• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I keep forgetting Trent is an option for England because he pretty much never plays for them šŸ˜…

I can understand not playing him at right back (him and Maguire in a back 4 would be hilarious defensively can't lie!) but I am surprised Southgate has never consistently tried him in midfield, tbh.

Alaba use to play defence for Bayern and then midfield for Austria, it doesn't take an elite coach to do something like that ffs... England really should be trying everything to get him into the team.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

I keep forgetting Trent is an option for England because he pretty much never plays for them šŸ˜…

I can understand not playing him at right back (him and Maguire in a back 4 would be hilarious defensively can't lie!) but I am surprised Southgate has never consistently tried him in midfield, tbh.

Alaba use to play defence for Bayern and then midfield for Austria, it doesn't take an elite coach to do something like that ffs... England really should be trying everything to get him into the team.
Southgate had the balls to say ā€œI donā€™t like to play guys in positions they donā€™t play for their clubā€

Pretty much confirmed that he canā€™t actually coach or do anything that requires a semblance of managerial skill. :lol:

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

People here **** on him a fair amount. But he's a great player and should be worked into the England set up for sure

2Smokeyy

5.0 ā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļøā­ļø (49)
Trusted ā­

He's not my goat, I just think he's a top player.

This seems to have bothered many for some reason.

In all honesty I think he might cause Kiwior a few problems on the weekend if he starts on the RW as it favours him in cutting in but if he doesnā€™t then get ready for everyone tagging you at FT šŸ˜­

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I'll put this here also. No wonder he took Mainoo in so very early.

Or why he has kept starting Maguire, trying to rescue his career, when everyone knows he isn't a top defender and is way too slow for top football.
Southgate grew up as a huge Manchester United fan. However, itā€™s unclear if he still supports the Red Devils. The England manager idolised Bryan Robson as a kid and wanted to follow in the legendary midfielderā€™s footsteps.

Southgate wrote about his early Manchester United fandom in his bestselling book, Anything Is Possible, available on Amazon.
ā€œI supported Manchester United, and experienced the excitement of following my team from one season to the next,ā€ Southgate wrote in his book. ā€œI also had a taste of heartbreak when they lost to Southampton in the FA Cup final one year, and ended up bawling my eyes out.ā€

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ā­

Just saw the England line up, why not play Ramsdale in goal? Does Pickford really have to play this one?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Fun to support England again, absolutely hated them from 2006-2020 (minus a little period in the middle when Wilshere and Walcott were playing) good to get some Gooners back in the team!

Looking back it's still weird how they haven't won anything since 1966 especially with some of the players you have had, real waste of some squads here and there.

Thinking about Euro 2004 and World Cup 2006 (the last time yous were pretty good) I can't believe England actually played Beckham-Lampard-Gerrard-Scholes/Joe Cole as your midfield 4 and expected to win...it's like what a kid would do on Pro Evo and FIFA ffs, all the attacking players and zero defensive awareness šŸ¤£

France were playing Vieira-Makelele, Italy going with Pirlo-Gattuso, etc...no wonder you kept getting beaten in the big games with your set up with two attacking 8s as your pivot!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ā­

In all honesty I think he might cause Kiwior a few problems on the weekend if he starts on the RW as it favours him in cutting in but if he doesnā€™t then get ready for everyone tagging you at FT šŸ˜­
I'll just tell them to suck their mothers, not sure why it's always my opinions that get put under the microscope. Didn't even say he was better than Saka so not sure why these weirdos get so funny about it.

I think he's actually manageable on the RW as he's not the most athletic or good at crossing. If he's played centrally or on the left with license to cut in that's where he could cause us problems imo.

avenellroad

John Radfordā€™s son
How has Curtis Jones not had a chance yet in the England midfield? Heā€™s had a stellar season for Liverpool yet has been constantly overlooked by Southgate.

I know heā€™s injured at the moment but he should be in the running for a place in the squad if he comes back and finishes the season strongly. Has a nice blend of defensive awareness, technique and ability to get past players. Would much rather he be included than Mainoo for who this tournament is slightly early

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy šŸ«¶
Trusted ā­

How has Curtis Jones not had a chance yet in the England midfield? Heā€™s had a stellar season for Liverpool yet has been constantly overlooked by Southgate.

I know heā€™s injured at the moment but he should be in the running for a place in the squad if he comes back and finishes the season strongly. Has a nice blend of defensive awareness, technique and ability to get past players. Would much rather he be included than Mainoo for who this tournament is slightly early

They play different roles.

GDeepā„¢

League is very weak

Maybe because Jones is currently injured and rather injury prone in general.

On current form Mainoo starts for England. Iā€™m just not sure heā€™ll sustain that form to be in the reckoning for a starting spot in the summer.

Top Bottom