• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gary Cahill

em9999

My rainbows
Sokratis, Mustafi and Holding are better. Koscielny and Mavraponos are better as well.

Trolling only gets you this far.

Cahill is a premier league winner the centre backs we currently stockpile are losers and dont know how to defend

To say they are better is complete crap and flies in the face of fact..

I stand by what i said

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Nah fam. Any player we bring in has to be fit to perform at a moment's notice. I don't want any more Lichsteiners, Silvestres, Kallstroms or Vivianos.

Even if he is semi-competent these "can do a job", "he's just a stop gap and not very expensive", "solid pro", "will put in a shift" type signings have gotten us nowhere in the long run or the short run if we're being honest. Benayoun, Flamini, Squillaci, Chamakh.

Wenger banked too much on youth potential then went way too far in the other direction with his sudden love of middle of the road tier footballers in their late 20s to early 30s.

I want us to sign unknown gems like Douzi or players who are 24/25 and about to hit their prime. No more Cahill stop gap type signings because they either don't play at all or end up having to play too much when an injury crisis hits and you see they aren't anywhere near good enough

He will bring some stability and put an end to anymore Xhaka, Lichtir even Koscielny (hurts me to say that) at the back.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Sokratis, Mustafi and Holding are better. Koscielny and Mavraponos are better as well.

Trolling only gets you this far.

Pointless mentioning holding in terms of this season. Mavro just returning from what must have been serious injury. Same with koscielny who looks very shaky in his games since his return.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Nothing wrong with a loan, we can buy a top CB in the summer. Currently we have Sokratis & Mustafi as starters, the rest are either injured or past it.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

How does it work with loans again? Do we pay half their wages or is it full?
I hope the board know this won’t cut it in the summer. Our mentality needs to stop being ‘better than what we have’ because it isn’t hard to be better than we have. We need to buy as elite as we can attract. I’d rather us sign 1 player the whole of 2019 than 5 who are taking us no where

HBL

Established Member
It’s pathetic that we’re at a point where a half season loan from a rival’s unwanted CB would improve our defence. It’s embarrassing, I think I’d rather self-immolate till the end of the season than swallow that pill.
Tbf thus far it's only really been Italian media reporting on an English transfer which suggests it isn't really as likely as people are making out.

You've usually got an opinion on transfers, what cb would you sign?

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I'm not so sure about Cahill's current level.

We can't afford to get another bad player in a defensive position

Giroud12

Not exactly Koulibaly :lol:

However, given the current state of affairs I´d take him. Easily better than Kos and Lich.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
How does it work with loans again? Do we pay half their wages or is it full?
I hope the board know this won’t cut it in the summer. Our mentality needs to stop being ‘better than what we have’ because it isn’t hard to be better than we have. We need to buy as elite as we can attract. I’d rather us sign 1 player the whole of 2019 than 5 who are taking us no where

Doesn’t even have to be elite players, gambling on unknown quality is much better than getting someone like Cahill.. Liverpool got Robertson and Gomez from the lower leagues, Leicester got Maguire. If Mislintat’s scouting is as good as they say I’m sure he can find someone like that instead of wasting our time with ****ing Cahill.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Doesn’t even have to be elite players, gambling on unknown quality is much better than getting someone like Cahill.. Liverpool got Robertson and Gomez from the lower leagues, Leicester got Maguire. If Mislintat’s scouting is as good as they say I’m sure he can find someone like that instead of wasting our time with ****ing Cahill.

Agree x 1000. We don't need an old washed up CB from a rival even if it's a loan or not. Surely there are other CB's out there who would fit our bill better than Cahill?

I'd only accept a Gary Cahill loan if it's because we have someone lined up for the summer that we can't acquire now. We surely cannot afford to bring in another Mustafi type signing thats neither top talent or un-known. Either go out and get the best or find someone un-known and risk it.

I think that Liverpool game showed me we probably need a CB in Jan more than a winger, we seriously can't wait for people to come back off injury.

If Cahill is the only option though, which would surprise me, then just get him.

TornadoTed

Established Member

I said pretty much exactly the same thing in another thread. No doubt VVD is an exceptional defender but a defence is a unit and Robertson, Gomez and Alexander-Arnold have been just as important and the 3 players combined cost under £15m. United have shown that throwing loads of money at a team doesn't work unless you get the right players, create the right partnerships and achieve balance. I used the example of Mertesacker, not a World beater and had his flaws but he was calm, read the game well and a leader and that bought the whole defence up a level.

Latest posts

Top Bottom