• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
STFU ffs lol. What’s gone wrong with you? You have this anti youth thing?

He’s looked good for a while, showed flashes, worked his backside off, but hasn’t been given a run to get into his groove again.

You've stated that he wasn't all that talented/promising and probably wouldn't make it here.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
He didn’t look good when playing out wide. Also didn’t look like he had an amazing skill set, not sure he’s the Brazilian wonder boy that some make out, just like I didn’t think Saliba was the new Rio Ferdinand like some on here made out.

Martinelli has showed effort, athleticism and good finishing. Not much more.

Yeah..

GDeep™

League is very weak
You've stated that he wasn't all that talented/promising and probably wouldn't make it here.
Early on i didn’t think he was as good as some were making out. Been on board for a while now though, even though i still don’t think he’s a Brazilian superstar or anything, more closer to an Alexis level/type player.

Young players are a gamble/risk, until they play you never know. This was a transition type season, Arteta could’ve played them and seen who was good enough and who wasn’t, he instead mainly banked on older guys and we still stayed midtable all season and playing horrible football.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What’s wrong with that? Again, even now above I just said I don’t think he’s a Brazilian superstar.

But like before he’s showed work rate, hunger, end product in recent works.

I’m consistent in my posts here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I remember that post. Im sure I quoted it and bashed him a few posts after it. And here he is telling me Im nuts because I dare say he's been a bit of a disappointment this season 👀
Got more goals than your ex chav Brazilian BF.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Early on i didn’t think he was as good as some were making out. Been on board for a while now though, even though i still don’t think he’s a Brazilian superstar or anything, more closer to an Alexis level/type player.

Alexis is not a Brazilian, but he was def a superstar.

Alexis is also a two-time American champion with Chile.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Alexis is a good call. I was thinking he reminded me of Rooney in that he in an explosive type player and he presses like a madman. Nowhere near as talented as Rooney which is not a slur as I’ve only seen 3-4 teenagers more talented than Rooney in my life. There is a hell of a lot to work with in Martinelli no reason why he doesn’t become a top PL player. The next manager hopefully will realize it.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

People have cried incessantly about his absences, but the cold hard truth is he simply hasn't done enough since he's returned from injury. He hasn't taken his chances. He's had a **** reintroduction and it's gutting.
:lol:

He’s definitely overrated by the fanbase (key word overrated not bad), but I’m not sure what chances you’re referring to, he’s been feeding off scraps. Contender for MOTM against Newcastle too.

There’s literally no good reason for his lack of minutes since his return really.

HaffBR

Alexis is a good call. I was thinking he reminded me of Rooney in that he in an explosive type player and he presses like a madman. Nowhere near as talented as Rooney which is not a slur as I’ve only seen 3-4 teenagers more talented than Rooney in my life. There is a hell of a lot to work with in Martinelli no reason why he doesn’t become a top PL player. The next manager hopefully will realize it.

Alexis was just as good as Rooney at his peak imo as he was TOP10 in the world between 2013-2017. Rooney was a early peak player, peaked as a TOP10 between 2007-2011.

1*3elov287h_8BCEedt3yRXw.png

I also think Martinelli is more like Sanchez than Rooney in his style, not sure if can reach the level of the chilean, but let's see.

PD: I agree, btw, that he had to do a lot of work to improve things, but if still raw he can make impact, that means that his ceiling is high if can correct and optimize certain areas of his game, while there are a lot of teenagens already looking finished products.

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:lol:

He’s definitely overrated by the fanbase (key word overrated not bad), but I’m not sure what chances you’re referring to, he’s been feeding off scraps. Contender for MOTM against Newcastle too.

There’s literally no good reason for his lack of minutes since his return really.
Who does he deserve to get a run of games over?

Rattata

People forget how good Martinelli was in his few games last season. There is a reason Klopp called him a "talent of the century" and Ronaldinho compared him to the brazilian Ronaldo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Alexis was just as good as Rooney at his peak imo as he was TOP10 in the world between 2013-2017. Rooney was a early peak player, peaked as a TOP10 between 2007-2011.

1*3elov287h_8BCEedt3yRXw.png

I also think Martinelli is more like Sanchez than Rooney in his style, not sure if can reach the level of the chilean, but let's see.

PD: I agree, btw, that he had to do a lot of work to improve things, but if still raw he can make impact, that means that his ceiling is high if can correct and optimize certain areas of his game, while there are a lot of teenagens already looking finished products.

Am I misunderstanding this but is that saying Cristiano wasn’t as good as a 21 year old, Owen and Kluivert? :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

He is rated below ESR and Saka (and even below bums like Pepe), how is he overrated then?
The crying for him to play is a bit much (not just on here).

Also the type of player people accuse Auba of being, I feel applies more to Martinelli. Technique wise, Martinelli can’t even speak to Pepe really, he definitely isn’t the player the fanbase think he is.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Who does he deserve to get a run of games over?
To me personally, currently no one.

Upfront whilst Auba was recovering from malaria but I don’t even wanna see Martinelli anywhere other than CF anyways. Villarreal first leg he definitely should have started upfront over ESR.

There were so many dead rubber prem matches he could have played if we are honest.

HaffBR

People forget how good Martinelli was in his few games last season. There is a reason Klopp called him a "talent of the century" and Ronaldinho compared him to the brazilian Ronaldo.

He underperforming a lot his xG too, last season it was different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom