• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

Godwin1

Very well-known
Saka won’t go now I don’t think. Shaw and Chilwell cover LB and he’s behind Sterling, Rashford, Sancho, Foden and Grealish on the wings. Maddison and Barnes will miss out too.
Maddison seems to get injured when ever the internationals come up, incredable talent though I'd argue our best offensive midfielder.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

If the idea is to play Mount or Lingard in a forward position (LW, RW) that would be an utter waste. they either play as a CM or not at all, we have too much talent on the wings, with Rashford, Foden, Sancho, Grealish, Sterling, and Saka.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Agree with Carragher and Neville, Maddison, Saka, Sancho, Trent etc will not make the squad.
Think Sancho and Trent will based on historical performances and media pressure. The way the pundits were going on about Trent because he put in a great cross against us, going on about him being the best RB in the world over the last two years and how this is him responding to being dropped was just weird to watch.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Think Sancho and Trent will based on historical performances and media pressure. The way the pundits were going on about Trent because he put in a great cross against us, going on about him being the best RB in the world over the last two years and how this is him responding to being dropped was just weird to watch.
Who do you leave out for Sancho? Think Neville and Carra picked Kane, DCL, Sterling, Grealish, Foden and Rashford in front of him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think Southgate should really have been trying to win over AWB more than he has. Lockdown full backs like Ashley Cole used to be for England are great as they let you play with a 4.

AWB one side and Shaw the other works really well for Utd and rather than Trippier who I think is better in a 5 it lets him fit in another midfielder.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Who do you leave out for Sancho? Think Neville and Carra picked Kane, DCL, Sterling, Grealish, Foden and Rashford in front of him.
I wouldn't leave out any of them, maybe leave out DCL and have Rashford in as a wing option and backup CF. I reckon he'd squeeze in Sancho at the expense of a defender or something.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Think Southgate should really have been trying to win over AWB more than he has. Lockdown full backs like Ashley Cole used to be for England are great as they let you play with a 4.

AWB one side and Shaw the other works really well for Utd and rather than Trippier who I think is better in a 5 it lets him fit in another midfielder.
He has to pick between one of Walker/James/AWB as the athletically elite fullback who nullifies the counter and is hard to beat off the dribble. AWB the best defensively but the power of the other two puts them only slightly behind him in that category imo. James is the best two way threat of the bunch and Walker comes with the experience as well as probably being the quickest of the three.

He then has to choose between Trent and Trippier as the fullback who gives you something offensively. Trippier the more balanced but Trent utilised properly (which I don't think Gareth can even do 🤣) is a cheat code.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

If the idea is to play Mount or Lingard in a forward position (LW, RW) that would be an utter waste. they either play as a CM or not at all, we have too much talent on the wings, with Rashford, Foden, Sancho, Grealish, Sterling, and Saka.
Mount is in my XI in midfield with Rice & Henderson. He should not be playing on the wings for England imo.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
No Kane, Rashford, Sterling, Foden, Saka, Henderson, Mount, Shaw, Chilwell, Walker, Stones, Alexander-Arnold, Maguire, Henderson.

Gareth Southgate currently throwing up.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why did England and Germany not want 26 man squads? You would think it would benefit them given they have a bigger pool of talent. Most squads pick themselves, it’s only France, Germany and England where you’re discussing leaving out Trent, Saka, Maddison, Bellingham etc.

Top Bottom