• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli: Top Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
@Barry

In the top 20% of forwards according to stats in 1200 Premier League minutes *hardest league in the world", showing good levels in his last ~600 minutes. Not as bad as people may think here. Needs to play more this season. In fact he needs more minutes to improve as a player.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Best person to win an Olympic gold medal since 1996, it's true...

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He’s just turned 20 as well a couple of months ago. He should be a key player for us this season enough with the bench stuff. If Auba decides to down tools again he should be in to the starting spot.

HaffBR

Why was he not in the squad for the final?

Because there are other players more integrated in the Brazilian Youth squad such as Paulinho, Antony etc. I do think Martinelli is better than them, even compared to Richarlison, but with no minutes he can't be a starter on the U23 Brazil's side.
He needs to play much more (if not for Arsenal, for another club) to make part the Brazil's 2022 squad.

HaffBR

He’s just turned 20 as well a couple of months ago. He should be a key player for us this season enough with the bench stuff. If Auba decides to down tools again he should be in to the starting spot.

Arteta will not line up Martinelli, ESR and Saka, few managers will start with these three 20-year-old players together, especially Arteta who follows the arts and rules as they are in the book. And Arsenal already have their favourites, Saka and ESR. I think the best thing for Martinelli is to see how many minutes he will have until the middle of the season (if it is less than lets say 50%), if it's mediocrity, it would be better for him to ask for a transfer, loan something.

Better be a Guendouzi, a Willock than be a Gabriel Jesus or a Reiss Nelson of life.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Well he has rushed back to London 👍.
Lets hope he can have a really good season.

I hope he can get minutes but if we are playing 4231 & have Auba, ESR, Saka & Pepe competing for the '3' (I am excluding that old Brazillian bloke & Nelson) I doubt he will start any of the early games unless we have injuries.

Obviously he is also an option at CF.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Arteta will not line up Martinelli, ESR and Saka, few managers will start with these three 20-year-old players together, especially Arteta who follows the arts and rules as they are in the book. And Arsenal already have their favourites, Saka and ESR. I think the best thing for Martinelli is to see how many minutes he will have until the middle of the season (if it is less than lets say 50%), if it's mediocrity, it would be better for him to ask for a transfer, loan something.

Better be a Guendouzi, a Willock than be a Gabriel Jesus or a Reiss Nelson of life.
Age shouldn’t matter. Martinelli will be in his 3rd season here and he’s behind 2 strikers who are either in awful form or can’t do it anymore. He will fancy his chances to break through just like ESR who took advantage of having rubbish ahead of him to fast track himself into the first 11. Where others see an unfair burden on young players I see a rare opportunity for them to establish themselves as first team players, something which wouldn’t happen if we were run properly. I don’t think he needs to play every game either he just needs continuous improvement this season and he will be a nailed on starter by next season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we don't sign a new striker this summer, then this guy should be given a hell of a lot more minutes.

Laca and Eddie won't be here much longer, we need to try and play someone who will be here next season.

Martinelli has shown promise, don't **** this up Mikel!

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
He is serious about his career … and not wasting time. Nelson could learn a lot from someone like Martinelli especially in terms of focus and attitude.
I think Reiss has been a bit unlucky tbf.
However you must have total respect for a a kid like Gabi.
I actually think Reiss has/had more ability but Gabi has more chance to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom