• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

“Predictable response from you. Crazy how Arteta hates Pepe and still plays him ahead of your Brazilian Shane Long.”

This is English, isn’t it? 🧐
And how is that defending Pepe? You anti-pepe-mob need to stop following me around the forum.

Breezy ®

And how is that defending Pepe? You anti-pepe-mob need to stop following me around the forum.

I have the gift of reading between the lines.

and I’m not following you around, stop being paranoid ffs.

BTW are you on Twitter, Facebook & Insta by any chance?! 🤔

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I have the gift of reading between the lines.

and I’m not following you around, stop being paranoid ffs.

BTW are you on Twitter, Facebook & Insta by any chance?! 🤔
Read wrong on this occasion I’m afraid, was just using Pepe to wind up Terry as he’s also part of the APM.

DM me, let’s exchange socials. 😇

Breezy ®

Read wrong on this occasion I’m afraid, was just using Pepe to wind up Terry as he’s also part of the APM.

DM me, let’s exchange socials. 😇

As am I using Pepe to wind you up my guy.

I’ll be honest watching Pepe play football winds me up something chronic.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

As am I using Pepe to wind you up my guy.

I’ll be honest watching Pepe play football winds me up something chronic.
He winds me up too, I’ve got more at stake haven’t I? 🤣

Personally I’m finding it hard to care about Arsenal, just waiting for Arteta to leave or for him to become the genius everyone seems to think he is.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
His support for Willian makes me sick, he said like 25 times how Willian improved in recent months, even though he didn't. A wishful cross that got converted by a sensational header from Gabriel, and he talks about him like we have Ronaldinho here.

I can't see atm what any of our forwards offer more than Martinelli, but the manager still makes him look like dogshit by playing him wide when the game is already dead.
Start him 3 games in row as a CF and see where that goes, won't be any worse than Laca, I promise

The idea that Martinelli is detrimental has to end. He may not be the most technical player, but he doesn't need to be to have more impact than other players when he is smarter and more active than most of them. He should have been integrated, mainly as a CF if Arteta still wants to keep his boring game plan, but he should have been integrated anyway.

What it looks like is that Arteta doesn't know how to do it anyway. Maybe his system doesn't have enough game data for Arteta to find out what Martinelli could bring to the team in a real game, so he prefers "secure" options like Lacazette, out of form Auba or Willian and even Pepe.
This is basically the new generation of cowardly and nerd managers that we have today, they need to feel that they control all events. Arteta even looks a robot sometimes and he is the type of coach (with his air of arrogance) that could have problem in the dressroom as well.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Seems we are intent on retraining him as a striker. Perhaps we will not see him in this role until next season. Considering how expensive a top striker is, surely we must consider him as an option?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Seems we are intent on retraining him as a striker. Perhaps we will not see him in this role until next season. Considering how expensive a top striker is, surely we must consider him as an option?
I think/hope that's the plan.

Lad will just have to bide his time. He's ahead of schedule, was only meant to be playing academy football last season anyway.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I think/hope that's the plan.

Lad will just have to bide his time. He's ahead of schedule, was only meant to be playing academy football last season anyway.
We'll know for sure if he gets subbed on for Laca for the rest of the season. Still cant see why he wouldn't be getting more game time if that really is the plan though.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Play him for rest of season give him 30 minutes at least he bring more on wings than Auba Willian combined.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not. A. Winger.

Like Auba you don’t want this player anywhere other than the final third.
It's hard to understand how so few people see that, including the manager.

The guy is rubbish as a winger, but it's a completely different story when he plays as a CF, his attributes are used so much better there.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He showed his poor first touch tonight but he's still a threat.

I can't get with poor technique in players though.

Not at Arsenal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He showed his poor first touch tonight but he's still a threat.

I can't get with poor technique in players though.

Not at Arsenal.
That can be told with all current Arsenal team just poor tacticans. But to excuse him he still developing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom