being fired, Martinelli, and even changed the teams formation, after almost a bad semester of football, to 4-2-3-1, which he still uses nowadays.

PD: and the fact that Aubameyang was "injured" too, that helped ... since Martinelli today is perhaps a raw version of Auba, and it would be very difficult to play with two players as specific as these, especially when you have a manager like Arteta that value keep the ball and slow build up plays more than agressive/direct football.

Whatever, I would like to see it one day:

--------------------- Martinelli ---------------------
Aubameyang -------- ESR ------------- Ødegaard

or Ødegaard center and Saka right... or even Pepe right.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don't think there is anything going on here. I just think Arteta is desperate to win and doesn't give a f*ck about popularity contests.

No reason why Willian should be ahead of him though, that is genuinely a head scratcher.

I'm fully aware of what Willian is supposed to bring on paper as well (technical security, tactical nous,) but yeah don't see it.

simba

Manberg Again
His instagram got hacked today, around kick off. I tuned in to a livestream of a guy in a mask playing Indian music, flipping me the birdie. I read a comment that it’s not the first time he’s been hacked.

HaffBR

He will play a big amount of 0 minutos tonight.

If he isn’t Arteta’s kind of player, wouldn’t it be better for Arsenal to loan him out? He needs to play, even if in a mid-table club in Holland.

.... and WELL, I know he had an average first half against United last month... and Willian looked like Messi in his position.

HaffBR

He is an electric, very direct player that is playing in a the team with the slowest build up play in all Premier League. Just sell him and hire a strong, tall CF who can hold the ball better and it is win-win situation.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Really want him to get a start at CF, not just 15 min where he doesn't get any service at all
Needs at least 45 mins. I'm not sure what his fitness is like since coming back from injury, but I'm hoping that's the reason we're seeing so little of him right now.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Not enough time and nobody to move the ball forward when he came on. All good for his on pitch fitness I guess.

blaze_of_glory

You can see he's desperate to score. Visibly frustrated that the clock was ticking down and he wasn't able to get involved in the game.

Must be tough after smashing them in like he was last year. Hopefully he can get through this and back on track.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Looked visibly pissed off at the lack of urgency from everyone behind him. Absolute Trojan.

Melquiades

He looked good in his first couple appearances back but has really struggled in his last several games. Often see this when a player returns from a long injury where the adrenaline gets them through a few games and then the grind and lack of timing and fitness catches up.

HaffBR

He looked good in his first couple appearances back but has really struggled in his last several games. Often see this when a player returns from a long injury where the adrenaline gets them through a few games and then the grind and lack of timing and fitness catches up.

You already have it written somewhere and then you just copy it, right? What he could have done tonight... catch the ball among the defenders, dribbled ten players and scored?

Arsenal don't score goals after 75 minutes, that's a fact, so why did Arteta put him there after the 75 minute? Yes, to pressure and defend ... and that's what he deserves to be judged for today.

Anyway, he shows urgency in how he plays and Arsenal is very likely the slowest and the most conservative and structured team in the Premier league, which do you think will be the result of this combination? Frustration... for Arteta and for the player.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Anyone getting a bit worried? Was sidelined post-lockdown last season. Hasn't played much since his return from injury, taken off at half time the other day and publicly criticised. Micky doesn't seem to like him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom