• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but he should be playing U23 at least for his fitness. Has to be very disappointing for him after his great debut season, but we'll just put it down to growing pains. With his mentality I am sure he'll keep working hard and come back strong next season.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I won't be surprised if Bayern taps him up and he's tearing it up in the CL in a couple of seasons from now. It's sad that we have Martinelli and Nelson but the manager still went ahead and signed a 32 year old semi pensioner from one of our biggest rivals to take their place in the team. That's the ultimate 'fvck you' any manager can give you.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wonder who said the 20/21 season was a write off for this lad before the season started?

Six months out with a knee injury is big. Club will be getting him ready for the 21/22 season.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I won't be surprised if Bayern taps him up and he's tearing it up in the CL in a couple of seasons from now. It's sad that we have Martinelli and Nelson but the manager still went ahead and signed a 32 year old semi pensioner from one of our biggest rivals to take their place in the team. That's the ultimate 'fvck you' any manager can give you.
As someone said in another thread, Arteta’s more concerned with raising our floor than elevating our ceiling.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The worst thing is that when he plays, it's on the wing where he doesn't perform. He needs to play as a CF, which won't happen anytime soon

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The more you think about it the worse the Willian signing looks. What a **** sandwich that turned out to be.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The more you think about it the worse the Willian signing looks. What a **** sandwich that turned out to be.
Knowing what we know now with how this season has turned out, would have been just as well giving the likes of Nelson/Martinelli, Willian's minutes to know exactly what we have with them. If either wasn't up to it fair enough but at least we'd know.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I'm pissed.

Martinelli should be getting more opportunity. 45 minutes at Old Trafford is not enough to judge up fcking prick Arteta.

Wish we had a manager that believed in him. Arteta doesn't want to rock the boat, but what the fook have the players currently in front of him proven this season?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yep but people were telling me that Martinelli was being left out because he just came back from injury and actually Willian is clearly not being favoured anymore.

Ok.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can excuse him not being used yesterday but games like Leicester and Leeds were we had a 2 goal lead, why not?

Just weird he was thrusted back in when he was barely recovered and now nothing.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I'm pissed.

Martinelli should be getting more opportunity. 45 minutes at Old Trafford is not enough to judge up fcking prick Arteta.

Wish we had a manager that believed in him. Arteta doesn't want to rock the boat, but what the fook have the players currently in front of him proven this season?
Nothing anyone can do about it. Pepe has been playing out of his skin and he gets benched regardless. Judging by the amount of the damage there has been in all spheres of our club, starting from the absolute basics like goals scored, points won, winning games to the more macro aspects like loss of revenue due to bad player management, impending loss of European football revenue, etc we have quite simply a terrorist at the helm of our club.

say yes

forum master baiter
Arteta clearly has no problem playing kids if they’re good enough - e.g. Saka / ESR. And he clearly rates Martinelli, as evidenced by the fact he chucked him right into the deep end as soon as he was fit. Then Martinelli got injured again and he dropped out.

I don’t think there’s anything untoward with the situation right now. It’s just that Arteta has found a settled front line in Martinelli’s absence (Auba up top plus three creative players behind), and unfortunately Martinelli doesn’t fit seamlessly into that. Laca is the obvious Auba replacement, and Martinelli isn’t really suited to playing a wide role behind him (whereas he was a perfect replacement for Auba in the previous LF role).

It’s a bit frustrating as we obviously all want Martinelli to get more playing time. But the system we’re playing right now is the best our attack has looked all season and we’re not going to change that given every game ‘must win’ at the moment.

He definitely seems to rate Martinelli from all his comments in the past, so I wouldn’t be too concerned. He’s very young and has had awful luck with injuries. Give him time.

say yes

forum master baiter
One thing to remember is that Arteta has stated repeatedly that our squad is too big and he can’t integrate everybody as a result. Think we’ll see another big cull this summer - it’s evident the club are trying to get rid - and that should see guys like Martinelli get more playing time.

If we freeze out Lacazette for Martinelli now then we won’t get any money for Lacazette this summer.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

From Brazilian star boy to Brazilian nobody. Arteta has clearly shown he has no interest in developing talent atm, you only play if he trusts you and you perform.
Talk in my old town of Bangor that there is a Big Sam/Ravel Morrison situation going on with Martinelli and Edu.

Arteta’s hands are tied.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Arteta clearly has no problem playing kids if they’re good enough - e.g. Saka / ESR. And he clearly rates Martinelli, as evidenced by the fact he chucked him right into the deep end as soon as he was fit. Then Martinelli got injured again and he dropped out.

I don’t think there’s anything untoward with the situation right now. It’s just that Arteta has found a settled front line in Martinelli’s absence (Auba up top plus three creative players behind), and unfortunately Martinelli doesn’t fit seamlessly into that. Laca is the obvious Auba replacement, and Martinelli isn’t really suited to playing a wide role behind him (whereas he was a perfect replacement for Auba in the previous LF role).

It’s a bit frustrating as we obviously all want Martinelli to get more playing time. But the system we’re playing right now is the best our attack has looked all season and we’re not going to change that given every game ‘must win’ at the moment.

He definitely seems to rate Martinelli from all his comments in the past, so I wouldn’t be too concerned. He’s very young and has had awful luck with injuries. Give him time.
It's poor from Areteta. He needs to be building around Martinelli as he is the future...so evident too. He is on Saka's level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom