• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He came back in and he had an impact but there were still a lot of things that we had to work on with him," explains Arteta.

"He needs time. He is so willing and so anxious that it can block his development sometimes as well.

Sometimes he won't understand my decisions but the only reason I make those decisions is to help him, so that when he gets the chance to sprint, he can sprint, and when he falls, he goes again.

"I want a long run with him, not just a short one, and he's in a better place now."

Arteta will not be drawn on which specific areas of Martinelli's game still require improvement - "I cannot discuss that," he says with a grin - but he does divulge a need for greater maturity.

"There are a few things that have to be better and one of those is to manage when he doesn't play because this is part of your career, this is part of being at a top club and being a young player.

"You have to know how to suffer when you are on the bench and you are not selected and somebody else is playing. You have to be able to swallow that, all your ego and your anger, all your willingness to play the game, while also living in a different country.

"That's a big test and he's gone through that as well."

Giving Martinelli the Foden treatment.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!

Giving Martinelli the Foden treatment.
fvck of Arteta...you are not Wenger. Earn your stripes before thinking you know what is best for a potential world beater. How I wish Wenger had a chance to work with Martinelli.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
World beater?

These are world beaters:
Nah - I've seen Martinelli and he reminds me so much of Henry, Ronaldo Portuguese, and Suarez. Besides his talent - it is is drive that makes me think that the sky is the limit. I don't pay attention to the other two in inferior leagues until I see them in top leagues.

I've been an Arsenal supporter for the last 30 years, and I know when we have a special one. Think he special and will score 20 + goals next season. He has what Richarlison doesn't - actually skills to go with the drive.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Nah - I've seen Martinelli and he reminds me so much of Henry, Ronaldo Portuguese, and Suarez. Besides his talent - it is is drive that makes me think that the sky is the limit. I don't pay attention to the other two in inferior leagues until I see them in top leagues.

I've been an Arsenal supporter for the last 30 years, and I know when we have a special one. Think he special and will score 20 + goals next season. He has what Richarlison doesn't - actually skills to go with the drive.
League is not how you judge a player.

If you can run 100m within 11secs in the Brazilian league, you can run 100m within 11 secs in the PL.

If you are 2 metres tall and have a height advantage in the french league, you are going to have a height advantage in the PL.

If you have Ronaldinho’s skills in the French league, you are skillful enough in the PL.

That’s why I was always right in judging young players, I judge by their abilities, not the stats/league.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

And of course, you have to take into consideration of the leagues’ level in your judgement. But it is not a reason to doubt a players ability just because he is playing in that league.

For example, if he is speedy, you have to imagine him playing in the PL, would he be given the space to sprint the 100m?

Then you have to look at his close control ability. If his close control is good, he will be able to dribble through the defence and find his space to sprint in the PL. If he has poor touch his pace may then be useful in the Brazilian league but not in the PL.

And then you have to look at the average speed of Brazilian league players vs the PL players. If the player can run 100m in 11secs, and the Brazilian league players and PL players can run 12 and 13 secs respectively, then he will have an speed advantage in both leagues. If the Brazilian league players and PL players can run 12 and 10 secs respectively, he will have advantage over the Brazilian league but not in the PL.

My point is, judging by the fundamental ability of the player’s ability is always right.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
And of course, you have to take into consideration of the leagues’ level in your judgement. But it is not a reason to doubt a players ability just because he is playing in that league.

For example, if he is speedy, you have to imagine him playing in the PL, would he be given the space to sprint the 100m?

Then you have to look at his close control ability. If his close control is good, he will be able to dribble through the defence and find his space to sprint in the PL. If he has poor touch his pace may then be useful in the Brazilian league but not in the PL.

And then you have to look at the average speed of Brazilian league players vs the PL players. If the player can run 100m in 11secs, and the Brazilian league players and PL players can run 12 and 13 secs respectively, then he will have an speed advantage in both leagues. If the Brazilian league players and PL players can run 12 and 10 secs respectively, he will have advantage over the Brazilian league but not in the PL.

My point is, judging by the fundamental ability of the player’s ability is always right.
And also I don’t judge by stats.
1) Leagues are different to one another, so a player’s skill set may be good enough in one league but not in another league. So stats is not that meaningful.
2) Shxt like walcott in a good team will outperform Messi in a poor team in stats.
3) Stats is not always a good judgement of ability. If your central midfielder is doing nothing, but just waiting in the opponent box to score goals all the time, he will have good goal scoring stats, but it just mean poor decision making to me, and I don’t see and midfielders’ quality in him.

Again, my point is, when judging a player, just look at the player’s ability, and question yourself if he can apply them in the PL.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Ronaldo?Suarez? I never saw Martinelli do amazing stuff like this:

Dont get me wrong, I do rate Martinelli and can see him developing into a good player. It’s just that he is way too overhyped at the moment.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Better up front alone or in a freer roaming role up front. He looked better after Laca went off but the rest of the team was unbalanced. The best thing is that he's looking fitter, sharper and stronger. Still very raw though and needs regular minutes and close coaching. He should be on the phone to Wrighty every day.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Unlikely today, without confidence and out of form Martinelli today. Still two big chances created for others, two big chances created (and missed) by himself.
4 shots, 2 key passes, 4 dribbles completed (out of 4) and +90% passing accuracy, also if Nketiah wasn't there for the tap in, Martinelli would score that goal.

Yes, but acc Arsenal-Mania the ones of ESR and Saka were way better because they are Arteta players, both being way less dangerous in the last third of the pitch.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Miky will probably need 5 years to learn that Gabi is a much better CF, but it's something worth waiting for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom