• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Southgate is a ***. Bangs on about non football issues most of the time, like he’s trying to bring the country together or something.

He's done well to get them to this point, they looked hopeless after Euro 2016 to be fait to him.

But feel you need a better manager to take that next step, if you want to win trophies.

He's like England's Ole, tbh...but he;s kinda done well enough for them, that you can't sack him...the risk is leaving it too late to sack him, that you lose your chance to win (your team declines, others improve etc)

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐

How do you English feel about that?

I'd be a bit disappointed tbh. although I'm aware he got you to the final. I just don't feel the football under him - with the raw material he has - is anything breath taking, and not convincing enough. England has such a squad, but the play seems very unimaginative, and believe it should be possible to play much better.

I can't help to compare it with Denmark under Åge Hareide, and the year after with Kasper Hjulmand. The transformation being huge in practically all aspects. I feel Southgate is in many regards more similar to dear Åge than to Hjulmand hence my disappointment as I feel it's an uninspired, unambitious extension. The material deserves a more progressive, creative manager.
So that extension..

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
England haven’t played good football since Wilshere’s insane MOTM masterclasses.

WxqizS.jpg

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Who cares?

These games are ridiculous and at a ridiculous time, no one even enjoys international games outside the actual tournaments.

Why is it surprising England, even Germany and Italy arent exactly putting on much of a show. Hungary want to win these as its a qualification route, the other 3 dont even need it.

The whole England squad dont want to be playing these, I know hes Tottenham but how dumb is it Kane has started 3 of these games, guy needs constant rest but here he is, this little tournament should be a 'B' team thing.

I dont rate Southgate at all but you got to cut the man some slack, hes going into games where the players dont fancy it, its like when big clubs play minnows in FA cup draws etc, the only team who wants to be there is the underdog.

Could be Klopp or Pep in charge of this England squad and they still arent getting much out of these games as there glorified friendlies at a time where its like the last week of school, everything is done and everyone is waiting for it too end.

Biggest issue out of all this is why the **** the players are even there.

P.S - I'm barely even an England fan btw.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Who cares?

These games are ridiculous and at a ridiculous time, no one even enjoys international games outside the actual tournaments.

Why is it surprising England, even Germany and Italy arent exactly putting on much of a show. Hungary want to win these as its a qualification route, the other 3 dont even need it.

The whole England squad dont want to be playing these, I know hes Tottenham but how dumb is it Kane has started 3 of these games, guy needs constant rest but here he is, this little tournament should be a 'B' team thing.

I dont rate Southgate at all but you got to cut the man some slack, hes going into games where the players dont fancy it, its like when big clubs play minnows in FA cup draws etc, the only team who wants to be there is the underdog.

Could be Klopp or Pep in charge of this England squad and they still arent getting much out of these games as there glorified friendlies at a time where its like the last week of school, everything is done and everyone is waiting for it too end.

Biggest issue out of all this is why the **** the players are even there.

P.S - I'm barely even an England fan btw.

Southgate could have picked young players that hasnt played for England before. He didnt have to pick Kane and Saka.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Southgate could have picked young players that hasnt played for England before. He didnt have to pick Kane and Saka.

Thats my only real 'issue' with him if I was to care that much, the whole squad should have been a 'B' team.

Just let the players go on holiday and get some rest for when it matters.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Let’s be real he’s staying until the World Cup.

You’ve got a piss easy group and even probably get past Senegal or Holland.

Then you’ve got to the quarter finals and he’s probably safe.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Could tell even back in the WC they were winning in spite of him and lucky draws. This generation of England players is very good. Someone more inventive and who can play to thier attacking strengths would push them on

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Could tell even back in the WC they were winning in spite of him and lucky draws. This generation of England players is very good. Someone more inventive and who can play to thier attacking strengths would push them on
Potter. It's so obvious but the FA are inept.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I really don't think this England team is as good as everyone thinks it is, tbh.

You have some really good attacking players (though not as good as the group back in the 00s) but your defence and midfield is pretty average, tbh.

None of your CMs can really control a game, and pretty much none of them have won any trophies, so they have no experience to fall back on...while none of your CBs really stand out (you could say Timori, but this isn't the Serie A of the 90s, that he's bossing) I think the spine of your team is quite weak...even someone like Kane (who is a quality striker, all jokes aside) but the fact he is nearly 30 and has no medals...he will be feeling massive pressure, everytime you get close to a trophy, it's a bad mix.

Not excusing Southgate (he's a crap manager and one that you should move on from) Potter would definitely get you playing better football, but I don't think he would win you the World Cup either, feel you have been very lucky these past 2 tournaments more than anything...as a non English Arsenal fan, I don't really have you as one of the favs for any competition, based on your players.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
England is a good team, but this isn't the new golden generation at its prime yet

Right now England is the Manchester City of international football, so much money on the local league silverware will eventually happen. Football will come home soon.

Top Bottom