• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
The crying for him to play is a bit much (not just on here).

Also the type of player people accuse Auba of being, I feel applies more to Martinelli. Technique wise, Martinelli can’t even speak to Pepe really, he definitely isn’t the player the fanbase think he is.

Arsenal when Pepe is on the pitch:
21.2 xG for
23.4 xG against

It seems at first sight that all Pepe technique (overrated technique), isn't helping him to elevate Arsenal exactly.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal when Pepe is on the pitch:
21.2 xG for
23.4 xG against

It seems at first sight that all Pepe technique (overrated technique), isn't helping him to elevate Arsenal exactly.
Nonsense post, but this isn’t even the place for Pepe stuff anyways, but if it makes you feel better Pepe is the worst player at Arsenal ok? so let’s move on.

Martinelli is a good workhorse forward who tries hard and can finish. He’s far from the player most of the fans think he is, but it is a bit perplexing as to why Arteta hasn’t taken a liking to him given his attributes.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
1*3elov287h_8BCEedt3yRXw.png
I'm sorry but this is one of the most ridiculous graphics I've seen here.

Just throwing names randomly in the pyramid tiers :lol:

HaffBR

Nonsense post, but this isn’t even the place for Pepe stuff anyways, but if it makes you feel better Pepe is the worst player at Arsenal ok? so let’s move on.

Martinelli is a good workhorse forward who tries hard and can finish. He’s far from the player most of the fans think he is, but it is a bit perplexing as to why Arteta hasn’t taken a liking to him given his attributes.

Nonsense because you can't counter the facts. The so called "technique" thing is overrated or Pepé's technique is overrated, a bit of both is my guess. Dribbling in circles is not a good thing.
Btw, I don't care about what Arteta think. I think he is a below average young manager at his best, with very suspicious man management, with no charisma, and that the style he wants to play is generic and very mechanical.

Point is: Martinelli can't be overrated because most Arsenal's fans thinks he is inferior to the ones of Pepe, ESR and Saka. Just a few thinks he is better or has higher ceiling than these players.

Between ESR, Saka, Martinelli, Balogun, Nketiah, Nelson etc... Martinelli can be the worst rated player by the own Arsenal fans. Surely below the ones of ESR, Saka and probably below Nelson and Balogun too. Many would think he doesn't deserve more game time. How in the world can he be overrated then?

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Nonsense because you can't counter the facts.
:lol: what facts? you need to learn to stop using data irresponsibly.

That pyramid you dropped is looking homemade and I don’t even know what point you are making to be honest. Why is ESR/Pepe etc even mentioned?

HaffBR

:lol: what facts? you need to learn to stop using data irresponsibly.

That pyramid you dropped is looking homemade and I don’t even know what point you are making to be honest. Why is ESR/Pepe etc even mentioned?

Calm down your head, to Martinelli be overrated, he needs to be compared positively to someone, right? or not?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Calm down your head, to Martinelli be overrated, he needs to be compared positively to someone, right? or not?
Not necessarily, overrated could just mean rated higher than what he can actually produce, it doesn’t have to mean he is bad or a direct comparison with anybody.

Martinelli is a good and exciting young player, but he is also a teenager and not a prodigious one. Me calling him overrated is more about some fans acting like him starting every week is life and death when it’s not. Not complicated.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
People forget how good Martinelli was in his few games last season. There is a reason Klopp called him a "talent of the century" and Ronaldinho compared him to the brazilian Ronaldo.
On the contrary--that is the player and performances of such promise that I'm comparing him to. From what I remember, he 's missed a lot of chances to score and those were opportunities to not only get more game time, but also to level up and get some confidence.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It’s mental.

I mean Martial and Pato on the same level as Robben, Muller and Anelka. Meanwhile Sancho and Kluivert above Luis Suarez, Neymar, Aguero and Cristiano.

What? :lol:
Gotze must have blagged it.

Also, I'm not a fan of the more recent Özil as you may be aware, but he's in some suspect company there 🥴

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
My experience in criminal profiling tells me it's a 14 year old German CRonaldo lover who hates Özil because he wasn't old enough to appreciate him at his best. He's related to Gotze as well.

HaffBR

Not necessarily, overrated could just mean rated higher than what he can actually produce, it doesn’t have to mean he is bad or a direct comparison with anybody.

Martinelli is a good and exciting young player, but he is also a teenager and not a prodigious one. Me calling him overrated is more about some fans acting like him starting every week is life and death when it’s not. Not complicated.

What I see... youngsters are usually overrated, but you particularized Martinelli's case, don't know why. Just very few or tiny minority thinks he is sometype of Arsenal's saviour or a World Class player already or that he would be a Ballon d'Or at any point, most fans think Martinelli is very raw, not good enough to play LW, that Pepe/Saka/Auba deserves to start instead of him, he needs more years to develop into a Arsenal decent player, that Rooney was way better than him at the same age, that Cherki (Lyon) and even Kayky (hired by City) are generational talent and he is not and so on.

HaffBR

LWF please. He was being good at wing (or at least impactful) and he has the idea of what is to play there, since it is his natural position. CF he looks a lot more isolated and marginal to the build up.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Alexis was just as good as Rooney at his peak imo as he was TOP10 in the world between 2013-2017. Rooney was a early peak player, peaked as a TOP10 between 2007-2011.

1*3elov287h_8BCEedt3yRXw.png

I also think Martinelli is more like Sanchez than Rooney in his style, not sure if can reach the level of the chilean, but let's see.

PD: I agree, btw, that he had to do a lot of work to improve things, but if still raw he can make impact, that means that his ceiling is high if can correct and optimize certain areas of his game, while there are a lot of teenagens already looking finished products.

Potentially the worst graphic ever posted on a football forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom