• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Martinelli

Status
Not open for further replies.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Found a nice compilation of his highlights from the Paulista.

I think we’ll announce it once he turns 18.
the way he shifts his weight is nice. lots of ankle breakers in there.

Will probably be a direct competitor to Iwobi.

Let's play Aubamawang

Seeing Gabriel and Paulista in the same sentence sends chills down my spine.
To be fair, according to Gabriel himself, it was everyone else's fault for not sticking with him through all his poor performances. I remember him looking great in his first few games, then he got the Bouldied and the rest, as they say, is history.

Look forward to this Martinelli kid joining though. I know it's not the first young Brazilian we've signed, but this one seems to have a bit of stardust in him. Fingers crossed.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Should be a cracking player in 4 years when he’s banging in the goals for Real Madrid at 21 years old.

FluffyDoozi

Should be a cracking player in 4 years when he’s banging in the goals for Real Madrid at 21 years old.
For probably 150 million. I've always wondered why we never go for Brazilian talents, even those we can afford and can get permits like Richarlison. It's almost guaranteed that if they become even just decent, Real or most likely Barca would pay obscene amounts for them. Just look at Barcas chase for ****ing Willian the last 2 windows.

Will never understand their weird obsession for Brazilians.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
From these videos I can't see anything special in this player. His pace will be easily matched by PL defenders and on videos he is completely reliant on superior pace to create chances.
It's a small risk transfer though, could be well worth it if he develops his game further.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From these videos I can't see anything special in this player. His pace will be easily matched by PL defenders and on videos he is completely reliant on superior pace to create chances.
It's a small risk transfer though, could be well worth it if he develops his game further.

Premier league defenders are stronger and are better defensively. They aren't necessarily quicker. If he is leaving players for dead in Brazil. He is probably capable of doing it in the Premier league. He just won't be able to do multiple players.

We have Amaechi, a right winger who is 18. Saka who seems more comfortable on the left and doesn't turn 18 till later in the year and Nelson who will be 20 this year.

That's 3 academy players who we simply must develop this season. I wouldn't say Martinelli is a level above any of those and he is roughly the same age as them.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
That's 3 academy players who we simply must develop this season. I wouldn't say Martinelli is a level above any of those and he is roughly the same age as them.
Based on videos he doesn't look better than them and usually players at least look great on their Youtube compilations. If we are willing to pay 6m knowing that we have the same type of players in academy, then I guess he has something more than what we can see on video.

Amaechi is likely to be going next year. It's hard to see him getting a proper chance with us and he still didn't sign the contract. We just need to make sure that we stay in a good relation with him in case of his potential future comeback.

Miracetti

Premier league defenders are stronger and are better defensively. They aren't necessarily quicker. If he is leaving players for dead in Brazil. He is probably capable of doing it in the Premier league. He just won't be able to do multiple players.

We have Amaechi, a right winger who is 18. Saka who seems more comfortable on the left and doesn't turn 18 till later in the year and Nelson who will be 20 this year.

Yes i dont think EPL players are faster. The intensity of the games is higher because the temperatures in general are 30o Celsius lower in England in those matches. Majority of Brazilian full backs/wingers are very fast.

I think the sample we have with Martinelli is too small to take conclusions. He did not play in the Brazilian Serie A yet. I will not compare with Arsenal U-20 players as some are doing because Martinelli is playing in the professional and Sao Paulo state league have 4 clubs that are multiple times national/libertadores/world champions and we can see he did better than players from those clubs appart maybe from Antony from Sao Paulo.

As i said its impossible to predict if those young players from South America can keep their level in europe these days. He should go to Spain imo.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Yes i dont think EPL players are faster. The intensity of the games is higher because the temperatures in general are 30o Celsius lower in England in those matches. Majority of Brazilian full backs/wingers are very fast.

Damn. I'm not sure if it's unbelievably hot in Brazil or unbelievably cold in England, but water boils at 100 degrees celsius and absolute zero is -273.15 celsius. Whew!

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
so he'll cost same amount as Guendouzi i think we'll loan him or play for u23 if he not in Emery plans yet.

Is he even going to get a work permit? As far as I can tell he's never played in a Brazilian U side, and Ituano aren't even playing Seria A or B, but in regional/local sort of tournaments/leagues.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Is he even going to get a work permit? As far as I can tell he's never played in a Brazilian U side, and Ituano aren't even playing Seria A or B, but in regional/local sort of tournaments/leagues.
He qualifies for an Italian passport through his father.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He qualifies for an Italian passport through his father.

If he doesn't already have one, I hope that gets fast tracked so he can settle in next season in the U23. Don't think he'll be a factor in the first team, but it would still be important to get him settled at Arsenal.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
If he doesn't already have one, I hope that gets fast tracked so he can settle in next season in the U23. Don't think he'll be a factor in the first team, but it would still be important to get him settled at Arsenal.
I think he'll qualify when he turns 18 later on this month, so hopefully he can make it for the pre-season tour at least.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I dont think there is already a plan for him, if he is u21, u23, first team or even a loan
the only plan probably is to take him for a preseason and see where he is at

similar as Matteo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom