• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Sao Paulo league? Which tier is this?

It's a either the São Paulo Junior league, a huge u-18ish tournament that happens every year or the São Paulo State Tournament that just wraped up.

As far as State Tourney goes, it's likely the one with most quality, with a lot of teams from Brazilian Serie A and B (unlike Rio's with 4 Serie A teams and a bunch of Serie D ones.)

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
It's a either the São Paulo Junior league, a huge u-18ish tournament that happens every year or the São Paulo State Tournament that just wraped up.

As far as State Tourney goes, it's likely the one with most quality, with a lot of teams from Brazilian Serie A and B (unlike Rio's with 4 Serie A teams and a bunch of Serie D ones.)

It was the state tournament. He got 6 goals and 3 assists in 14 games.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Looking forward to see what he can bring to our team next season.

Though if I were a youth team prospect, I'd be quite disheartenrd to see our club go all the way to South America to recruit players when all the lads at Hale End are just looking to impress.

anything to do with Edu this transfer?

Doubt it. It has more to do with that we try every now and then to get some South-American talents to convince our fans we are looking there but we don't have money or politics for the real and the best talents so we just buy some crap there for cheap and think everyone is happy bar the kids because they will be shipped around the Europe having to live alone until we cut the ties and leave them out for the dry.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why do you hope that?
check his profile for the answer :p

Doubt it. It has more to do with that we try every now and then to get some South-American talents to convince our fans we are looking there but we don't have money or politics for the real and the best talents so we just buy some crap there for cheap and think everyone is happy bar the kids because they will be shipped around the Europe having to live alone until we cut the ties and leave them out for the dry.
With you one this. All the South American talents go straight from the womb to either Italy or Spain. Their destiny is decided as soon as the talent is discovered.

It is like being a pretty girl in India. They know they're gonna marry into a rich family, move abroad and return after 50 years to some uber-posh gated community.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
bla bla

Miracetti

check his profile for the answer :p

With you one this. All the South American talents go straight from the womb to either Italy or Spain. Their destiny is decided as soon as the talent is discovered.

It is like being a pretty girl in India. They know they're gonna marry into a rich family, move abroad and return after 50 years to some uber-posh gated community.
The reason why players like Dybala and Martinelli do not go straight to some spanish giant is the same: both played for small/irrelevant clubs without any media hype. Until few months ago nobody knew about Martinelli in Brazil. I could be wrong but i doubt Martinelli was even in the nt U-17. Nobody knew him. His club only have football in the first 5 months every year.

Its impossible to predict if a player coming from South America can replicate his level in europe because the difference in level is huge these days. But i think people here suspecting he is not among the best young players because he is not going to Madrid or Barca are too fast to take conclusions. His performances at 17 years are significantly better than Neymar at same age, same league.

simonreq

The reason why players like Dybala and Martinelli do not go straight to some spanish giant is the same: both played for small/irrelevant clubs without any media hype. Until few months ago nobody knew about Martinelli in Brazil. I could be wrong but i doubt Martinelli was even in the nt U-17. Nobody knew him. His club only have football in the first 5 months every year.

Its impossible to predict if a player coming from South America can replicate his level in europe because the difference in level is huge these days. But i think people here suspecting he is not among the best young players because he is not going to Madrid or Barca are too fast to take conclusions. His performances at 17 years are significantly better than Neymar at same age, same league.

The stuff we're telling ourselves on this board, is absolutely unreal sometimes.

10 years ago, when Neymar was 17, he had scored 10 goals and made 7 assists in 33 games. Fast forward one year, and he scored 17 goals and made 9 assistst.. In Serie A - Brazil's Premier League

simonreq

And regarding Dybala; He didn't come to Europe as hyped up player. He was in Palermo for 3 seasons before being bought by Juve( one of those in Serie B). Only setting the league on fire during his 14/15 season.

Edit: My bad on Dybala, didnt read your text properly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom