• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista: No Entiendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
When he got a run in last year and today he was absolutely fantastic. I love his passion for the game, we need more passion in this team and i think he and xhaka have that in abundance.

I will leave this here, he absolutely followed good ol Pacino yesterday.

No he wasn't. Why do people feel such a need to rewrite history whenever somebody has a good or bad game?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If you move to any country, you learn the language. He can afford the best Portuguese to English teacher in London.

Some people just never learn the language. When I was teaching, I had my share of students who, despite studying a lot, were retaking the beginners book from the school I taught at for the umpteenth time.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
No he wasn't. Why do people feel such a need to rewrite history whenever somebody has a good or bad game?
Yeah, Gabriel was first choice during the worst run of the season:
ZQ1VZ4L.jpg

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah, Gabriel was first choice during the worst run of the season:
ZQ1VZ4L.jpg

Yup. Remember him being at fault for both the Rashford goals, bullied by Carroll at West Ham. He was also pretty awful at the start of the season- Olympiacos, Bayern, stupid red card against Chelsea.

He's looked horrendous most of his Arsenal career. No point denying it; it made that performance yesterday even better for me.

mm76

Yer Da
Yup. Remember him being at fault for both the Rashford goals, bullied by Carroll at West Ham. He was also pretty awful at the start of the season- Olympiacos, Bayern, stupid red card against Chelsea.

He's looked horrendous most of his Arsenal career. No point denying it; it made that performance yesterday even better for me.

he's been much improved ever since he came on for Kos against Citeh

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
he was good, he got injured.
he is quality, embrace the reality.
stop leaving in a matrix.
its boring.
snap out of it.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I can't remember a post I made where a friend of mine said something along the lines of "Gabriel waits for you to forget he's **** and then has a horrible game".

If he's doing it again...:lol:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel has had two decent games when we switched to a back three, but isn't that kind of the problem?

Right now Kos seems to be the only defender that can organize our defense. Each time he's gone down injured and Gabriel has come in our team has looked so much worse. With a back three he doesn't have to organize as much and he has defensive cover in the middle of the field.

He looks better in a back three because he hardly has to do any of the stuff that he's bad at and he has Kos to clean up after him. Instead he can just focus on tackling, which he's good at, but he hasn't gotten better in the slightest.

Against Man City, he had one of his best games in a long, long time, but I wouldn't say he performed any better than Holding. And Holding is better on the ball too.

Today against LCFC, he played well, and made a good tackle to stop Okazaki, but did he play better than Monreal? Nope.

Does anyone think that he should start over a fit Mustafi? I doubt it.

Gabriel is still the average defender who isn't good enough to start when everyone's fit. We now just play with a formation that covers up his weaknesses. Our coaching got slightly better, but Gabriel definitely didn't.

Frankly, I hope these performances convince some other club to buy him, and we sell him for a good profit this summer. I don't think that Gabriel can get much better, so we should cash in on him when we have the chance. Holding is ready to step up, and he has tons of potential.

Hyruga

Gabriel has had two decent games when we switched to a back three, but isn't that kind of the problem?

Right now Kos seems to be the only defender that can organize our defense. Each time he's gone down injured and Gabriel has come in our team has looked so much worse. With a back three he doesn't have to organize as much and he has defensive cover in the middle of the field.

Gabriel did well against Man City in league. Man city was leading 2-1 at half time and gabriel came on for Kos at half time. Arsenal did not concede after half time.

Token Yank

Gabriel was better than Holding vs City.

Also, Gabriel has been better than Mustafi this season after Mustafi came back from injury.

Holding is very good on the ball, but let's not sell Gabriel short. He has improved vastly and is pretty damn good too.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

The Brazilian psycho struggles a little bit in aerial duels, but he is a great last ditch defender and therefore benefits from this system; as he is well protected and thus does most of his defending closer to the goalmouth.

He saved us the win tonight with that tackle at the end. And watching him punch Monreal repeatedly on the head after he scored was funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom