• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Paulista (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
A lot has changed since then in Chambers' favor. The issue with him wasn't lack of ability, but rather lack of experience. He didn't play often enough in a cycle that made him a risk to play, and when he did, it wasn't always at CB. Now however, he has had a full season at the top level where he was only hindered by an injury in the middle of the season. This summer, he was chosen ahead of the likes of Holding for the U21s which is assurance of his quality and is sure to give him a good boost in confidence.

Gabriel meanwhile has mostly rotted on the bench, and it is unlikely his experience has come into play off the pitch. I don't dislike him by any means, but his sale doesn't bother me in the slightest.

A lot has changed in Chambers' favour since he was left out of the squad against Leicester last Friday? o_O:confused:

Arsenal are clearly trying to sell Chambers.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

From your article.

'I was extremely lucky with my career and I want to finish on a high. I am motivated, but I cannot play every three days any more. I don't want to stretch my luck.
The one sentence that is contradictory to every other thing he said in the article. Ok.

You tried having a go at me about context and you've gone and done that?! Again, lead by example.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

****s sake, my boy @Trilly getting roasted. Want to help, but as they say, it's about how many hits you can take and still come back.
It's alright man, it's gonna take a lot more than this to stop me. I'll just patiently wait for the overrated Chambers and unproven Holding to show themselves up.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Well if you agree that he's not very good, then what use is that experience?
Because at the end of the day I'm always going to take the experienced average guy over the young kids who I'm not sure are even good.

Gabriel had a strange pattern where he would be good for a few games then have a shocker. Holding and Chambers are even more inconsistent.

Aevi

Hale End FC
A lot has changed in Chambers' favour since he was left out of the squad against Leicester last Friday? o_O:confused:

Arsenal are clearly trying to sell Chambers.
No, since the 2015/16 season.

I'm not necessarily saying Chambers is about to grab a starting spot here, but we aren't losing anything by bringing him in over Gabriel. I also reckon our CB situation is fine anyways, I'd prefer a CM.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

I'm not necessarily saying Chambers is about to grab a starting spot here, but we aren't losing anything by bringing him in over Gabriel. I also reckon our CB situation is fine anyways, I'd prefer a CM.

We aren't winning anything either.

burnsjed

Established Member
The one sentence that is contradictory to every other thing he said in the article. Ok.

What is really sad was you didn't even need to take things out of context to start with to make your point.
We are talking about a player who only played once last season and is currently unavailable for selection due to injuiry, there you go.

But you had to take a quote made after the euphoria of winning the 2014 World Cup, the single biggest achievement for any football player, and the difficulty of motivating yourself after such a high when returning to normal life against teams like Crystal Palace.

I am quite sure you are fully aware that sportsman in all fields of sport, have expressed similar feelings after winning a major event in their given sport and then had to compete in a regular event.

You took that and reworked it as a current and continuous frame of mind, as opposed to what it was, a moment in time.

To support that you linked an article from the Daily Mail (seriously), where he spoke about having thoughts of retirement after struggling through a season where he has been unable to play, due to a knee injury.

This was enough for you to conclude that it made you think he still had a motivation issue.
The issue was that very article debunked your 'thinking' as he says quite clearly he is motivated, though you are going to conveniently ignore that and make your own conclusions because it doesn't suit you original narrative.

Unfortunately I know that you will continue to argue and rework your narrative, as that is all we seem to get these days.
Someone makes an inaccurate or out of text comment, gets called out (not attacked, how bloody precious are you) but just digs in deeper and is unwilling to accept they may not be right.
Anyway, I'm done with this, it's not as if I even think Per is going to be the answer of any defensive woes this season, just sick and tired of the quality of posting that goes on here.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Because at the end of the day I'm always going to take the experienced average guy over the young kids who I'm not sure are even good.

Gabriel had a strange pattern where he would be good for a few games then have a shocker. Holding and Chambers are even more inconsistent.
In which case you're winning easily my friend.
Would that actually prove much though? I'd argue Gabriel would also have poor moments if he were playing games, he's had his fair share of headless moments. I don't trust him in big games, he has let us down many times when playing them. Chambers and Holding however can surprise you. The 3 at the back formation should help them loads as well when Per or Kosc are back to take the central role.

Rocky

Both myself and the original post you replied to pointed out he was left out of the squad for the Leicester game despite Arsenal being very short at CB.

It's just obvious that Arsenal are trying to sell him. It is well known they were trying to negotiate with Crystal Palace but couldn't agree a fee.

Aevi

Hale End FC
We aren't winning anything either.
We were one of the best sides defensively in 2015/16 iirc, these things change. 3 at the back should help for one thing once the right personnel is back.

And for the other side of the argument, we haven't won what we wanted with Gabriel here either. At least the formula changes with him gone.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Both myself and the original post you replied to pointed out he was left out of the squad for the Leicester game despite Arsenal being very short at CB.

It's just obvious that Arsenal are trying to sell him. It is well known they were trying to negotiate with Crystal Palace but couldn't agree a fee.
I'm not disputing that.

It seems that the club has been looking to thin out the crowd at CB, and if only one is on the way out, I have no issue with it being Gabriel instead of Chambers because I rate the latter. That is all. If the club takes initiative and moves Chambers on as well (hopefully with a buy back clause) to replace him with a more established player, you won't catch me complaining though.

Rocky

I'm not disputing that.

It seems that the club has been looking to thin out the crowd at CB, and if only one is on the way out, I have no issue with it being Gabriel instead of Chambers because I rate the latter. That is all. If the club takes initiative and moves Chambers on as well (hopefully with a buy back clause) to replace him with a more established player, you won't catch me complaining though.

Yeah, I'm just saying that I'm very confident it isn't a case of 1 out of the 2. They're both going. If there was any chance of Chambers staying he'd have been in the squad for Leicester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom